Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat
|←Requests and proposals||Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat (at Meta-Wiki only)||Archives (current)→|
|administrator or bureaucrat for some particular task, it is not always easy to find one. This page helps users find one when they need one; asking specific admins directly via their talk pages is one way to elicit a fast response. It is only for assistance required at Meta-Wiki, help for other wikis needs to be requested at those wikis.
Meta-Wiki has a small active community. When a normal user requires the assistance of an |
|SpBot archives all sections tagged with |
Insults/Publishing of incorrect personal information on a RfC page
- Please remove 1Goldberg2's attack on another user on a Requests for comment/Global ban for 1Goldberg2 page. --Sleeps-Darkly (talk) 07:44, 20 November 2021 (UTC)
- Comment That’s definitely a trans-misogynist harassment and gross violation of the WM:CIV policy. And by the way, today is Transgender Day of Remembrance – a day to remember those who have been murdered as a result of transphobic violence and hate. – Mrakia 08:57, 20 November 2021 (UTC)
- I agree that this is blatantly inappropriate; however, it is difficult to revdel this now due to the number of subsequent edits, including responses to the message. I've applied the start-redacted content-end template for now. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk) 17:00, 20 November 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you! Also the user User:Valentin Sapiens/Special:CentralAuth/Valentin Sapiens (see the block reason on ruwiki) on the same page is a sock of a globally locked Special:CentralAuth/Раммон/Special:CentralAuth/Кадош. Can you take a look and remove the comment from a globally locked user? Thanks. --Sleeps-Darkly (talk) 19:14, 20 November 2021 (UTC)
- Though the content has since been removed, I have left a conduct note on 1Goldberg2's talk page due to the edit's clear violation of our civility policy. Best, Vermont (talk) 04:21, 24 November 2021 (UTC)
Move page Movement Charter/Drafting Committee
I'd like to archive (or at least move) this page, to start a new page with information on the 15 chosen/appointed members of the MCDC. If I am correct there is no specific noticeboard for Translation administrators? Ciell (talk) 20:42, 20 November 2021 (UTC)
- @Ciell 1. What title do you want this page moved to? 2. The move can only be done by system administrators since it would require over 500 pages to be moved. 3. You were probably looking for Meta talk:Babylon. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk) 21:41, 20 November 2021 (UTC)
- Hi, thanks for the questions.
- 1) I was thinking something along the lines of Movement Charter/Drafting Committee/Profile. 2) I understand this, yes. The MovStrat team has requested the members of the MCDC, that now have been chosen/appointed, to introduce themselves on this page, and we are preparing a set of principles and communications about the MCDC. This would make this page even more outdated then it already is, since the elections are over. We can of course just change the text and do a complete revision of the whole page, but I think for historical reference it may be good to keep the page history and all the translations in one place. But let me first get some more clarity in this from @KVaidla (WMF) and get back to you. 3) I am not sure what I should read on the specific talkpage you mentioned? I got a Mediawiki warning that I could not move the page (which is understandable), but there was no link on the page were I could discuss or request the move. Ciell (talk) 09:11, 21 November 2021 (UTC)
- Hey @Ciell, I see @Pols12 created phab:T296150 about this (it needs a Phabricator ticket, because the page has too many subpages).
- Can you confirm (ideally, on the task ) that "Movement Charter/Drafting Committee/Profile" is the new desired title? I want to avoid having to move the page more than once, as it's not really a cheap operation (which is why it needs sysadmin's supervision).
- Thanks, Martin Urbanec (talk) 12:56, 21 November 2021 (UTC)
- I have open T296150 for your request: requests to sysadmin happen on Phabricator.
- The third item of 1234qwer1234qwer4 was an answer to your question about “specific noticeboard”. Officially, you’re on the right page, but I think like 1234qwer1234qwer4 that Babylon talk page is more appropriate to talk about translatable page issues. -- Pols12 (talk) 12:57, 21 November 2021 (UTC)
- @Pols12 Maybe this information could be added to the information page? It now only reads : "You do not have permission to manage translatable pages, for the following reason: The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Translation administrators."
- A link to a discussion page could be helpful. Ciell (talk) 14:54, 21 November 2021 (UTC)
- @Pols12 Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand, the above request, as it is currently phrased and discussed, seems to imply moving all the subpages within the name space of Movement Charter/Drafting Committee/XX. This may include, for example, moving the Movement Charter/Drafting Committee/Candidates page, which includes 700 translation subpages in over a dozen language. As someone who has been creating and curating these pages, however, this is not the request and it is not a useful move. Instead, I would look for moving only the individual page named Movement Charter/Drafting Committee (with its translations), in order to replace it with newer content. Do you think that would be possible? --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 11:06, 22 November 2021 (UTC).
- Don’t worry, there is no technical need to move subpages along with the translatable page, and I don’t think this was the Ciell request. But you do well to point this issue: sysadmin who will handle this request (probably Martin) must know whether to move subpages. -- Pols12 (talk) 23:11, 22 November 2021 (UTC)
Hello, I am Korean Wikipedia user. I want to get MassMessage senders permission. I want to inform Korean Wikipedia users. Although the contribution here is small, it has more than 4300 contributions on Korean Wikipedia. This article has Google Translate working-Jyoo1011 (talk) 10:28, 24 November 2021 (UTC)
- @Jyoo1011 Are you wanting to just message users on kowiki alone, then maybe a local kowiki request might be better, let's hear from @Sotiale or @-revi. Thanks. Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 12:33, 24 November 2021 (UTC)
- TBH... I'm not sure what I should check. This request doesn't imply anything other than that Jyoo1011 wants mass message sender flag. There is no indication of what this user wants other users to know, they have no idea how it will be used in the future. --Sotiale (talk) 13:42, 24 November 2021 (UTC)
History merge for Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal
Hello, Given Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal has been created from its (now) /old subpage, and Talk:Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal has been created from a duplicate in Template namespace, can you proceed to these two different history merges, please? (No opposition from duplicates’ author.) Pols12 (talk) 12:00, 24 November 2021 (UTC)
- Someone should also history merge Template:Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/temp/styles.css to Template:Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/styles.css, Template:Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/MRL to Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/MRL, Template:Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/Organizations Information to Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/Organizations Information, Template talk:Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/Organizations Information to Talk:Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/Organizations Information, Template:Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/Formerly Active Affiliates to Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/Formerly Active Affiliates, Template:Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/MRL to Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/MRL, Template:Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/MRL/List Of All Countries to Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/MRL/List Of All Countries, and Template:Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/MRL/List Of All Wikimedia Affiliates to Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal/MRL/List Of All Wikimedia Affiliates. This mess should be cleaned up everywhere, not just in the obvious places. * Pppery * it has begun 16:13, 24 November 2021 (UTC)
Could an admin also locally block this IP? The IP was already globally blocked before and now posted a series of nonsense pages here (where the global block doesn't apply)? Those pages might also need nuking. Thanks, Daniuu (talk) 13:11, 25 November 2021 (UTC)