Affiliate Chairpersons meeting November 9 - 10, 2019
Affiliate Chairpersons meeting November 9 - 10, 2019
Date/time: November 9 - 10, 2019 from 9:30 to 18:00 hrs
For notes see etherpad [link to be added]
- Philip Kopetzky (talk) 15:18, 15 September 2019 (UTC) WMAT
- WikiTatik (talk) 17:49, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- --Itzike (talk) 07:14, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
- Grijz (talk) 16:23, 16 September 2019 (UTC) (Frans Grijzenhout WMNL)
- Geert Van Pamel (WMBE) (talk) 12:39, 18 September 2019 (UTC)
- Filip Maljković 20:02, 24 September 2019 (UTC)
- --Flixtey (talk) 23:40, 24 September 2019 (UTC)
- --Toniher (talk) 10:16, 26 September 2019 (UTC) Amical Wikimedia
Millars (talk) 16:46, 27 September 2019 (UTC)Florenciac, vicechair of Wikimedia España, will attend the meeting because I am not able to be in Paris. Millars (talk) 13:02, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
- aegis maelstrom δ 19:35, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
- Doug Taylor WMMED --RexxS (talk) 12:22, 13 October 2019 (UTC)
- Josef Klamo (WMCZ) (talk) 09:52, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
- NickK (talk) (WMUA) 07:25, 16 October 2019 (UTC)
- Raystorm (talk) (WMF) 07:34, 8 November 2019 (UTC)
- --Gnom (talk) Let's make Wikipedia green! 15:08, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Megs (talk) 12:24, 16 September 2019 (UTC) (Wikimedia NYC does not have funds for this. I'm very sorry to miss the retreat!)
- Unfortunately WMCO can't afford this--Sahaquiel9102 (talk) 16:42, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
- GoEThe (talk) 10:32, 14 October 2019 (UTC) Can't make it due to lack of funds. Hope to be able to catch the videoconference.
- Wikimedia Denmark (WMDK) Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 15:37, 20 October 2019 (UTC)
Moderator: Koenraad Van Brabant
Day 1 - Saturday 9 November 2019, 9:30 - 18:00
1. Team or workgroup dynamics
- Characteristics of dysfunctional and of effective teams/work groups (knowledge learning)
- Key influencing factors on team dynamics: personalities; communication practices; micro-behaviours; roles and responsibilities; ways of decision-making (knowledge learning)
- Levels of team maturity
2. Communication skills (practice-learning)
- Listening skills
- Asking skills
- Communication styles
- Setting the stage for a conversation
- Non violent communication
Evening dinner together at Au Relais 48 rue Lamarck 75018 Paris
Day 2 - Sunday 10 November 2019, (9:30 - 17:00)
1. Inner leadership (personal reflection learning)
- Personal styles and preferences
- Self management
- Personal development priorities
- Board succession cycle
2. Other subjects to be discussed
3. Chairpersons video conference (15:30 - 16:30)
- From 15:30 - 16:30 we will organize a video conference for both the attendees and chairs that want to participate online.
- Link: https://meet.google.com/jvb-nxkp-rqj
- The idea is to discuss current issues as a follow-up of the Stockholm meeting,
- With special attention for recent developments around the Movement strategy process.
4. Wrap up - closing
Participant Fee is 160€. Fees are to be paid to Wikimedia France using this payment form. Wikimedia France will send you a receipt to your e-mail once the payment is processed.
Meals (lunch on both days; dinner on the 1st day and refreshments during the days) are covered as part of your participant Fee. In case you have special dietary requirements, please contact Rémy Gerbet by email to inform him (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Registration will end on 15 October.
Hotel and Venue
The meeting will take place in: La Halle Pajol
The Pajol Hall is part of the ZAC Pajol which aims to rehabilitate SNCF railway brownfields. Built in 1926, the Halle was part of the courier and customs facilities of the Eastern Railway Company at Paris-Pajol station. The old disused building was restored and inaugurated in 2013. Located in the heart of the Pajol ZAC eco-district, Halle Pajol has the largest photovoltaic solar power station located in a French city center (3,500 m² of photovoltaic panels on the roof). Most of the Hall is built of wood from eco-managed forests. Air conditioning is done using a Canadian well. The area also includes district heating, solar panels for hot water, and watering the garden with rainwater.
WMFR also reserved rooms in the same place (Hostel Yves Robert).
If you would like having a room in the Pajol Hall, please follow the procedure below:
- Please contact Rémy Gerbet by email to inform him of your wish to book a room at Halle Pajol (email@example.com)
- At the time of the payment of the participation costs add 57.25 € per night wished. A payment link will be open from September 15th.
- Deadline for a room at Yves Robert-la Halle Pajol 15 October.
If you want to book your own hotel, we recommend the following places :
The Pajol hall is located in the north of Paris, close to the Gare du Nord and the Gare de l'Est.
From Orly Airport (code AITA : ORY) : Use the Orlyval and the RER B to Gare du Nord
From Charles de Gaulle airport (code AITA : CDG) : RER B direction Paris to Gare du Nord
From the Gare du Nord: on foot.
From the Gare de l'Est: on foot.
From Gare de Lyon: line 14, direction Saint-Lazare then line 12, direction Front Populaire and stop at Max Dormoy station
From Montparnasse train station: line 12, direction Front populaire and stop at Marx Dormoy station
From Austerlitz station: line 5, direction Bobigny, change to Stalingrad, then line 2, to La Chapelle, direction Porte Dauphine.