WALRUS is a monthly online meeting for Wikimedia community organizers in the United States to discuss and collaborate on events and outreach of national interest.
Join the pan-USA Wikimedia local activists' chat on Monday August 5 2019 at 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern.
Zoom videoconference information
Getting set up with Zoom
- We will use a meeting tool called Zoom instead of Google Hangouts. Please sign up for an account on www.zoom.us and then take a look at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-PC-and-Mac
- Note that Zoom provides a telephone interface and that the Zoom software applications are proprietary. Use the telephone interface if you want more privacy and freedom.
How to join the meeting
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Chromebook or Android:
One tap mobile
- +16468769923,,825521697# US (New York)
- +16699006833,,825521697# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
- +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
- Meeting ID: 825 521 697
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agcOMmoE4
Chair & secretary for this month
- Discuss 2019 events:
- User Group meetup (Saturday lunch?)
- WikiConference North America planning meeting at Wikimania (Friday night? Saturday night? both?)
- Discuss 2020 events:
- January 2020 - Wikipedia Day - rapid grants
- Wikidata update(s)
- Annual reporting reminder
- Cascadia Wikimedians input from Peaceray, who may be unable to join the call
- Seattle Wiknic, Saturday, August 24, 2019, at 12pm to 3pm
- Seattle-area Edit-a-Thon (Nov 2, 2019, tentative) with the Labor Archives of Washington and UW Libraries Research Commons; emphasis on The Seattle General Strike, Centralia Tragedy of 1919 and related entries as 2019 is the centennial of these events.
- planning committee meeting on August 15 at 10am at UW Seattle
- Add your agenda items!