|Welcome to the Pageviews Analysis feedback forum|
This is the forum to provide feature requests, bug reports, and general feedback for the Pageviews Analysis suite of tools.
Some key notes when making a post:
Settings like chart type, show values and log scale are not included in the permalink URL, so any changes made to them are not preserved when sharing the link. Ideally all UI options should be settable via the URL. --Waldir (talk) 13:06, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
- Makes sense! I have created phab:T204620. I agree anything visual should be preserved, minus localization settings (such as date formats). MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 22:50, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
Mediaview does not include images
Only audio and video files are counted in the mediaviews tab. Would it be possible to also count images? Ideally, I'd love to be able to combine views for a file on commons including (1) direct file page views on commons; (2) direct "virtual" file page views on, say, enwiki (assuming the file does not exist locally); (3) mediaviewer previews in articles on enwiki -- possibly combining the views from multiple articles.
Ideally, for (3) it should be possible to automatically combine this data for all articles where the file is included, rather than manually introducing the titles. And But for a start, requiring the user to manually add the page titles would be fine.
- The playcounts are provided by analytics dumps. Unfortunately image loads are not recorded. I am sure there's a ticket for this somewhere on Phabricator, but I cannot find it. For now, only video and audio are supported. Sorry! MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 22:42, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
Pageviews bug report - could not open stats page
- As written on the top of this page: "Please explain what is broken. If you do not give any information, we cannot help you. Did you see an error message? If so, what did it say?" --AKlapper (WMF) (talk) 15:38, 22 September 2018 (UTC)
Topviews bug report: � character displayed instead of umlauts in Topviews analysis
https://tools.wmflabs.org/topviews/?project=de.wikipedia.org&platform=all-access&date=last-month&excludes=St%EF%BF%BDckgut%7CSch%EF%BF%BDttgut%7CF%EF%BF%BDrdertechnik displays "Schüttgut", "Stückgut" and "Fördertechnik" with a � character instead of the umlaut. The correct symbol, the umlaut ü and ö should be displayed though.
This is for de.wikipedia.org as the pages only show up here.
I am using Firefox 63. The issue is also present with Chrome 70.0.3538.67 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit) on Windows 10 pro.
Nothing in the Topviews FAQ.
- @PBaumer: Topviews merely reports the data provided by the pageviews API. Apparently, there were pageviews to St�ckgut () and the others, even though these aren't real articles. This tells me it's very likely a false positive, where a bot was scraping those pages. I have flagged them as false positives so they will no longer appear in Topviews results. Thanks for the report. MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 16:00, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
Pageviews bug report
Got an error on this URL. https://tools.wmflabs.org/pageviews/?project=en.wikipedia.org&platform=all-access&agent=user&range=latest-20&pages=Talk:Dry_drunk - 18.104.22.168 19:54, 26 October 2018 (UTC)
- What did the error say...? What browser and operating system are you using? MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 13:45, 27 October 2018 (UTC)
Adding Pageviews to otherwikis
- Hello Arslanali! You can add these links to the system messages at sd:MediaWiki:Histlegend (top of revision history) and sd:MediaWiki:Pageinfo-footer (bottom of page information page). There are a number of URL parameters, but to link to the tool with the default options, use the syntax:
- replacing "Pageviews" with the Sindhi translation. If you need help let me know :) MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 20:43, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks @MusikAnimal (WMF):, now tool is live in sd.wikipedia. in pageviews when we change language its showing LtR, but sindh is RtL, same like arbic or urdu (اردو). Arslanali (talk) 08:37, 30 October 2018 (UTC)