User talk:Sky Harbor
Translation combination boxes 
The following text was copied from Meta:Babel#Translation_combination_boxes. As an active translator, it may be of any interest to you:
Board candidate template 
Hi! I need a translator for Template:Board_candidate/tl. It has to be a template like, say, Template:Board_candidate/fr: it contains sentences and keyword used as parameters in transclusions. These transclusions are being used on candidate subpages, for example (in French) http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Election_candidates_2006/NicholasTurnbull/Fr&action=edit
I added links toward these subpages on [] so translators (meaning, you :) can just click&translate with the template. jd ৸ 13:51, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
Election notice translation 
Hi, Sky Harbor! Thank you for your translation of Election notice. I expect you informed it to your community, Tagalog language projects.
Your work involves many Tagalog speaking editors to this Election, I hope. Again, thank you! --Aphaia 10:28, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
A belated thanks .. 
.. for helping to translate my Board election statement. The amount of multilingual activity in Wikimedia never ceases to amaze me, and I think we can do much more to support translation efforts throughout the Foundation. For example, on the technical level, I believe in interfacing with computer-aided translation tools such as the open source utility Omega-T (to make it easier to translate only the changes in the new version of a document), and to build multilingual discussion support into MediaWiki. (I've authored the specifications for LiquidThreads, which is being implemented as a Summer of Code project by David McCabe, and the Multilingual MediaWiki specs, which are going to be coded by Charles Pritchard with support from the University of Bamberg and Wikia.) It would also be neat to support open source machine translation efforts like Apertium, and to integrate those with MediaWiki.
I also believe that the next-generation dictionary, WiktionaryZ, will help with internationalization efforts. On the social level, we need to build organizational structures which take multilinguality into account, i.e. support local chapters, and bring translators into the Foundation-level processes. One final idea I have is to build a translation assignment management system, so we can easily manage and prioritize the translation tasks that need to be done, and notify translators when a document is ready for translation. If you have other ideas for improving and supporting multilinguality in our projects, please let me know at User talk:Eloquence. Again, thanks for your translation, and please keep up the great work!--Eloquence 21:29, 13 September 2006 (UTC)
Translation request 
For the front page of the Novial Test Wikipedia it would be nice to have an Tagalog translation of the following 2 sentences:
Welcome to the Wikipedia in the Novial language!
You can read about the international auxiliary language Novial here.
See the original request at Wikimedia Incubator here.
Thank you, Nov ialiste 10:16, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
- I think this might be the translation, but since there is no translation for Novial into Tagalog, I used the original:
- Maligayang pagdating sa Wikipedia sa wikang Novial!
- Pwede kang magbasa tungkol sa Novial, isang internasyonal na wikang auksilyar, dito.
- Good luck on the Novial test wiki! --Sky Harbor 13:35, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- Great, thanks. The original name is best, as it is a sort of acronymn:
- Novial = Nov + IAL = nov international auxiliari lingue = new international auxiliary language. Nov ialiste 16:55, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- You're welcome. By the way, I also dropped in the Spanish translation. --Sky Harbor 11:55, 18 September 2006 (UTC)
Dahil multilingual naman ang Meta-Wiki, mananagalog na lamang ako.
Salamat nga pala sa mga pagpapabuting ginawa mo sa mga sinaling kong pahina. Nakatulong talaga ito. Pero tungkol sa salitang ginamit mong "pantao" pinalitan ko ng "panao" kasi panao talaga ang pang + tao (nawala yung "t" dahil sa pagbabagong morpoponemiko) ayon rin sa talasalitaang Tagalog-English ni Padre English ay panao talaga iyon at hindi pantao. Pero salamat pa rin sa lahat ng mga pagpapabuting iyong nagawa. -- Felipe Aira 12:15, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
- Ah yaong "pang-kompyuter" pinalitan ko ng orihinal na "pangkompyuter" dahil ang salitaang ito ay hindi nanganga-ilangan ng isang gitling. (Mga salitang pinapamagitan ng mga patinig lamang ang nanganga-ilangan nito kagaya ng "mag-aaral" at "pang-usapin") -- Felipe Aira 12:19, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
Tungkol sa donate form na kinopy-edit mo: talaga bang inclusive ang kahulugan ng "we" sa orihinal na donate form? (Ang ibig sabihin nito ay "tayo". Inclusive ang tawag dito kasi kasama ang kinaka-usap; kabaligtaran nito ay exclusive hindi kasama ang kinaka-usap: "kami") Sa tingin ko "kami" ang dapat gamitin imbis na "tayo". -- Felipe Aira 12:21, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
- Oo, talagang ingklusibo ang ginagamit na we dito (hindi siya eksklusibo). Tungkol sa panao, ito (ayon sa diksyonaryong Padre English) ay ginagamit sa paglarawan ng isang uri ng pang-uri lamang (kaya ang personal pronoun ay pang-uring panao) at hindi human, kung saan ginagamit ang pantao (hal. Komisyon sa Karapatang Pantao). Nagbago rin ako ng ilang mga salita (hal. ang donation ay abuloy, ngunit ang gawa ay magkaloob). --Sky Harbor 23:52, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
Tagalog Wikipedia 
Humuhingi ako ng payo kung paano makaka-usap si AnakngAraw patiungkol doon sa nangyari kanina.--23prootie 03:44, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
- Makakausap mo pa rin siya. Gamitin mo ang Special:EmailUser. --Sky Harbor (talk) 03:53, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, yun yung una kong trinay kaso hindi niya pinahinhintulutang gamitin ang email niya. Naasar yata sa kin... --23prootie 21:03, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
Gusto ko lang sanang magkumento doon sa usapan sa Kapihan. Dalawa ang puwedeng pagbasihan ng Baybayin bilang mga regulator. Una ang Makabagong Filipino Diksyonaryo at ikalawa ang Doctrina Cristiana mismo. Dahil sa Filipinization na naganap noong ikalawang kalahati ng ika-20 siglo, napakadali nang ilipat sa Baybayin ang mga salitang Latin sa Tagalog.--23prootie 02:22, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
Hi Sky Harbor thanks for participating in the RFC. Following the comments I have reworded the pro and against statements and added an entry of “Other proposals to get transparency and give voice to the communities” I am sorry if the initial wording seemed biased. --Gomà 16:21, 30 November 2010 (UTC)
- It's okay. Glad I could comment on the proposal. :) --Sky Harbor (talk) 16:40, 30 November 2010 (UTC)
Editor Appeals Need Translations 
Hi Joshua! Thanks for all your help translating during this year's fundraiser. The fundraiser has greatly benefited from all your contributions. Currently, the appeals from Wikipedia editors Kartika, Liliaroja, Abbas and Joan Gomà need to be translated and localized. Also some core messages need to be updated for certain languages. You can find all translation requests at the translation hub on meta and you can follow the progress of the fundraiser in real time by tracking the fundraiser statistics. Also for those of you who haven't already, you can subscribe to the translators-l mailing list for all new requests and major changes. Many thanks for your help in truly making this a global fundraiser that you can edit. schapman
Translator, We need you! 
Dear Sky Harbor,
You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.
Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.
If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.
- Hi Seddon. May I suggest to be a little bit less provocative on the headline text? ;)
- Anyway, I'll be glad to fill out the survey. I'm currently juggling academics with chapter-related stuff, but I'll see what I can do. :) --Sky Harbor (talk) 13:49, 7 October 2011 (UTC)
- Damn it... (*needs to check page history more often*) :| --Sky Harbor (talk) 16:34, 20 October 2011 (UTC)
C vs. AC 
- The same as in the map of chapters. A chapter is an organization that has recognition from the Wikimedia Foundation and has been incorporated. An approved chapter has recognition from the Foundation, but has not yet been incorporated or is in the process of incorporation. --Sky Harbor (talk) 05:38, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
Change in translations 
Hi, and thank you for your activity with fundraiser translations so far!! I have one small request to make: We had to change three of the appeals; the change is the same in all of them, and the replacement text is quite short, so I don't want to e-mail people just to fix that, and that's why I'm asking you instead. It would be great if you could do the following fixes in Tagalog:
Since these are small changes you don't have to go through the cycle of having it proofread and everything, unless you are unsure about the translation. Thanks in advance. :-) Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 05:38, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
A barnstar for you! 
Hi! I just want to thank you and give you this barnstar for your help with the translation of the 2011 fundraiser! The fundraiser was the best we ever had, both in terms of the amount we collected and in terms of number of translations. We couldn't have done either one without the help we got from you and other translators. If you are interested, we made a report, which has some statistics about the translations.
And: I have one more request, and that is that you take this survey. You may have got an e-mail about it, and if you did, please ignore this. But if you didn't it would be great if you would take this survey too, so we can learn to improve the translation experience.
Again, thanks for your help with translations – you're awesome! Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 14:31, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
Hi Sky Harbor,
I see that you have been working on a Wikimania bid, but have not moved it to the "official" section of the page Wikimania 2013 bids. Do you plan to move forward with this bid? If so, please simply move it to the appropriate section; the deadline is today. -Pete F 01:08, 29 January 2012 (UTC) (member of the Wikimania 2013 jury)
- Hi Pete. If you've read the discussion page, I might push for a 2014 bid. The chapter is not supportive of a bid. :( --Sky Harbor (talk) 13:20, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
Hi Josh Lim,
Can you help us to add some information in Philippines women perspective page? Especially related women perspective in free knowledge and some short information of women history in Philippines. Thank you. --22Kartika 17:22, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
Please, help me to correct the main page! 
Hello! Sorry for the trouble, but I really don't know what to do. I find a mistake (or even violation of NPOV and NOR) in description of Belarusian Wikipedias on the main page www.wikipedia.org. According to IRS there exists only Official (Belarusian: Афіцыйная) but not Academic (Belarusian: Акадэмічная) orthography. You can make sure about it in en:Belarusian Wikipedia (or in Russian article, where such definition appeared after discussion in 2011). At the same time current "Taraškievica" (Belarusian: Тарашкевіца) on the main page isn't an equial pair to "Official". According to IRS and prevalent self-name it is much better to use the name "Classical" (Belarusian: Клясычная). I would be very appreciated if you help me to correct this disappointing mistake. --Kazimier Lachnovič (talk) 21:56, 21 September 2012 (UTC)
Affiliations Committee is looking for members 
Thank you for signing up for updates about the Affiliations Committee, we are currently accepting applications for members. You can apply until January 12, 2013. Let me know if you have any questions. –Bence (talk) 12:39, 12 December 2012 (UTC)