Meta:Requests for bot status/DeltaQuadBot
Ending 12 April 2020 01:09 (UTC)
I am User:DeltaQuad from the English Wikipedia. I run the software w:WP:UTRS and I am developing version 2 of the software. Stewards have shown interest in using my software to deal with global locks. My software requires sending email through the MediaWiki interface because of impersonation problems we have had with the first version of UTRS. These emails, depending on how busy it gets for stewards could be rate limited. Therefore I am requesting the bot flag.
Currently the software is in development, but as I will be sending emails before the software is ready, I wanted to seek permission first to send them on this wiki. Eventually, this bot may maintain an onwiki page of active appeals for locks, but that is way down the road. I did a preliminary request at English Wikipedia already to show some further details about what the bot would (potentially) do.
I apologize if I'm not requesting this correctly or this is not inline with meta policy...I struggled to separate the global bot policy from the meta bot policy. -- Amanda (aka DQ) 01:09, 5 April 2020 (UTC)
- +1 from me. Trusted operator with existing functional tools. — billinghurst sDrewth 03:48, 5 April 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for taking this on Amanda, your work is always appreciated. Can you please create the bot userpage when you find time? ~riley (talk) 05:19, 5 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support Per ~riley.Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 07:54, 5 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support per Riley. --Minorax (talk) 09:00, 5 April 2020 (UsTC)
- Support Regards, ZI Jony (Talk) 09:21, 5 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support. —Sgd. Hasley 13:34, 5 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Base (talk) 17:50, 5 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support in a heartbeat. But, per Riley, please create a bot userpage on meta when you are able. Thanks! --TheSandDoctor Talk 02:43, 8 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support thought I already supported this. Per above. – Ajraddatz (talk) 18:05, 8 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support -FASTILY 07:31, 9 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support-BRP ever 08:38, 10 April 2020 (UTC)