Thank you, sir. I am honored to know you. --Meno25 04:15, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
[20:37] sDrewth sorry, wasn't paying attention
[20:38] sDrewth I did and I nominated a long time ago
D'uh, you aren't here. Nothing was heard, and I moved on. billinghurst sDrewth 10:40, 17 July 2010 (UTC)
In regards to the last message from OTRS:
You will need to forward any permission to permissions-commons at wikimedia.org. Please do not send them any image that you do not have permission for, such as one you downloaded off IMDb. They will be doing their due diligence and will reject any such submissions. --Rschen7754 23:25, 14 February 2013 (UTC)
The photo in question was one requested by Ms. Pescow herself. Getting something corrected here is like dealing with congress! Instead of kindly helping to resolve an issue, a person keeps getting lead from site, to site, to site..ad naseaum! All I want to do is take off the present photo which Ms. Pscow ABHORS and replace it with one of her own choosing! Thank you.. YankeeBrian 23:33, 14 February 2013 (UTC) Nyyankbrian
I'm not sure why this request was removed?
- Because the request has been processed :) Keegan 18:08, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- Great! Thanks. nsaa 21:53, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
I was referred to talk to someone as I am acting on behalf of Donna Pescow. I am attempting to change her profile photo to one of her own liking, and instead of help, I am getting rude feedback! I did as TCN7JM suggested and upload a photo of her own choosing to WIKIPEDIA COMMONS (or whatever it's called) and then got the pertinent codes and placed them at the bottom of the edit page as TCN7JM had suggested. They then proceeded to tell me I'm violating all of these rules and provisions! Please help! YankeeBrian 23:14, 14 February 2013 (UTC) Nyyankbrian
Congrats on the contract with WMF
- Seconded. Nice to hear they're hiring people from the community for fundraising this year. Now I just have to find someone else for OS... 01:18, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
Your translation request
I undid your edit in that page because you deleted all actual requests and bring back 5 old requests already closed. If you disagree with me, please let me know. Best regards Béria Lima msg 14:24, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
- That just gets a big "oops". I was following a link from volunteering and didn't check the page history. Thanks for catching it! Keegan 22:14, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
I added my OTRS volunteer application but hotmail is not reconizing volunteers-otrswikimedia.org as a valid email address so don't know if you guys have the required email on file. I thought I sent one what can I do are there any alternate email addresses? TucsonDavid 22:12, 27 December 2010 (UTC)
- Hi there. Email received. Keegan 04:55, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
Thanks like I said in my application i'm not an admin nor do I have a ton of edits but what I lack in those areas I will make up in my commitment to help make wiki a better place and to help others. BTW Thanks for your fast response.TucsonDavid 15:46, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I just noticed that you cleared all the entries but one. I just filled mine yesterday, and did not get any response. Can I know the reason behind the removal of my entry? Thanks. Lynch7 05:31, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- Hi there. I'm clearing the meta list for those being processed, yourself included. I'm sending you an email. Keegan 05:37, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- Why is Juandev's application not closed on the OTRS page? He has been an admin since 2006 on Wikiversity, is a File Mover on Commons, knows many languages, is very knowledgeable on permissions, copyright, and what WMF projects are about, works on multiple projects, etc. His application has been there since August, while many with less experience, less trust, no language skills, and demonstrably misinformed about things like copyright have been passed through and given access. It really upsets me to see what appears to be a club in which people are being supported by a group of friends and what looks to be voted in above obvious objections while highly qualified people are ignored. Juandev is a really good person and he deserves to be treated better than what he has there. Ottava Rima (talk) 19:31, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- I'm well aware of the age of his application :) I didn't process Juandev at the time I did the others as I am waiting for some feedback from cs.wiki editors whom I contacted, since that's the custom concern of his request. He hasn't been denied or ignored. OTRS volunteering applications generally take a while to process, especially if their primary focus is a queue that we don't have an OTRS admin for. Thanks for the note and concern. As for the "voting", OTRS is not a vote nor a clubhouse. You can banter away (as you have) opposing people or supporting, doesn't change how the process works from our end. Keegan 22:39, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll open
You are receiving this message because you edited the initial naming straw poll for the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll is now open and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
MediaWiki message delivery
- See User_talk:Keegan_(WMF)#Global_message_on_change_in_renaming_process. Fixing of those messages is ongoing. --Stryn (talk) 16:50, 9 September 2014 (UTC)
I formerly had the username Michipedian, and I would like to change my username back to that, if I may. Thank you.
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the proper process, but can you help me change my username from rgimson "cmustats"
- @Rgimson: just fill out Special:GlobalRenameRequest, should take you about ten seconds :) Keegan (talk) 15:08, 15 September 2015 (UTC)
As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.
An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.
The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.
Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign
If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnumwikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation
No renaming between November 20 and November 27
You’re getting this because you’re a steward or global renamer. The Community Tech team are working on cross-wiki watchlists. We need to add a couple of fields to the localuser table in centralauth database. In order to be able to do this, we’d need to run a script that will get in the way of renaming users. Our apologies – we realize this is getting in the way of your work.
(UTC means that if you live in the Americas, it will be on the evening or afternoon of November 19 when the script starts running, and if you live in Oceania or eastern Asia, it can be closer midday on November 27 before we can be sure the script is no longer running.)
OTRS spam ticket
Is there any way I can unsusbcribe (or be unsubscribed) from Ticket 2018071910009508 - It's repeatedly resent spam (375 times since late July) and I get an email about every single one. Cheers, Thryduulf (talk: meta · en.wp · wikidata) 14:28, 22 November 2018 (UTC)