Wikimedia Foundation elections/2022/Community Voting/is
The 2022 Board of Trustees elections are from 23 August 2022 to 6 September 2022.
Members of the Wikimedia community have the opportunity to elect two candidates to a three-year term. This page contains voting instructions. Community members read the voter eligibility guidelines and the FAQ.
If you are eligible to vote:
- Read the Candidate statements and see the Analysis Committee's rating of each candidate
- Read the candidates’ answers to the questions posed by the Affiliate Representatives
- Watch the videos recorded by the candidates answering 6 questions from the community; there is also a text version, including additional questions from the community.
- Use the Election Compass to help guide your voting decision (based on answers to 15 additional community-sourced questions).
- Decide which candidates you will support.
- Go to the SecurePoll voting page.
- Follow the instructions on that page.
Hvernig að kjósa
Below is some helpful information to make sure your voting experience goes smoothly. Please read this section carefully before you go vote.
- This election is using the Single Transferable Vote methodology. An explanation of the calculation process can be found here.
- On the voting page, the voter will see a sequence of dropdown boxes. The voter will rank candidates from “Preference 1” (most preferred) to “Preference 6” (least preferred).
- Starting from the top, the voter will begin ranking candidates they consider most suitable to be elected. Candidates that the voter believes are less suitable should be marked toward the bottom of their list. Candidates that the voter believes are unsuitable should not be marked at all.
- A voter may stop ranking candidates at any point during the voting process. For example, out of 6 candidates, the voter can choose to only rank the top 4, and not rank the remaining 2.
- Candidates need to be ranked without skipping numbers in-between. Skipping numbers will result in an error.
- A voter may not rank the same candidate multiple times. Ranking the same candidate multiple times will result in an error.
- People can re-vote in the election. It overwrites their previous vote. They can do this as many times as they like.