International Fact-Checking Network
A project to facilitate collaboration between Wikimedians and The International Fact-Checking Community.
In recent years political fact checking organisations have been springing up all over the world, typically functioning with the help of a volunteer community. There's often a lot of spiritual overlap with the local wikimedian community, but usually the two do not know of each other. This project is an attempt to encourage collaboration between the two.
- Alexios Mantzarlis, Director International Fact-Checking Network
- Edward Saperia, Conference Director Wikimania 2014
Cross-Representation at Conferences
GlobalFact, International Fact Checking Conference
- Talk from a Wikimedian (whom?)
- Promote conference to wikimedians (how?)
Wikimania, International Wikimedia Conference
- Talk from a Fact Checker (whom?)
- Promote conference to fact-checkers (how?)
Resources for Joint Activities
What can fact-checkers and wikimedians do together?
- Writeups from previous joint events
- Event templates
- How to run an Edit-a-thon
- It'd be better to have something more Fact Checker specific?
- Any ideas?
Introducing Local Organisations
Need to fill this in with local fact checking groups and start making introductions!