Jump to content

User talk:Waldyrious

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Latest comment: 1 month ago by Waldyrious in topic Wikimania 2010 → 2024

:)

[edit]

Thanks ^^ Patrícia msg 23:52, 1 February 2008 (UTC)Reply

Request for usurpation

[edit]

Hello Waldir. Your request for user name usurpation has been archived (see discussion). —{admin} Pathoschild 23:59:16, 26 March 2008 (UTC)

Waldir, já pensou em ser sysop aqui, no Meta? Alex Pereira falaê 20:16, 11 April 2008 (UTC)Reply
É que você é um dos lusófonos mais ativos aqui, e conhece bem as políticas daqui. Acho que seria de valia. Alex Pereira falaê 22:02, 11 April 2008 (UTC)Reply
Se eu puder indicar alguma leitura, diria para dar uma olhadela em Meta:Administrators' discussion index, é muito bom pois estão todas as discussões juntas, atualizadas. E se se candidatar, tens o meu apoio. Alex Pereira falaê 19:26, 15 April 2008 (UTC)Reply

Muito pouco... É que em casa, quase não entro, por conta das aulas da minha graduação... E no meu serviço, não consigo acessar o MSN. Mas se for algo de muito urgente, pode escrever no meu e-mail. Saudações. Alex Pereira falaê 23:40, 17 April 2008 (UTC)Reply

Poll

[edit]

Hello! (sorry if my message is so simple, but my English is not cool :-(). I'm sorry, I got confused because I live in Mexico and yet is June 5. I reverted myself (*gosh!*). Thank you for your message! --Cobalttempestnonotzaliztli 00:41, 6 July 2008 (UTC)Reply

Anyhow you had to strike Gons votes :-P. Nice to meet you. Cheers! --Cobalttempestnonotzaliztli 01:15, 6 July 2008 (UTC)Reply

More

[edit]

Hi! Thanks, I think the problem is solved, I'm going to restore the votes. Saludos, Gons (¿Digame?) 01:29, 6 July 2008 (UTC).

Hello

[edit]

Thank you so much, I just have a doubt, can I use {{softredirect}} (in place of {{soft redirect}})? Cheers. —C'est moi @eswiki @enwiki 16:57, 17 July 2008 (UTC) In place of...Reply

Merci!. —C'est moi @eswiki @enwiki 04:34, 18 July 2008 (UTC)Reply

Top Ten Wikipedias/poll

[edit]

Looks like someone is not happy with the outcome of the poll. OhanaUnitedTalk page 15:31, 3 August 2008 (UTC)Reply

Wikipedia/Logo discussion

[edit]

Hello! I am writing you because of your involvement at Talk:Errors in the Wikipedia logo. This is a message to inform all the Wikipedias that there is an ongoing project to fix the errors in the Wikipedia logo. There's also a plan to add more characters in the blank spaces and find characters for the other sides of the globe. Feel to visit Wikipedia/Logo on Meta-Wiki and discuss it on the talk page. Thank you, and see you there! Cary Bass demandez 19:14, 9 October 2008 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Brasil

[edit]

Olá Waldir.
Terá um evento no Brasil dia 10 de novembro 19:30 aqui, promovido pela Wikimedia Brasil, sobre produções colaborativas de conhecimentos livres, Wikimedia Brasil/projetos/WikiBrasil, com Jimmy Wales, criador da Wiki, e várias pessoas envolvidas nessa área, como disponibilizaremos e transmitiremos para internet, caso queiram, podemos fazer algo inter-Wikimedia. Podem enviar perguntas para o evento, marcar uma reunião com os interessados na Wikimedia Portugal para verem e interagirem com o evento, para uma aproximação entre vocês e poderem e interagirem conosco. Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton m 18:22, 17 October 2008 (UTC)Reply

Arbitration Committee

[edit]

Hi, I noticed your addition to Arbitration Committee of the Portugese wiki. Care to explain at Wikimedia Arbitration committees election processes the process of how their Arbitration Committee is chosen? Cirt (talk) 07:37, 7 February 2009 (UTC)Reply

Userbox Wikimedia Portugal

[edit]

{{Wikipedia:Userbox/WPortugal}}Criei a Userbox Wikimedia Portugal, para quem apoia a criação da Wikimedia Portugal. Coloca-a no teu perfil, se estiveres interessado.
Zorglub 21:37, 20 February 2009 (UTC)Reply

Outra visão

[edit]

Waldir, ainda estão tentando montar o estatuto da Wikimedia Portugal? A Wikimedia Brasil desistiu do estatuto, mesmo depois de aprovado e estamos fazendo uma Carta de Princípios, se quiser conversar o meu e-mail é rodrigo.argenton@gmail.com, nós criamos uma estrutura totalmente diferente muito mais dinâmica, pode dar certo para Portugal também. Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton m 03:57, 8 March 2009 (UTC)Reply

Não não, na realidade não é melhora-lo e sim aboli-lo, não realizar da formalização. A Wikimedia Brasil está caminhando para ser a primeira a assumir como capítulo sem a necessidade de tornar-se uma ONG. Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton m 20:56, 9 March 2009 (UTC)Reply

Aqui deve ser até pior, mas nós trabalharemos sem dinheiro, chegamos a conclusão que o grupo está imaturo para lidar com dinheiro, então as parcerias serão formadas para projetos, assim não lidamos tanto com o dinheiro. Evita muita coisa, a Wikipedia trabalhou sem dinheiro :D e obrigado. Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton m 00:36, 10 March 2009 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Venezuela (planned)

[edit]

As the person who created the Wikimedia Venezuela page, can you shed any light at Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Venezuela Wikimedia? The landing page is unclear and provides no contact information, and the links at Wikimedia chapters#Planned chapters and Wikimedia Venezuela are not working. Thanks. ~ Ningauble 23:16, 14 September 2010 (UTC)Reply

Thanks, I added a comment there and attempted to contact the relevant people. Hopefully someone with insider knowledge will comment there soon. Cheers, Waldir 08:42, 15 September 2010 (UTC)Reply

HTML5

[edit]

Good day, Waldir,
See the Forum
Patio 09:52, 27 January 2011 (UTC)Reply

Translator, We need you!

[edit]

Dear Waldir,

You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.

Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.

If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.

Many Thanks

Joseph Seddon (User:Jseddon (WMF))

Production Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation
Jseddon (WMF) 00:40, 9 July 2011 (UTC)Reply

Redirects Fundraising 2011

[edit]

Hello Waldir, I've declined your request for deletion of "Fundraising 2011/Test Updates/July/8", because there are still some links to that redirect (see [1]). By the way, the same goes for other redirects of the Fundraising 2011 (such as "Fundraising 2011/Test Updates/July 15"). Should these links be replaced and - subsequently - the redirects deleted? Yours sincerely, Mathonius 23:38, 27 August 2011 (UTC)Reply

Hi. There must have been some sort of confusion. Either someone linked to those pages and later removed those links, or you looked at the wrong "what links here" listings. The link you placed above lists only this page as containing links to the July/8 page (because, naturally, you linked to it above). Also, I didn't request the deletion of the July 15 page or any others that I didn't create myself. Please re-check the requests. Thanks, Waldir 17:37, 28 August 2011 (UTC)Reply
Hmmm, strange... anyway, I've now deleted this redirect. I know you didn't request the deletion of that July 15 redirect, but I was just wondering if you needed help with those redirects. Mathonius 17:54, 28 August 2011 (UTC)Reply
No, thanks. The July 15 (and all the other redirects with spaces) were the original titles, and as such are probably linked from mailing list threads, etc. If you could, just delete those I marked, please :) --Waldir 18:05, 30 August 2011 (UTC)Reply
Okay. :) Mathonius 09:47, 31 August 2011 (UTC)Reply

Global contribs

[edit]

I read: «like Luxo's but sorted chronologically». Do you know tools:~krinkle/MoreContributions/input.php? Cheers, Nemo 07:53, 12 January 2012 (UTC)Reply

Woah, nice! I didn't know about that one :D And it actually lists individual edits rather than just last activity date :) Awesome, thanks! --Waldir 15:34, 13 January 2012 (UTC)Reply

Acompanhamento de solicitação

[edit]

Boa tarde, poderia fazer o acompanhamento da seguinte permissão OTRS, é que houve outros usuários que encontraram a permissão mas não são portugueses e por isso não perceberam se a imagem foi ao não autorizada, se pudesse fazer a confirmação agradecia, as imagens referentes são: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Agarra_que_%C3%A9_honesto.png e http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Vai_de_Email_a_pior.png muito obrigada,Shania Twain Portugal (talk) 13:40, 22 April 2012 (UTC)Reply

Tanto quanto percebi, o problema já está resolvido. Avise-me se ainda for preciso alguma coisa. --Waldir (talk) 10:56, 23 April 2012 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll open

[edit]

Hi there,

You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.

The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.

Thanks, Thehelpfulone 22:11, 6 October 2012 (UTC)Reply

Editor @ ar.wiki

[edit]

Hello. I would like to inform you that I have granted you editor flag at the Arabic Wikipedia, all your edits there will be automatically marked as patrolled. Best regards.--Avocato (talk) 03:58, 9 July 2013 (UTC)Reply

Oh, that's nice. Thanks for the attention :) Cheers, Waldir (talk) 12:28, 9 July 2013 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia genealogy project

[edit]

Please visit this page if you wish to contribute to a centralized discussion about a Wikimedia genealogy project. Thank you! --Another Believer (talk) 22:04, 26 February 2014 (UTC)Reply

wmf:Template:Chapters addresses/layout

[edit]

Since you created this template (since changed by another user), please see Foundation wiki feedback#Regarding Local chapters overlapping divs. - dcljr (talk) 00:28, 15 July 2014 (UTC)Reply

Views on pt.wp COI and Paid Editing

[edit]

I had a quick question I hope you can help on:

Is there a policy page for Portuguese Wikipedia on paid editing? I do not see one linked to from the pt.wp COI, and was hoping you could help me figure out the particular policy on of paid editing. It seems that the community is accepting of it if it's disclosed and transparent? pt:Wikipédia:Conflito_de_interesse

Thanks! -- Fuzheado (talk) 22:01, 12 August 2015 (UTC)Reply

Hey Andrew. I am not really very involved with policy discussions in ptwiki, but the COI page seems to cover this, albeit not in a separate section. The only passage that mentions paid editing explicitly is in the lead (emphasis mine):
Edições de COI são extremamente desencorajadas. Quando elas causam perturbação da enciclopédia na opinião de um administrador não envolvido, podem levar ao bloqueio das contas e embaraços para os indivíduos ou grupos que foram promovidos. Edições no interesse de relações públicas são particularmente malvistas. Isto inclui, mas não é limitado a, edições feitas por departamentos de relações públicas de corporações, ou de outras entidades públicas ou privadas, com ou sem fins lucrativos; ou por editores profissionais pagos para editar um artigo da Wikipédia com a única intenção de melhorar a imagem da organização.
Translation:
COI edits are extremely discouraged. If an uninvolved administrator assesses that they disrupt the encyclopedic process, they can lead to blocking of the accounts and public embarrassment for the individuals or groups who have been promoted. Edits done purely for PR purposes are particularly frowned-upon. This includes, but is not limited to, edits made by PR departments of corporations, or other public or private entities, for or not for profit; or by professional editors paid to edit a to edit a Wikipedia article with the sole intention of improving the organization's image.
Hope that helps :) --Waldir (talk) 15:50, 16 August 2015 (UTC)Reply

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum(_AT_)wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 21:20, 28 September 2015 (UTC)TranslateGet helpReply

Phabricator task-T120738 List Of Contributors

[edit]

Hello,

I am interested to work on the project List Of Contributors with phab task https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T120738 . I see that you endorsed the project in the community wishlist survey. It would be great help if you could share how you wish this tool should be implemented. As I am writing my proposal for the project for GSoC 2016 , I am working to make an outline to the project and a timeline for tasks to be completed. Your valuable suggestions are most welcome.


Thanks!Devikrishnan (talk) 11:51, 15 March 2016 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Portugal

[edit]

Olá Waldir, como vão as coisas com o capítulo português? Precisamos promover atividades e projetos em parceria entre Brasil/Portugal. Rodrigo Padula (talk) 02:02, 14 May 2016 (UTC)Reply

Pessoalmente estou num período de disponibilidade muito limitada. Sugiro que escrevas para a nossa mailing list, onde os que se encontram mais ativos podem responder melhor. Abraço, Waldir (talk) 10:06, 14 May 2016 (UTC)Reply

2016 Community Wishlist Survey

[edit]

Hi,

You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.

The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)Reply

Which programm uses "computer font"? Windows? Android? Anything?

[edit]

ambigous lemmas

Should be kept with concept (Q1147633)

Oxford dictionary don't get this ambiguity, en.wiktionary does.

Alternative labels are for alternative names. D1gggg (talk) 07:19, 20 January 2018 (UTC)Reply

Sorry, I don't think I understand exactly what you're saying. Can you please rephrase your question in other words? Thanks! --Waldir (talk) 17:58, 20 January 2018 (UTC)Reply

Introduction

[edit]

Hi Waldir, I hope you've been well. I'd like to introduce Londonjackbooks, who is interested in wiki-related events in Portugal. Could you send suggestions? I've linked her English Wikisource account, as I believe that's where she's most active. -Pete Forsyth (talk) 21:21, 9 June 2018 (UTC)Reply

Hey Pete, sorry I didn't get around to reply earlier. I am not the most active person at this moment to talk about wiki-related events in Portugal. Probably User:DarwIn, User:Alchimista or User:GoEThe will be in a better position to advise her. Hope that helps, Waldir (talk) 20:38, 29 July 2018 (UTC)Reply

SVG Translate Community wishlist survey project

[edit]

Hello! Thank you for voting for the SVG Translate project that was proposed in the 2017 Wishlist survey. The Community Tech team in the Wikimedia Foundation is beginning to start their work on the project. We're currently looking for feedback on some open questions which will allow us to come up with preliminary designs for the tool. If you are interested in being involved, you can watch the project page and join in the discussions on the talk page. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and learning from your experiences. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF), Product Manager, Community Tech (talk) 21:53, 16 August 2018 (UTC)Reply

The Community Wishlist Survey

[edit]

Hi,

You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:23, 30 October 2018 (UTC)Reply

Help wanted for global templates

[edit]

You have shown support for global templates in the past. Staff of the Wikimedia Foundation view this change as big. We need to convince the Wikimedia Foundation to start working on this. We have to reassure them there is sufficient support by local project communities.

You can help move this forward.

Please do setup a page on the local projects you are (most) active on in the language of the project. Tell your fellow editors why you believe global templates are necessary. Follow the local project decision process to come to a discussion outcome as support or not. There is plenty of time for discussion. Please reach a conclusion before the end of April 2021.

Please translate the coordinating page on meta to languages you are proficient in. Gathering support from local projects for global templates

Please add a line to this meta page with a link to a discussion page on your local project(s).

The goal is to have the Wikimedia Foundation include a program to develop infrastructure for global templates in their 2021/2022 Annual Plan. The Wikimedia Foundation will decide on the Annual Plan in May/June this year.

The aim is to have several dozen local project communities to show support, and little concerns, issues or objections. Of course, any project can continue to use their local templates.

When you have questions about this initiative you can reach me at ad(_AT_)huikeshoven.org or + 31 6 40293574, and also on Telegram and Signal. You can also raise questions on the talk page on meta. Maybe some people would like to discuss this initiative in a meeting. Please let me know whether you would like to join a Zoom meeting in February.

Regards,

Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 11:52, 25 January 2021 (UTC)Reply

Thank you for all your work on documentation

[edit]

Hi! I am reading https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Waldyrious/Docs and this doc you assembled that contains tons of research and resources about documentation. I know this is years old by now, but I just wanted to say thank you for all the time and effort it must've taken to review all this stuff and pull it together. TBurmeister (WMF) (talk) 16:15, 23 September 2022 (UTC)Reply

Hello, Tricia! Thanks so much for the kind words — it really means a lot :) Unfortunately, I ended up not being able to realize the vision for the MediaWiki docs that I envisioned back then in mw:User:Waldyrious/Docs (or even complete the vision!), as I ran out of time and energy for such large projects. However, I have continued to update the google doc, especially now that I actually am working professionally as a technical writer, so it should be a little more maintained and up-to-date. That said, I've written both documents in more of a notes-to-self fashion than as a polished resource ready for others to consume, so sorry if any content there lacked context or was harder to go through than it could have been. (Btw, feel free to edit the wiki page or leave comments/edit suggestions in the google doc — they're publicly accessible for a reason!)
If there's anything I could do to help with documentation work the WMF is doing or planning (mostly feedback and brainstorming, I'm afraid, due to work/family constraints), I'd be more than happy to participate! Do keep in touch. Best, Waldyrious (talk) 17:43, 23 September 2022 (UTC)Reply

Resultados da Lista de desejos tecnológicos da Lusofonia

[edit]
Comenda pela participação na Lista de desejos tecnológicos da Lusofonia

Olá, @Waldyrious!

Primeiramente, gostaria de agradecer a sua participação na Lista de desejos tecnológicos da Lusofonia!

Os resultados da votação das propostas tecnológicas, que aconteceu entre 3 e 23 de julho, estão consolidados e acabaram de ser publicados na página do projeto.

Esta pesquisa buscou entender quais são as inovações tecnológicas e quais são as ferramentas e plataformas que deveriam ser modificadas para melhorar a experiência de quem lê, edita e pesquisa os projetos Wikimedia em português e agora o próximo passo será resolver as questões e inovações apontadas nas propostas.

Obrigado novamente pela sua participação!

Abraços, EPorto (WMB) (talk) 19:41, 31 July 2023 (UTC)Reply

Wiki Loves Africa 2024 - Precisamos da vossa ajuda!

[edit]

Junte-se à Wiki Loves Africa como embaixador linguístico voluntário

Para se candidatar, clique no link >> APPLY

Além disso, considere a possibilidade de ajudar a traduzir a página. Obrigado Wilson (talk) 19:32, 27 November 2023 (UTC)Reply

Wikimania 2010 → 2024

[edit]

https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=2024:Template:Attendees/100&diff=prev&oldid=373340- this means you must have been to Gdańsk!!!! :) I thought I am one of the few remaining dinosaurs.  « Saper // talk »  01:16, 9 June 2024 (UTC)Reply

Hahah yes :) I still have fond memories of that one. But I'm nowhere close to the actual dinosaurs! In the Telegram chat group for Wikimania scholars, people have been making their introductions and there's for example Nicholas Vigneron who has been editing since 2004, and Geraki who's been editing since 2003! So it seems we'll have plenty of old-timers in Katowice! 😁 Waldyrious (talk) 08:20, 9 June 2024 (UTC)Reply