Our strategic priorities:
- Stabilize infrastructure
- Increase participation
- Improve quality
- Increase reach
- Encourage innovation
Wikimedia Foundation targets for 2015:
- Increase the total number of people served to 1 billion
- Increase the number of Wikipedia articles we offer to 50 million
- Ensure information is high quality by increasing the percentage of material reviewed to be of high or very high quality by 25 percent
- Encourage readers to become contributors by increasing the number of total editors who make at least 5 edits per month to 200,000
- Support healthy diversity in the editing community by doubling the percentage of female editors to 25 percent and increase the percentage of Global South editors to 37 percent
The latest news and views from the Wikimedia Foundation:
- Wiki Loves EuroPride Edit-a-thon
- , Wikimedia Serbia organized an international edit-a-thon Wiki Loves EuroPride, during which Wikipedia volunteers in Europe and all over the world wrote and improved articles on topics of LGBTIQ+ t...
- Nevena Rudinac 2022-09-29 07:00:00
- How Wikimedia Fulfulde Community are Changing the Narratives of Fulfulde language across Wikimedia Projects
- Although, it’s agreeable that there’s still much to do in bringing the Fulfulde Wikipedia to limelight in making it the most popular and most accessible...
- Musaddam Idriss 2022-09-28 18:49:36
- Other languages: Bahasa Indonesia, Deutsch, English,Esperanto, Tiếng Việt, Tyap, français, ikirundi, italiano, magyar, polski, suomi, svenska, čeština, русский, українська, עברית, العربية, हिन्दी,...
- quiddity-WMF 2022-09-27 21:19:55
- WIKIMOVE Podcast: Content and knowledge gaps
- WIKIMOVE comes back from summer break with a new episode around content and knowledge gaps in the Wikimedia projects.  What’s in this episode? In this...
- Eva Martin WMDE 2022-09-23 07:00:00
- Announcing the results of the 2022 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election
- Thank you to all who participated in the 2022 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election! Voting closed September 6 at 23:59. The data can be...
- Jackie Koerner 2022-09-22 19:45:38
- A Regional or Thematic Hub? Help us decide!
- As part of Wikimedia’s 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations, there have been discussions on Initiative 25, which focuses on regional and thematic hubs. In view of...
- Mwintirew 2022-09-22 19:32:15
Read the Foundation's 2011–12 Annual financial plan, which also includes strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
See current events for more information.
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money. The benefactors page is dedicated to some of the companies and individuals helping to sustain the Wikimedia projects. The Wikimedia Foundation does not necessarily endorse the activities of its Corporate Benefactors.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via PayPal, MoneyBookers, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.