Hey are there going to be any dates for London events? I can't see them on the list...
some thoughts, after wikiconf nyc
A small band of people who all looked a lot like pharos just ran wikiconference nyc last weekend. Some thoughts:
- add an Events kit
- add a layer of detail to this page that includes city-level notable events
- add an event-geonotice template that any event could add to itself [perhaps with one related category on each project... or find a way to create cross-project categories!]
- add standard event-type templates so that people could follow technical events, or presentations, or or or.
- link this page with more active Presentations/speakers/volunteers pages for people available to present or hold forth at a booth; and a Press Corps page for photographers and reporters interested in / available to travel to an interesting event to report for wikinews or meta [if wikinews refuses 'too many wikimedia related stories'] or capture interviews or video. GChriss comes to mind as someone who loves doing this and is great at it, and isn't currently part of any of the mentioned projects.
Conference in Amsterdam
I would like to spread the word about the project Critical Point of View (CPoV): Wikipedia Research Inititative. There will be a Conference March 26-27, 2010 in Amsterdam. Where can I post it? Anyone interested? Check the website.
Chapters conference, fundraising summit?
Should the chapters conferences and fundraising summits be added to this list? The events are internal/in-crowd, but they are pretty relevant to the movement. Siebrand 23:18, 23 May 2011 (UTC)
I'm going to start a few sub-threads to help organize different possible ways to improve this topic on Meta-Wiki. Add your own thoughts!
Scope of page
Probably some thought should be given to the scope of this page, which is as I see it, is basically for events intermediate in scale between Meetup and Wikimania, including many of the "continental" events that have become more important in recent years.--Pharos (talk) 18:20, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
Currently no online events listed
Many Wikimedia events happen online. This page seems to only cover in-person events.
Is there an online events page anywhere else? Major online events could include Wikimedia Board elections, interwiki requests for comment, and international editing events like Wikipedia Day.
I am not sure that online and offline events ought to all be listed here but I do think that each of them should be listed somewhere and point to the other. Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:25, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
- That's presumably what Wikimedia News and Goings on are for. --Nemo 18:01, 3 June 2015 (UTC)
Proposal to consolidate tech calendars in Phabricator
List of Wikimedia Conferences and Events
I think it would be more appropriate to call this page "List of Wikimedia Conferences and Events". In case there's no opposition, I'll move the page. Bobbyshabangu (talk) 23:30, 11 November 2023 (UTC)
- @Bobbyshabangu: I don’t have opinion on the subject matter, but do you seriously think 2 minutes and 4 seconds is enough time for any objections to be raised? Most people are not 24/7 in front of their computers looking out for discussions on Meta – for example, they may sleep sometimes… —Tacsipacsi (talk) 11:37, 12 November 2023 (UTC)