The election ended 31 Kanama 2021. No more votes will be accepted.
The results were announced on 7 Nzeri 2021. Please consider submitting any feedback regarding the 2021 election on the elections' post analysis page.
|2021 Board Elections|
|Single Transferable Vote|
The 2021 Board of Trustees election has been rescheduled to 18 – 31 August 2021 due to technical issues with SecurePoll. Read more.
Umwaka wa 2021 Amatoray' Inteko y abizerwa ateganyijwe kuwa 4 z' ukwamunani 2021 kugeza kwitariki 17 z'ukwamunani 2021, Abagize kominote y'umuryango wa wikimedia bafite amahirwe yo guhitamo abakandida mugihe kingana n' imyaka itatu.Gutanga candidatire zabo biteganyijwe kuwa 9 z'ukwagatandatu 2021. Ariko aya matariki ashobora guhinduka n' nayagateganyo.
Read the candidate questions and answers.
Please click on a candidate's name to learn more.
Voting was from 18 August 2021 to 31 August 2021. Voting information and instructions are on the Voting information page.
Note: If your vote is rejected, don't try logging in on votewiki. Instead, if the system rejects a valid vote, you should just restart the voting process. Since the voting form will be blank again, it is a good idea to write down your choices in a separate document or take a screenshot before submitting the form.
Learn more about the Board of Trustees in this short video:
- 15 April: Board of Trustees resolution about the upcoming elections
- 29 April: Call for Election Volunteers
- 9 June – 29 June: Call for Candidates
- 30 June – 2 July: Announcement of confirmed candidates
- 7 July – 3 August: Candidates campaign period
- 18 August: Voting period opens
- 31 August: Voting period closes
- 1 September – 7 September: Vote counting and processing
- 7 September: Announcement of vote results
- September: Board of Trustees appoints selected candidates
The Board election facilitators created a graphic of the timeline. This can be used to share information about the election. The graphic is available in more languages.
This is a list of campaign activities planned during the campaign period. Further activities are in the making, the list will be updated continuously. Community members are welcome to add additional activities to the list below. If you add activities, please link to the page where community members can find more information.
- 3 July at : Candidates meet with the facilitation team for a Campaign Briefing.
During this conversation the facilitation team will answer questions candidates may have.
- 04 July at : Candidates meet with Middle East and North Africa (MENA) communities
- 7 July: Candidates begin answering questions submitted from the community : list posted on 2 July.
- 10 July: Candidates meet with Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) communities
- 17 July at : Candidates meet with the Spanish-speaking communities
- 21 July at : Candidates meet with Board of Trustees Community Affairs Committee
- 23 July at : Candidates meet with the African & MENA communities
- 28 July at : Candidates meet with European communities July 28
- 31 July at : Candidates meet with the South, East, Southeast Asian and Pacific communities
- 1 August at : Candidates meet with the community of the Americas August 1
Abitabiriye amatora mbere bagere kw'10% kwisi hose.byagenze neza muma kominote afite abakoranabushake b' amatora.amwe murayo ma kominote yarengeje 20% y' abitabiriye amatora.
Abakorera bushake b'Amatora
Do you want to help improve voter numbers in your community? You don’t need to have experience in elections. Election Volunteers can help promote the Board election in their community. Volunteers from all Wiki Projects are welcome! The aim is to have at least one Election Volunteer for Wiki Projects in the top 30 for eligible voters. Help form a more diverse and better performing Board of Trustees by getting your community involved in the election!
Haribiganiro bitandukanye bivuga kumatora y'inteko y'abizerwa birikuba hirya no hino kwisi. Ikaze mubiganiro!
- Inteko y'amatora Kuri Telegram
- The Board election facilitation team will share announcements and updates here.
- Election Volunteers from South Asia
- Add link here so others may join the conversation
- Elections Committee
- Facilitation team (Movement Strategy & Governance)
- Quim Gil: coordination
- Xeno: English communities and Meta-Wiki
- Jackie Koerner: English communities and Meta-Wiki
- Civvi: Italian communities
- Maciej Nadzikiewicz: Polish communities
- Mahuton Possoupe: French-speaking communities
- Oscar Costero: Spanish communities and the Latin America region
- Denis Barthel: German communities and North-Western European region
- Mehman Ibragimov: Russian communities and Central and Eastern Europe region
- Ravan Al-Taie: Arabic communities and Middle East region
- Mervat Salman: Arabic communities and Middle East region
- Zita Zage: Sub-Saharan African region
- Sam Oyeyele: Yoruban communities and West Africa region
- Krishna C. Velaga: South Asian region
- Youngjin Ko: Korean communities and East Asia region
- Ramzy Muliawan: Indonesian communities and Southeast Asia and the Pacific region
Amatora y' Inteko y'abizerwa yari muri 2020 hagamijwe gutora batotu munteko y'abizerwa.Muri mata 20202 inteko yaratangajwe ko gahunda y amatora ibaye ihagaritswe. yongera gutangazwa muri mata 2021 gahunda yinteko y amatora ya 2021. Inteko igamije kongera no kwagura imikoraninire mumatora
Inteko yongereye imyanya kugeza kumyanya 16 kugirango yongere imirimo nuburambe bukenewe muguteza imbere umuryango wa wikimedia.ububusabe bwitaweho hakurikijwe ibyavuye munshuti zumuryango.
- Kominote 3 shyashya ndetse n'inyanya yatoranyijwe
- Inteko 3 shyashya n' inyanya yateganyijwe
Imuyanya ine izagerwaho muri 2021,itatu izaba ari mishyashya hanyuma uwakane ushingire ku kwaguka kw'inteko.Izindi kominote ebyiri shyashya n' imyanya ijyanye nazoyemejwe,bizatornwa mukwa w' 2022,hamwe n' imyanya ibiri bijya,byosehamwe byuzuze imyanya ine.