Date and time
We'll meet for a pan-USA Wikimedia local activists chat on Monday July 24 at 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern.
Zoom videoconference information
Getting set up with Zoom
- We will use a meeting tool called Zoom instead of Google Hangouts. Please sign up for an account on www.zoom.us and then take a look at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-PC-and-Mac
- Note that Zoom provides a telephone interface and that the Zoom software applications are proprietary; use the telephone interface if you care about your freedom.
How to join the meeting
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Chromebook or Android: https://zoom.us/j/843420985
Chair & secretary for this month
- Meeting host for Zoom: Kirill Lokshin
- Meeting chair: Pharos
- Meeting secretary for minutes: multiple, including Lane Rasberry
(please rearrange and add anything you want to discuss)
- 0:00-0:15 - "One minute updates" from each chapter and user group.
- 0:15-0:17 - Reminder about Wiknic for those who have not yet scheduled one for their area --Pine✉ 05:34, 17 July 2017 (UTC)
- 0:17-0:20 - Wiki holiday review - Open Access Week in October, Asian Month in November, World AIDS Day in December. Anyone is encouraged to suggest holidays which we should commemorate. Blue Rasberry (talk) 13:36, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
- 0:20-0:25 - Wiki Loves Monuments 2017 in the United States, quick update. ~SuperHamster Talk Contribs 22:16, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
- 0:25-0:55 - Wikimania 2017 / WikiConference North America in Montreal -- (who is leading this discussion?)
- Who in the United States is presenting?
- How can we support anyone's activities there?
- For those not going, what requests do you have of others?
Possible agenda items suggested - add your own
- Encouraging new Wikimedia user groups in Minnesota, Chicagoland, Allegheny, etc,
- Rapid Grants for small groups up to $2k
- Wikipedia Day Wormhole - January 2018
- Wikipedia + Libraries: Better Together update and invitation to collaborate Shameran81 (talk)