|Welcome to the Pageviews Analysis feedback forum|
This is the forum to provide feature requests, bug reports, and general feedback for the Pageviews Analysis suite of tools.
Some key notes when making a post:
Porphyre ist in Tyrus in Phoenizien des heutigen Lebanon/ Levan(Hébraïque)/ Levante(Andronicos der Römer)geborenn nicht in Syrien: Im Gegensatz zu Lebanon, Ägypten und des heutigen Griechenland, es gibt keinen archeölogischen Hinweis einer Syrien oder syrische Kultur. Philos of Byblos, der die Geschichte der Phoenizier von Sanchouniaton in griechische übersetzt hat, Sprache von Distorsion/ Verzerrung der Geschichte des Lebanon. Weder Syria noch Germania der Antike existieren. Name Stadt Damaskus erst ab dem VI AD in Byzanz.
Error in the number of pageviews of an article?
Something seems to be wrong with the pageview statistics of the article de:Anthocyane:
- May 2019: 8,267,727 pageviews Pageviews Analysis May 2019
- April 2019: 9,253,908 pageviews Pageviews Analysis Apr 2019
- February 2019: 27,358,494 pageviews Pageviews Analysis Feb 2019
- January 2019: 23,177,956 pageviews Pageviews Analysis Jan 2019
- @Starkiller3010: See toolforge:pageviews/faq#anomaly. Almost all pageviews for Jan 2019 are from desktop, which is not typical for dewiki. This suggest it is artificial traffic. MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 01:35, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
Pageviews bug report
- Link: https://tools.wmflabs.org/pageviews/?project=mediawiki.org&platform=all-access&agent=user&range=latest-20&pages=MediaWiki
- Broken: All results for mediawiki.org
- Browser: Shouldn't matter in this case, but Firefox on macOS.
- @Jc86035: You aren't by chance using an anti-tracking browser extension, such as Privacy Badger? Please make sure mediawiki.org is whilelisted. The Toolforge environment is also undergoing maintenance today, which might slow down things. MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 15:44, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
More of a question - is there a distinction between human vs. bot traffic?
- There's phab:T138207 and phab:T123442. Bot detection is practically a science. I think at current it's simply going by user agent and these bots are spoofing and/or using client side scripts such that the UAs look human. MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 01:24, 7 June 2019 (UTC)
Changing name of duplicate listing-
Hello, Our business is Bridgeton House on the Delaware (a hotel)- wiki has us as Bridgeton House. When one searches on google for Bridgeton House (as most will instead of typing our our whole name) Google uses wiki to show not our business listing, but this wiki page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgeton_House I have tried to change the Title to Bridgeton House on the Delaware but it will not let me change the main title. One might think that this is a big deal, but it is for a hotel as google defaults to the name & does not show our actual hotel 'Google my business' page, which exist with all our business information, photos & reviews.
Is there any way to either delete the wiki page altogether or change the title which google searches for & have it go to Bridgeton House on the Delaware. And yes I have tried to contact google numerous times, but to no avail.
- Hi BwBriggs, this help venue is about the Pageviews Analysis tool. For help with editing or using the English Wikipedia, you can contact the help desk or the Teahouse. Best, MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 22:15, 24 June 2019 (UTC)
Could there possibly be an option to show unique viewers under the pageviews section of pageviews tab. When checking out my page, I want to know how many different people have seen my page, not just if half of them are me or not. AdrianWikiEditor (talk) 07:00, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
Pageview Analysis of w:Elephant's Foot (Chernobyl)
- @UnsignificantEditor: It was moved on June 7. Pageviews are tied to the title, not the page ID, so you need to enter the old location too. See  for combined results. There's also Redirect Views which shows the target page + all of its redirects. This works in your situation because a redirect was left behind when the page was moved. MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 22:58, 9 July 2019 (UTC)