|Welcome to the Pageviews Analysis feedback forum|
This is the forum to provide feature requests, bug reports, and general feedback for the Pageviews Analysis suite of tools.
Some key notes when making a post:
Massviews hangs without finishing for Commons
Massviews is a great tool for finding images to put into Commons galleries!
Recently, it seems to hang consistently when given different Commons categories. For example, try Massviews on Commons:Category:Long Valley Caldera for the month of October 2017. It doesn't finish (for me) either with or without "Include all subcategories" checked. ---Hike395 (talk)
- @Hike395: This is because of phab:T179113. I was able to add a workaround though, so it should be finishing for you now MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 06:43, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
Inflated Stats until May 2017
Hi We've used the wmflabs tool to look at wiki page impressions from mobile users from the last 2 years. From Dec 2015 to May 2017 we're showing more page impressions that booking.com, which I'd love to be accurate and true but I'm doubtful! The same comparison graph on desktop looks fine incidently.
Could you offer any feedback as to why these stats look so inflated for this date range?
We're using Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 and MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
Jerome J. Workman Jr - pageviews deleted prior to 10/28/17?
All page views prior to 10/28/17 are deleted? These page views are not available when using any OS or browsers?(22.214.171.124 20:19, 23 November 2017 (UTC))
- I'm going to need more information. Can you provide a link? What probably happened was that the page was moved to a new location, so you'll have to look up the old title to get the old pageviews. MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 23:20, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
It would be nice to see the stats for month A to month B in the topviews tool, or at least for an entire year. 126.96.36.199 19:40, 26 November 2017 (UTC)
- If you talk about "Topviews", custom date ranges are no longer supported. Lofhi (talk) 17:00, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Indeed this functionality has been removed, because we currently don't have accurate data for arbitrary ranges. The API behind the tool only offers per-day and per-month stats. The Analytics team will probably compile the most-viewed pages for all of 2017 like they did last year, but I think they may only do this for the English Wikipedia. MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 23:18, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
Very strange spike in views in several articles
A number of low-profile articles about places in the Middle East started receiving huge increase in views this year: Pageviews Analysis (Up to 50,000+ each). If you check 'Agent' parameter on the left, you'll see that until June 9 it was "Spider", and then "User". Views for some of those are almost identical day-by-day, and it stops and starts randomly. It's 100% unnatural. What can explain this? --Triggerhippie4 (talk) 14:31, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- I have also had odd spikes such as this one - https://tools.wmflabs.org/pageviews/?project=en.wikipedia.org&platform=all-access&agent=user&range=latest-30&pages=Disengaging_from_an_abuser_using_the_no_contact_rule_or_grey_rock_method It looks genuine to me on the face of it but on the other hand you would have thought if there was some sudden frenetic interest by a reader or group of readers they might have commented on the talk page or edited the article to improve it.--Penbat (talk) 09:07, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
Why cat and dog?
Having the default search of cat and dog means needing 2 extra clicks (and pageload) every time the page is opened. Can't we display the example only at first access? --Ita140188 (talk) 11:33, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
- This is to illustrate the comparison capabilities. You can use the "Clear" link at the top-right to reset it, which will also put focus in the search field. That brings it down to one click, hopefully that's satisfactory? Having no default following initial access isn't a bad idea, but this is how it used to be for projects other than en.wikipedia, and some people asked why there was no default. So now it queries Wikidata to get the corresponding pages for Cat and Dog, or show the Main Page if none exists. MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 23:16, 11 December 2017 (UTC)