- PiRSquared17, my username was just changed, as you know. When I am logged into to WikiMedia as Nwjerseyliz and then go to en.wiki, I'm logged in there as Nwjerseyliz which was an account I used in 2007. I needed to log out and then log back in as Liz as I didn't know I was logged into the wrong account.
- Now that my username has changed on WikiMedia, I won't have this problem any longer. Liz (talk) 18:43, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for the reply. I hope my message did not seem rude. If you have any other problems with SUL, feel free to ask on SRSUL. :-) PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:10, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decitions
The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.
If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on change.org.
Greetings! You are receiving this message because, at some point in the past, you have participated in a discussion around the topic of harassment. The Support and Safety team is holding a series of consultations gathering feedback on the best potential solutions to the problem. The next stage is a workshop where we hope to narrow the focus to individual actionable ideas and explore how to bring some of these ideas to life.
- Please join us at the Harassment workshop!
JSTOR account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)
Hi - according to our records you received a free account for JSTOR through The Wikipedia Library. Because we’ve used up all of our allocated accounts, and it’s been some time since they were distributed, we want to redistribute any accounts that aren’t being used to users on our waitlist.
If you’re still using, or plan to use, your JSTOR access, no problem! Simply head over to the Library Card platform, log in, and request a renewal of your account. You should be able to do this from your user page, or the JSTOR signup page. If you can’t find the renewal button, or have any other issues or questions about this, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page. We’ll begin redistributing inactive accounts in September; if you request renewal after then we will only be able to reactivate your account if we have spots remaining. Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:32, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
Deletion of Christopher Ailman
I just discovered that you deleted w:Christopher Ailman with this comment:
Expired PROD, concern was: A search for references failed to find significant coverage in reliable sources to comply with notability requirements.
I realize you do not have to respond, but just wanted to let you know I googled his name and found these on the very first try:
- Oh, Ottawahitech!
- I really miss seeing you on en.wiki. I took a break when I was diagnosed with cancer and when I finally returned, you were gone! Have you thought of posting an unblock request or are you just over editing Wikipedia? I know right before my two breaks, I had had my fill of the conflict. Then, I eventually missed it and came back.
- As for Christopher J. Ailman, I don't know about restoring that article for the Investment Officer of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System. One of your references is a press release, another a simple listing of his profile on a business website (not an article or interview). I just don't think that he ranks high in notability by Wikipedia standards (even though he has a very important job). But I did find out that he was a Promise Keeper! I didn't think that group was still around.
- I don't come to WikiMedia very often but I am very happy to see your message and see that you are still involved with this crazy project. ;-) Liz (talk) 23:40, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
What a breath of fresh air to find a friendly person here. It must take guts to communicate with someone considered Public Enemy #1. It is doubly touching when someone who is going through very difficult times themselves takes the time to do it.
I don’t know how much you know about me, but in real life I am a law abiding citizen. I have never been in trouble with the law, not even a traffic ticket. However, I was brought up to be vocal when I observe others treated in a way that is not right. My experience at Wikipedia has taught me how privileged I am to live where such actions are acceptable. Not everyone is as fortunate as I am. Many people live in countries where their lives are in danger if they do not toe the line.
Have I thought of posting an unblock request at en-wiki? - even if I wanted to I cannot. My talk page access is removed.
Do I want to be unblocked: Only at such a time when Due Process is implemented at en-wiki, so that other blocked users who may not have powerful friends also have access to the same kind of justice.
Do I want my name cleared - yes that would be nice. Being a blocked (some claim I was banned), creates unforeseen problems for online travel beyond en-wiki.
Speedy deletion nomination of Category:Employment agencies of the United Arab Emirates
Thanks for posting a notice about this upcoming deletion. I will have to do some wiki-research to try and figure out why this category has been emptied. I hope it does not take me too long. Ottawahitech (talk) 19:27, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Liz, I found an article that should be in w:Category:Employment agencies of the United Arab Emirates namely w:Jobs in Dubai. Of course I cannot add it myself, and I am also not permitted to ask anyone to add it (editing by proxy, or so I am told). However, I believe deleting this category is counter productive, since someone would have to re-create it in the future. Cheers, Ottawahitech (talk) 19:54, 17 July 2019 (UTC)