Hoogtepunten Wikimedia Foundation
Bewerken op mobiel
Het 'mobile web team' heeft afgelopen maand nieuwe navigatiefuncties vrijgegeven aan alle bijdragers op alle Wikimedia mobiele sites, inclusief de bestaande upload en watchlist ster functies en de bewerkknop. Dit betekend dat bewerken (in de vorm van een sectie-niveau markup bewerking) nu ook mogelijk is op alle mobiele Wikimedia sites voor ingelogde gebruikers. De gebruikers van ons "beta" kanaal zullen binnenkort een opnieuw designde mobiele notificaties zien, evenals gidsen voor bijdragers en uploaders die nieuw zijn. (More about the beta channel and how you can opt in.)
Wikimedia Zero komt naar India
The first Wikipedia Zero launch in India gives 60 million mobile phone subscribers free-of-charge access to Wikipedia on their mobile phones. The promotional campaign around this launch, led by our partner Aircel, received broad coverage in print and was accompanied by Twitter and blogging events. Aircel customers now have free access to Wikipedia in English, as well as to the 19 Indic language Wikipedias.
Betalancering van Visuele Tekstverwerker
In July we enabled the new editing interface on several Wikipedias as the default editor, first for logged-in editors and then for anonymous users as well. This resulted in a great deal of feedback, and the team responded with several hundred improvements to fix urgent issues. In addition, the team deployed user interface improvements, most notably to the references insertion dialog. Currently, users are making approximately 800 edits per hour using the VisualEditor on Wikimedia sites.
There are continuing discussions with different language communities about the positioning of the VisualEditor beta in the user interface and appropriate notices indicating its beta status. The Wikimedia Foundation is using the beta period to collect and analyze bug reports, feature enhancements, and data, to observe actual user behavior, and to improve the editing experience continuously. Our eventual objective is for VisualEditor to be the default editor for all Wikipedia users, capable of letting them edit the majority of content without needing to use the wikitext editor.
Please help translate the user interface of VisualEditor.
Gegevens en trends
Wereldwijde unieke bezoekers in juni:
- 500 miljoen (-4,25% vergeleken met mei, +6,37% vergeleken met vorig jaar)
- (comScore data voor alle Wikimedia Foundation-projecten; comScore maakt later in augustus de gegevens juli bekend)
Opgevraagde pagina's voor juli
- 21,2 miljard (+0,4% vergeleken met juni; +19,8% vergeleken met vorig jaar)
- (Server Logboekgegevens, alle projecten van de Wikimedia Foundation, inclusief mobiele toegang, maar exclusief Wikidata en de portaalpagina voor Wikipedia)
Active Registered Editors for June 2013 (>= 5 mainspace edits/month, excluding bots):
- data currently under review
- (Database data, all Wikimedia Foundation projects.)
Rapportkaart (waaronder diverse statistische gegevens en tendensen over WMF-projecten):
(Financial information is only available through June 2013 at the time of this report.)
All financial information presented is for the Month-To-Date and Year-To-Date June 30, 2013.
|Technologie (Engineering Group)||$15,224,438|
|Fondsenwerving (Fundraiser Group)||$3,463,128|
|Beurzen en projecten (Grantmaking & Programs Group)||$8,830,248|
|Bestuur (Governance Group)||$742,435|
|Legal/Community Advocacy/Communications Group||$3,090,563|
|Financiën, personeelszaken, administratie||$5,865,595|
- Revenue for the month of June is $0.48MM versus plan of $0.28MM, approximately $205K or 74% over plan.
- Year-to-date revenue is $51.04MM versus plan of $46.07MM, approximately $4.97MM or 11% over plan.
- Expenses for the month of June is $3.39MM versus plan of $3.99MM, approximately $598K or 15% under plan, primarily due to lower personnel expenses, internet hosting, and grant expenses (FDC grants) partially offset by higher capital expenses, outside contract services, legal fees, and travel expenses.
- Year-to-date expenses is $37.22MM versus plan of $42.07MM, approximately $4.85MM or 12% under plan, primarily due to lower personnel expenses, internet hosting, grant expenses (FDC grants), and travel expenses partially offset by higher capital expenses, legal expenses, bank fees, outside contract services, and personal property tax expenses.
- Cash position is $39.75MM as of June 30, 2013.
Other movement highlights
Winners of "Wiki Loves Public Art" announced
At the end of July, the winners of Wiki Loves Public Art were announced. Similar to Wiki Loves Monuments, "Wiki Loves Public Art" is an international contest to take photos of artworks that are accessible to the public. It took place for the first time this year, in Austria, Finland, Israel, Spain (Barcelona) and Sweden. 225 participants uploaded more than 9,250 images.
New Board of Trustees member: Ana Toni
Ana Toni was appointed to the Wikimedia Foundation's Board of Trustees in July for a two-year term. Toni is the CEO of a consultancy firm based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, which works on social and environmental issues. She serves as the chair of Greenpeace International, and previously worked in leading positions for the Ford Foundation and ActionAid.
Buenos Aires edit-a-thon in former military prison
On July 20, a "Memorial Edit-a-thon" was held in Buenos Aires, at ESMA, a former "black site" (illegal military prison) during the Argentine military dictatorship from 1976 to 1983, and today a human-rights museum. Besides experienced and new Wikipedia editors, it was also attended by survivors of the black site. The Argentine Wikimedia chapter interviewed one of the attendees, a photographer who dedicated most of her career to political activism and owns an archive of 45,000 photographs that she intends to upload to Wikimedia Commons after digitization.