|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in August 2013, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
- 1 Abusive reasons for block on Romanian Wikipedia by administrators
- 2 My admin rights in es:wiktionary
- 3 Russavia
- 4 Renaming a user
- 5 Region190 in bxr.wikipedia and also in ru.wikipedia and lez.wikipedia
- 6 Two unfounded blocks Губин Михаил by Soul Train in bxr.wikipedia
- 7 Igor Janev
- 8 HTTPS for logged in users on Wednesday August 21st
- 9 Admin status on cy.wikt.
- 10 en.wikiversity GS opt-in
Abusive reasons for block on Romanian Wikipedia by administrators
If you translate the Village pump of the Romanian Wikipedia you realize that the language used is abusive therefore there are making fun in a rude way about the fact that I graduated the school of engineers, they pretend that I have different gender identities, the use two double sens arguments either "I am a child" or "I am too smart to be a child". There is only one fair comment about me that I have done a lot of good work on reverting vandalism.And maybe this is the reason why some people are so upset with me that not only that they dedicated to have a rude attitude about with an abusive vocabulary but also to block me.I think that you have to check through the proper translation of the discussions that are going on the Reclamation page and also theVillige pump. --Reception123/Receptie123 (talk) 16:38, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
My admin rights in es:wiktionary
Related to this post on my discussion page on es:wikipedia, I really have no time to dedicate to es:wiktionary, so, kindly remove my admin rights from that project. Thanks in advance. Ricardo (Rrmsjp) 04:10, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- Done --MF-W 04:20, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- Stewards have a technical role with regard to adding and removal of rights. Our role is to await the outcome of any discussion, and for a bureaucrat to inform us of the outcomes at Steward requests/Permissions. Where there is no bureaucrat at a community, then a community member informs us of a discussion at that same page if they believe that the discussion is successful, and a steward will act as a bureaucrat and make the determination.
For the specific discussion, Commons is a self-managing community with all local roles undertaken. There is no need for any steward to know of the discussion in progress unless they are a member of the community, and if they are they are probably aware of that discussion, and partaking of that discussion would pretty well rule them out from actioning as a steward. — billinghurst sDrewth 01:22, 20 August 2013 (UTC)
Renaming a user
Hello! I'm a bureaucrat on ro.wiki and I would need some advice regarding a particular username change (ro:Wikipedia:Schimbarea numelui de utilizator#Dani XXN → XXN). In this case, the SUL account with the new name already exists, but it has only one account with zero contributions, on it.wiki (see Special:CentralAuth/XXN). Our policy on username changes is similar to the policy on en.wiki: "If the requested username is actively used on another Wikimedia project, the request will be declined to avoid creating new SUL conflicts." In this case, the requested username is not actively used, so I'm not sure what should I do:
- a) perform the username change and instruct the user to request a global account deletion at Steward requests/SUL requests, so he can recreate a global account using his account
- b) perform the username change and instruct the user to request an usurpation at it.wiki and then a global account deletion at Steward requests/SUL requests
- c) instruct the user to request an usurpation at it.wiki then a global account deletion at Steward requests/SUL requests and perform the username change only after these actions are completed
- d) tell the user that this username cannot be used at all
- Option c would be the best one. If itwiki allows for the name to be re-used, we can delete the global account. --MF-W 18:23, 21 August 2013 (UTC)
Region190 in bxr.wikipedia and also in ru.wikipedia and lez.wikipedia
I'm asking to take the actions to user Region190 in Buryat Wikipedia. Here is Requests for adminship page. In 28 June 2013, he requested the permissions of Administrator (in fact, he done almost nothing for the Project, but this is another story). All others Sysop-requests in bxr.wikipedia were occurred over one week, so this is in fact Request's discussion period in bxr.wikipedia. In 16 July, I closed the discussion (version). There was more than enough of time to offer all the opinions. 4 days later, Region190 independently re-opened the discussion. After that there were 3 more votes pro Region190 from obvious puppets (of Region190 or permanently banned user Gubin Mikhail - it doesn't matter) with their 1st edits. User Stas1995 wrote that he even don't want to vote against because he do not want to take the part in this farce. And he was right. I just reverted all the actions to the version of 16 July. Region190 starts to undid my editions and so on. There's edit-warring since 30 July in Requests for adminship page. And that is no good.
On the RfA talk page Region190 wrote: "Я продлил голосование потому, что с 5 по 10 июля меня попросту не было (я уезжал). +Многочисленные просьбы по почте." // "I've prolonged the voting because I simply was not there (I was leaving) from July 5 to July 10. + Numerous requests via E-mail." Excellent! What we see here? There was absolutely no opinions for 12 days. Thousand of ephemeral users send to Region190 e-mails with the requests to permission to vote for him. After I closed the request, I became the nasty suppressor of freedom and democracy in the Project :).
Meanwhile, Region190 starts the edit-warring to insert the link to YouTube-video with Gubin Michail's text of the song in the article about Viktor Tsoy - Gubin Mikhail is the schoolboy who can't be reliable source. Five (5) users (including administrators of Wikipedias) have revered this shameless edit, untill MF-Warburg finally protected the page.
This is just ultimate edits of Region190 who well-known in Russian wiki-community as violator, permanently banned in Russian Wikipedia, but unblocked on the terms of editing without violations, with the help of the mentor. But he previously used to make the violations. For example, this clounade with mass-adminship and putting Gubin Mikhail to bureaucrat with many insults against the users of another wikipedias.
He even vandalised Lezgi Wikipedia few times. In the name of what he did it? But I can say, the reason was in his comment when he completely removed my Warning as Administrator of Lezgi-WP from his Talk page. He wrote in Azerbaijan language (of course, using Google-translate) Narahat bir gəmi qadın. In Russian it is mean "Раскачивать лодку" "rock the boat". He just want to "Rock the boat" in different Wiki-projects just because he want it. I don't know why - may be bacause of his friendship with permanently banned in Buryat and Russian Wikipedias user Gubin Mikhail (by the way, this is the blocking in more than one Wikimedia project and I also request to thinking about the completely blocking Gubin in all of the projects).
As for me, this year I was temporary Administrator of Buryat Wikipedia for 3 monts. All of my plans that I wrote in RfA, were realised - translation of namespaces, introdising of wikificator, gadgets, cleaning the rubbish from the Project and so on. And I desided to not prolong my permissions myself, 'cause the Project got no any native speakers, it is hard to develope Buryat Wikipedia in this conditions. And exacly after my permissions came to an end, Region190 started to vandalise the project. This could have been avoided if stewards prolong my permissions without "community desicion" (wich does not exist), but now we have what we have.--Soul Train (talk) 12:32, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
- My edits in lezgin wikipedia was three mounth ago! About buryat wikipedia: listen to this liar! I did not use puppets to vote! Yes, there was one doll, but not mine - I crossed out his voice and asked for ban after testing. However, it is not blocked. This "user" is the war of edits and still asks to block me! А Олегу совет: найдите себе переводчик получше))--Region190 (talk) 15:07, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
- Панибратствуй со своими школьными друзьями. С тобой я не намерен общаться.--Soul Train (talk) 17:41, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
- I have no proofs and also I wrote "Region190 or Gubin Mikhail" and also I wrote "it doesn't matter" who were they. They are not bxr-community and they voted in the closed request.--Soul Train (talk) 06:34, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- Region190 continues edit-warring @RfA in Buryat Wikipedia, despite this topic. He has Warnings at least in 4 Progects - here (Meta), in Russian, Buryat, and Lezgi Wikipedias. Warnings from Global anв local Administrators, and Stewards.--Soul Train (talk) 10:00, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- In bxr wikipedia i was warning by this
vandaluser. In lezgi wikipedia my edits was three mounth ago!!! In ru.wikipedia i work good. On Meta I was warned for editing other user pages , but this user make this too!!!--Region190 (talk) 10:41, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- And what? I have all rights to do this. And this topic is about your violations, not about me.--Soul Train (talk) 11:41, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- If i write about all your violations, thi pages will very small for this.--Region190 (talk) 12:01, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- Давайте я сейчас начну копаться в архивах и буду сюда кидать все ваши фразочки и писать о нарушениях пятилетней давности? Давайте? Нормально будет?--Region190 (talk) 12:30, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- За свои нарушения я уже отсидел, ты пока что нет. И опять же, это заявка по тебе, твоя тактика перевода стрелок тут не прокатит. Пока что ты получил недельный бан в Бурятской Википедии. Малейший твой прокол, и я продолжу твоё повсеместное изгнание из Википедии. Думаю, теперь ты уже почувствовал силу всего одного процента моей ярости.--Soul Train (talk) 09:25, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- In bxr wikipedia i was warning by this
I have just blocked Region190 on bxrwiki for a week. The edit-warring, first in the article which was mentioned above by Soul Train, then at the requests for adminship page is not acceptable. --MF-W 18:06, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- Why you blocked me and don't blocked Soul Train? He too reverts my edits.--Region190 (talk) 19:15, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- Region190 was permanently blocked in the Russian Wikipedia 2 days ago. Obviously, he should be globally blocked in Wikipedia.--Soul Train (talk) 22:41, 21 August 2013 (UTC)
Two unfounded blocks Губин Михаил by Soul Train in bxr.wikipedia
Hello. User (last sysop) of bxr.wiki Soul Train twice blocked Губин Михаил. Justifying it is violation of rules.
1) First block. He removed disliked his comments and blocked Губин for 1 month with comment: Я неоднократно предупреждал - прекратить комментарии в подобном роде. За это, а также предыдущие массовые нарушения правил ваша учётная запись блокируется на месяц. Нарушений было огромное количество, были предупреждения в том числе от глобальных администраторов. Я напомню, что в случае бессрочной блокировки в более чем одном разделе Фонда ты отправишься в тотальный бан во всех проектах. Так что несколько раз подумай, прежде чем позволять себе какие-либо новые нарушения, как то: оскорбление участников, обход блокировки, фальсификации и прочее.
In english: I have repeatedly warned - to stop the comments in a similar way. For this, as well as previous massive violations of rules your account is locked for a month. Violations was overwhelming, there have been warnings, including from global administrators. I remind you that in the case of an indefinite lock in more than one section, you will go to fund a total ban on all projects. So think about it a few times before you allow yourself to any new violations, such as: an insult to the participants, bypassing the blockage, rigging and more.
But I can not understand what he was guided by the rules when blocked, if the rules as such in the project no!
2) Second block. Second block he make 26 june because Губин Михаил added link on his translation of song Victor Coy on Youtube in article Виктор Цой.
This block has indefinitely with on edits his talk page, and sending emails. At this time Soul Train called him a "rascal", and promised a global block. However, once again, that buryat wikipedia there is no rule prohibiting dobavalyat links to their works. I have repeatedly asked the members to allow Michael license with, but he said to me, "только когда рак на горе свистнет" ("only when the cancer is in the mountain whistles"). And then I undestand, that he did not want to hear about your mistakes. He waits for cancer on the mountain.
There is evident abuse of the flag of the sysop and the unwillingness to correct their mistakes. And here he want, what Gubin Mikhail was globaly blocked! Yes, he is indefinately blocked locked in the Russian Wikipedia, but there it was discussed. In bxr wikipedia while situation is different: here the admin that blocks it is not popular with the participants. His block is not fair.
- Stewards aren't going to take a side in this local dispute; if you want the block to be removed, you should discuss it with the community there. Ajraddatz (Talk) 16:57, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
HTTPS for logged in users on Wednesday August 21st
|“||As we outlined in our blog post on the future of HTTPS at the Wikimedia Foundation, the plan is to enable HTTPS by default for logged in users on August 21st, this Wednesday. We are still on target for that rollout date.
As this can have severe consequences for users where HTTPS is blocked by governments/network operators in addition to users who connect to Wikimedia sites via high latency connections, we've set up a page on MetaWiki describing what is going on and what it means for users and what they can do to report problems.
Please help watch out for any unintended consequences on August 21st and report any negative issues to us as soon as you can. Bugzilla:, IRC (#wikimedia-operations), or the (forthcoming) OTRS email are all fine.
—Greg Grossmeier, wikitech-ambassadors-l
Admin status on cy.wikt.
I just received your inactivity notice. Since I haven't logged in to that wiki for almost 8 years I had completely forgotten about it, and have no objection to losing my admin status. Regards, -- Arwel (talk) 06:25, 2 September 2013 (UTC)
en.wikiversity GS opt-in
- I would prefer if a local user/admin/'crat/whatever is appropriate based on local customs would close the discussion first, and then we can implement said closure. Snowolf How can I help? 18:17, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
- User:Mathonius - what would be the appropriate way to have this closed? --Rschen7754 18:51, 5 September 2013 (UTC)