Talk:Friends of gays should not be allowed to edit articles
|This talk contains material intended to be humorous. It should not be taken seriously or literally.|
|This page was previously nominated for deletion. Before doing so again, please review these discussions. (k/d/n)|
- 1 TEST
- 2 Why don't we implemment some of these suggestions?
- 3 Why is this here?
- 4 happy?
- 5 LOOK AT THIS PAGE
- 6 Confusion
- 7 I don't see the point in this.
- 8 teh funny.
- 9 Test
- 10 Whoops
- 11 ROTFLMAO!!!
- 12 Humour Notice
- 13 Refutation of the principle
- 14 Links to edit summaries?
- 15 Like to point out
- 16 Like to point out
- 17 Good one!
- 18 More appropriate places
- 19 Humornotguideline
- 20 dig it
- 21 Ha Ha Ha
- 22 One sort of vandalists is missing
- 23 gays do edit
- 24 Brilliant
- 25 wow, that was hilarious
- 26 Problem with this proposal
- 27 Wow
- 28 Get rid of 3 new sections
- 29 Meta Critique
- 30 "Poop"
- 31 This joke has five sections, not four, and I think we should make it six.
- 32 Uhm... and this?
- 33 How about another group?
- 34 German version
- 35 funny!
- 36 HAHA
- 37 amusing maybe 6 out of 10
- 38 Comments
- 39 Wikipedia to Wikimedia
- 40 Tag At The Bottom
- 41 First gay vandal ever seen
- 42 Finally! A "Humor" Template!
- 43 Propose rename
- 44 Proposed sixth vandal category
- 45 Interesting diff
- 46 Title is inappropriate
- 47 Edit button?
- 48 Move this page?
- 49 Moved again
Pardon me while I practice typing here using my gay friend's enormous penis.
- Why the hell are you doing that?
- Because I want to see if it will work.
Why don't we implemment some of these suggestions?
Proposal: In the recent changes list, if an edit trips one of the following conditions then it will appear in red.
- Any character is repeated 4 times or more (e.g. "aaaa")
- The word "test" appears
- The word "gay" appears
- If an entry that was at least 3kb before the edit, lost half or more of its size.
This page is merely a parody of other unwiki proposals to restrict access to Wikipedia. It's a fun joke, and I've tried to make sure it doesn't come across as homophobic. That said, it has a good chance to attract the enthusiastic attention of the same [mouthbreathers] it makes fun of. If that's the case, I'd like to see it deleted. --Evan 23:33, 30 Jan 2004 (UTC)
- Well at first I thought this was a proposal is disallow my friends to edit. But then I read the page and got the joke. :) --mav 05:12, 2 Feb 2004 (UTC)
- I like that idea about flagging edits like that so they stick out in recentchanges. --22:20, 3 April 2006 (UTC)
Who wrote this nonsense? It's beautiful! Evan? Never heard of you. No matter: you are instantly evelated to my "always read what this person writes, he's good" list. Tannin - 05:05, 2 Feb 2004 (UTC)
- Aw, shucks. B-) --Evan 20:33, 2 Feb 2004 (UTC)
- And I'm afraid i would have to agree. - en:user:Celestianpower
- Restricting the flamboyant typing students from using more than 4 instances of a certain character in a row is most likely to lead to discrimination of friends of fat people who need to state the size of their friends' clothing out loud - not to mention friends of individuals with xxxxl penises. --anon. coward.
Also: the note about Wikipedia running out of letters cracked me up. ---Evan 20:49, 2 Feb 2004 (UTC)
- likewise 22.214.171.124 14:35, 2 Oct 2004 (UTC)
I do not think that peple shud hav to sine that leter to rite on here. Insted you shud make the note on the top more clearer to make ser you do not do such stuf. It is OK if you ar lerning how to type, or ar curius, or gay or no sumbudy gay, just make ser thay do not rite about it on the Wikipedia. And that shud be a note on the top insted, not a leter you hav to sine to do it.
I moved the following comments from the article : chocolateboy 13:42, 25 Jul 2004 (UTC)
- On a less parodic note- there are some more fine-grained Anti-vandalism ideas around ;-) - Gwicke 01:06, 31 Jan 2004 (UTC)
- Opportunist! --Evan 08:07, 31 Jan 2004 (UTC)
- =>;-)) Anthere
- There's a fine line between trolling and humor, and you have both feet firmly over that line (not sure which side! ;-) --Ed Poor
- Who cares which side, we're all enjoying ourselves!
Note that there are exactly zero vandalism instances that say, "I AM VERY GAY"
- As does this one. Raul654 21:00, 2 Oct 2004 (UTC)
One thing I would like to see happen is possibly having checks on all submitted articles to see what kind of changes were done. Say, a huge article gets written down to 10 words or less it would automatically get rejected as an edit. just a suggestion --AppleBoy 04:09, 15 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- The trouble with a sanity check like this is it would reject the turning of a page into a redirect after it was merged with another. Boffy b 20:59, 20 Feb 2005 (UTC)
maybe one solution would be to open a typing school as part of wikiversity... The bellman 02:30, 10 Dec 2004 (UTC)
Why not simplify this
rubbish stuff to "those who have any friends at all are not allowed to edit"? :p I would easily qualify. :-) 126.96.36.199 13:38, 3 April 2008 (UTC)