< WALRUSJump to navigation Jump to search
Date and time
Monday, September 19, at 6 PM Pacific / 9 PM Eastern
Zoom videoconference information
Getting set up with Zoom
- We will use a meeting tool called Zoom instead of Google Hangouts. Please sign up for an account on www.zoom.us and then take a look at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-PC-and-Mac
- Note that Zoom provides a telephone interface and that the Zoom software applications are proprietary; use the telephone interface if you care about your freedom.
Link to the meeting
- Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16465588656,757177471# or +14086380968,757177471#
- Or Telephone:
- Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
- Meeting ID: 757 177 471
- International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=bRrqmhI3yCngyDG-TT6RbBzd_wz8Dzq1
Chair & secretary for this month
- Meeting host for Zoom: Kirill Lokshin
- Meeting chair: BrillLyle
- Meeting secretary for minutes: Bluerasberry
- 0:00-0:15 - "One minute updates" from each chapter and user group.
- 0:15-0:30 - Wikiconference North America (in San Diego Oct 7-10, 2016) - Rosiestep, FloNight, Fuzheado
- Submissions have been processed, and nearly everyone has responded. We have a full slate! Schedule published later this week
- We need more volunteers, to help with a number of aspects:
- Friday help would be appreciated, GLAM Culture Crawl Day
- Experienced trainers
- Room minders (you get to see the sessions, just have to help with time keeping, checking in presenters, etc)
- Hacking/Hangout Space
- We have a Slack group, you are encouraged to join. Ask Fuzheado, Richard or Kevin P for an invite.
- Join Slack and volunteers, or contact User:Fuzheado and/or Brenda Wahler
- Keynote from Katherine Maher
- Suggestions on what we would like to address
- Community strategy session Monday afternoon
- 0:30-0:31 - "LearnWiki" video tutorial project - Pine
- 0:31-0:40 - Wiki Loves Monuments - US Page - SuperHamster
- We have over 4,500 uploads! ~8% are being used in articles.
- Ways to help:
- We'd like a panel of judges from all around the United States. Know someone in your network who may be interested in helping judge part of the world's largest photography contest? A historian, photographer, etc.? Let me know!
- We have several guides to finding historic and cultural sites by state; feel free to make one for your state!
- Still have almost 2 weeks left; notify your network about the event, including our other ways to contribute.
- Find images in your state to clean up and categorize, and add to Wikipedia articles.
- 0:40-0:45 - updates to Wikimedia chapter system - see The Signpost "AffCom still grappling with WMF Board's criteria for new chapters" - bluerasberry
- Your agenda item here
- Your agenda item here
Tabled agenda items
(If there is time at the end of the meeting, anyone can pick up one of these items for discussion)
- Health & Medicine programs
- Wiki Loves Earth and other photography competitions
- Art + Feminism
- Legal activism and civil liberties
- Freedom of panorama
- Orphaned works
- Technical developments
- QR codes
- Wikimedia mobile apps and mobile web
- Wikidata and referencing
- Government agencies and NGOs with mission alignment (ex. National Archives, state and local governments, history societies, Red Cross, Consumer Reports, UNESCO, NASA)
- Grants:IdeaLab/Cameras for Commons photographers
- GLAM-US coordination and/or "GLAM-Wiki Consortium", possibly an intern, contract, or part-time position
- Requesting the www.wikimedia.us domain from WMF
- Collaboration with public broadcasters such as PBS, NPR, and BBC America, and public-interest broadcasters such as C-SPAN
Meeting minutes will be placed here.