-- 21:35, 29 October 2011 (UTC)
Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll open
You are receiving this message because you edited the initial naming straw poll for the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll is now open and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
Hello, I've copied your message on the designated talk page and replied there. --Nemo 07:36, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
- Also, I see that you participated in a discussion on the right to fork; you may be interested in Talk:Wikimedia Trust where it's linked. --Nemo 07:40, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
Publicity Ideas for the Replay Edit tool
Would you have ideas on getting the word out about the tool ? Some of the ideas I have are:
- Another video like the Umlaut edit visualisation.
- Using the slider in some other simple tools (https://github.com/cosmiclattes/wikislider has the code to the slider as a separate component, the code is old and has not yet been updated with the code being used in the replay edits tool currently).
- Seeding it with other users who might be interested ?
- By Copying "importScript( 'User:Jeph_paul/common.js' );importStylesheet( 'User:Jeph_Paul/common.css' );" into your common.js it can be used as a userscript.
- Hi Jeph paul!
- I think another video with the new replay version is a good idea, videos are probably the easiest way to present the tool to other users.
- I tested the user script, but the play button didn't show up. See screenshot (i made you a new commons:Category:Replay Edits). The problem could be hard to locate, HTTPS? java script? Should i try the mwloader instead of importScript?
- Asking other users to test is a good idea. I can "seed" on german Wikipedia, if you like ;-) Do you have some ideas for specific questions? How open are you for the inevitable additional feature requests (flying pink unicorn that shits rainbows)?
- I think the replayer is a great tool to show people that Wikipedia editing is not a black box operation, and actually not that difficult. All the best --Atlasowa (talk) 18:09, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you for the offer to seed it on german wikipedia & sorry for getting back this late. The tool has support for multiple languages now & also has il8n support. I have added some german phrases I got from google translate (Have only added german translations, wasn't sure if google translate would give me accurate results, but the user can access articles from all the listed language wikipedia's).Also added a suggestion dropdown as you type the article name (This should be useful I guess).
- I'll take a look at the userscript & fix it.
- Th idea behind asking q's was to know if there would be a usecase for the cases like last 20 edits etc you mentioned. (My UX friend is busy with her work, but we'll get the ball rolling on this.)
- Made a few UI fixes like adding the arrows between the steps in the homepage. Shall we go ahead and sees it on the german wiki while making the UI/UX other changes paralelly ?
Revamping the View History tab
What would it take to revamp the View History tab, in terms of community consensus? If we came up with a plan with layout & feature set would it be accepted? Are there plans already on doing this? Is someone working on them? The replay edits tool could be a part of it, we could probably use the graph or other pieces from it. --Jeph paul (talk) 19:25, 3 February 2014 (UTC)