Wikimedia Community User Group Sri Lanka
|Languages:||English · தமிழ்|
Wikimedia Community User Group Sri Lanka (officially abbreviated as UG-LK) is a non-profit community with an aim of unifying, empowering, and growing the Wikimedian community in Sri Lanka. The initial objectives of this community includes increasing awareness of Wikimedia and its projects, introducing more people to the editing environment, and scaling-up the coverage on Sri Lankan history, geography, and other key topics. Future plans include holding edit-a-thons and collaborating with the local government to digitize and upload historic documents, photographs, and other information.
- 1 Wikipedia Projects
- 2 Present working committee
- 3 Projects
- 4 Usergroup assets
- 5 Future plans
- 6 Reports and Resolutions
- 7 See also
|Language||Wikimedia Project||Articles||Files||Pages||Users||Active users||Admins||Edits|
Present working committee
List of members
- Although not mandatory, you are also strongly encouraged to subscribe to the Wikimedia-LK mailing list to stay up-to-date with community discussions.
Please add your name at the bottom of the table. Other than to maintain a friendly and collaborative environment, there are no special requirements or commitments to join. Any active Wikimedian, including editors currently living outside Sri Lanka are welcomed to be a part of Wikimedia Sri Lanka. Editors who are globally inactive for over 6 months, may be removed from this list.
Photowalks covering tallest structures in Colombo
Obtaining of new/updated photos of the tallest structures in Colombo, for uploading on Commons. The photowalk was conducted over a span of two days (March 9th and March 21st) by User:Rehman and User:Azeez, with the intention of being a sample photowalk for the UGLK community, and hopefully to encourage for more members to organize and/or participate in offline events.
Day 2 of 2
- 12 March 2017
- See the full collection here
Day 1 of 2
- 9 March 2017
- See the full collection here
WMF-funded photographic equipment is available for use by members of usergroup who are established at one or more Wikimedia projects. The equipment (consisting of a Nikon P900 and various accessories) can be used by members of the usergroup to add or improve topics across the Wikimedia projects. Please click here for more information.
- Notify existing local editors, and hold first meetup and edit-a-thon to get the group together
- Introduce professionals from the Department of Archives, National Museums, and more...
- Introduce the Wikipedias to undergrads/university students at places like National Youth Service Centre
Reports and Resolutions
- 2016-02-18 - Recognition Wikimedia Community User Group Sri Lanka
- 2017-01-14 - Grants:Project/Rapid/UG LK/Photo equipment
- 2017-02-17 - 2016 Annual Report
- Wikimedia-LK Mailing List
- Sinhala - English Wikibooks; Project needing help, teaches how to speak Sinhalese
- History of Sri Lanka - English Wikiversity
Workshops/ Training Programmes Conducted in Sri Lanka
- Tamil Wikipedia- Noolaham Training Programme, at Hatton 29, August, 2017. Link: Ta:WP:2017 Upcountry Wiki Noolaham Workshop