|Welcome to the Pageviews Analysis feedback forum|
This is the forum to provide feature requests, bug reports, and general feedback for the Pageviews Analysis suite of tools.
Some key notes when making a post:
- @Praveenp: Hello! It actually goes off of your browser and/or operating system, not the interface language. We have an entry in our config for ml-in that uses DD-MM-YY. You must be using a different locale. Could you tell me what you see in the popup at here? Note also in Pageviews Analysis you can force ISO 8601 by going to Settings and unchecking "Localize date format". Best, MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 02:16, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
- @MusikAnimal (WMF): Thank you for immediate response. I confirm I am using en-us as my browser locale. It is not easy for Malayalam users to set locale as ml-in, since not many websites are in Malayalam and many of the available ones (including google, facebook) are not that good for regular use. I don't know any user who uses Malayalam locale in their browser. Is there any URL parameter available equivalent for unchecking "localize date format", so that we can add that to ml:മീഡിയവിക്കി:Histlegend.--Praveen:talk 14:52, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
Is this the full extent of public page usage info, or do we have other tracking events? I'm curious as to whether readers read to the bottom of the page or where they stop—are they coming just for the infobox or are they reading through to References? Or time spent on page? czar 19:07, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
- Unfortunately none of this information is available. Sorry! MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 00:25, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
Hello! I used the Massviews Analysis tool for w:en:Blockchain (w:en:Category:Mathematics). Include all subcategories. w:en:Blockchain article is in w:en:Category:Mathematical tools (part of w:en:Category:Mathematics). Why I do not see w:en:Blockchain article from the list (Chose a category w:en:Category:Mathematics)? And why all the time a lot of articles with an error querying Pageviews API - Not found? Thanks! — Niklitov (talk) 14:43, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
- This is baffling. I will have a look into this issue. Thanks for the report, MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 00:26, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
- It is most surely bot-inflated traffic. In the pageviews API pipeline, bots are filtered out using basic heuristics like looking at the user agent. So this bot probably is spoofing to look human or it is a clientside script. Why they would want to scrape the page that many times, who knows :) I will add an entry about this common issue in the FAQ. MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 00:28, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
In the Topview Analysis for dewp for May 24, see this link, there are three articles on place 62, 63, and 64 with incorrectly handled characters.
The incorrectly handled characters are somehow translated to %uFFFD which is displayed as a question mark icon in the webb browser and the links lead to an error page instead of the respective article.
Note: This problem is not present in the Pageviews Analyis where the same articles are displayed and linked correctly, see this link.