Welcome to Meta!
|Hello, TheSandDoctor. Check your email—you've got mail!|
- @Trijnstel: Your email host returned my message saying I was blocked from emailing you. Strange. --TheSandDoctor Talk 16:51, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
- Strange indeed, especially as your email host is not on my blacklist. I've now added your email address to the whitelist. Trijnsteltalk 17:20, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Cohaf: Thank you and the same to you! I hope you had - and continue to have - happy holidays/a belated "Merry Christmas". --TheSandDoctor Talk 07:13, 28 December 2018 (UTC)
Someone attempted impersonation on en wiki --
This message is to bring attention to impersonation account(s) happening on en wiki:
You may want to patrol account creation log to monitor impersonation. Thanks.
--18.104.22.168 04:09, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- I appreciate you reaching out with this 22.214.171.124. It has already been dealt with and the account locked as a sock of a long term abuser on enwiki. --TheSandDoctor Talk 04:20, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
Pointless lint filter fixes on discussion pages
Can I ask that your lint fixes be more mindful, rather than pointless. Fixing user talk pages, fixing discussions in forums is not a valuable exercise. Please keep those fixes to content spaces where they make a true difference, rather than this cosmetic noise. Thanks. — billinghurst sDrewth 08:27, 6 April 2020 (UTC)
- I partially concur. I am actually not against fixes on talk pages (except that people probably still have those tags in their signature) per se, but currently I have my whole watchlist flooded, I would appreciate if you use bot / flood permissions to do this all. --Base (talk) 08:37, 6 April 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you for the flood rights suggestion, Thehelpfulone. I will be sure to use them in the future when doing this sort of work. --TheSandDoctor Talk 17:44, 7 April 2020 (UTC)
Congratulations, Dear Administrator!
Congratulations, TheSandDoctor! You now have the rights of an administrator on Meta-Wiki. Please take a moment to read the Meta:Administrators page and watchlist related pages (in particular Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat, and Meta:Requests for deletion, but also Talk:Spam blacklist and Talk:Interwiki map), before launching yourself into page deletions, page protections, account blockings, or modifications of protected pages. The majority of the actions of administrators can be reversed by the other admins, except for history merges which must thus be treated with particular care. Please feel free to join us on IRC: #wikimedia-admin. You may find Commons:Guide to adminship to be useful reading although it doesn't always completely apply here at Meta. Please also check or add your entry to Meta:Administrators#List of administrators and the Template:List of administrators. You're also allowed to subscribe the metawiki admins private mailing list. Again, congratulations and welcome to the team. Matiia (talk) 04:48, 9 May 2020 (UTC)
- Congrats --DannyS712 (talk) 04:50, 9 May 2020 (UTC)
- Felicitations! —Sgd. Hasley 05:11, 9 May 2020 (UTC)
- @DannyS712 and Hasley: Thank you! --TheSandDoctor Talk 06:16, 9 May 2020 (UTC)
- Hello! and congratulations. I got your email but for some reason I cannot find your subscription request in the queue of pending moderator requests. Could you please file out the form again? If that doesn't work I can try to add you manually (and file a Phab task so they can take a look at the logs and decipher what's going on). Best regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 09:25, 9 May 2020 (UTC)
User:~riley Asked to contact you Hi! English wikipedia Please allow me to IP block exemption and Confirmed users,Autopatrolled trest me(Me global IP block exemption There are teams But not working I want to contribute to the English wiki Please give me this right) I use a VPN to connect to sites Tor,vpn or anonymous proxy abroad, as I do not want to block my account .Thank youপরস (talk) 05:48, 15 May 2020 (UTC)