|Founding date||13 July 2009|
|Approval date||3 July 2009|
|Main office||01001, Kyiv, Borys Hrinchenko St. 9, office 20|
|Key people||Bohdan Melnychuk (secretary)|
Mykola Kozlenko (treasurer)
|Affiliations||Wikimedia Central and Eastern Europe|
|Phone number||+380 67 343 74 34|
|E-mail address||wm-uawikimedia.org (general)|
Wikimedia Ukraine ist das Chapter der Wikimedia Fountation in der Ukraine. Der Verein wurde am 31. Mai 2009 gegründet, am selben Tag fand auch die erste Mitgliederversammlung und Vorstandswahl statt.
Am 3. July 2009 wurde Wikimedia Ukraine als Chapter von der Wikimedia Foundation anerkannt.
Am 13. July 2009 wurde Wikimedia Ukraine offiziell als Verein in der Ukraine registriert.
The field of activities of Wikimedia Ukraine is divided into four general directions:
- Content enrichment which includes projects aimed at new information being added to Wikipedia and related projects, such as article contests (like CEE Spring, Woman in STEM) or photographs contests (like Wiki Loves Earth, Wiki Loves Monuments, Science photo competition) which bring thousands of new articles to Ukrainian Wikipedia and thousands of new photos to Wikimedia Commons every year, as well as collaboration with GLAM institutions. Wikimedia Ukraine is in charge of organizing the international part of Wiki Loves Earth.
- Enlargement of participation aimed at bringing more people into Wikipedia and related projects, with the biggest project being the Educational program which attracts school and college students to editing. The other big project is the annual Wikimarathon when every Ukrainian is invited to make a contribution to Ukrainian Wikipedia, either by coming to one of numerous wikitrainings at different locations in Ukraine or by doing it online.
- Community support and development which focuses on making the community of Ukrainian wikipedians more connected and skilled. Wikimedia Ukraine organizes many meetings for members of the community, most notably the annual Wikiconference which brings together more than 60 wikipedians from all over the country and abroad, enabling them to discuss current issues, share their skills, get more knowledge about wikiprojects and to know each other better. Other meeting are the Annual General Meetings of the organization, occasional training for volunteers (editings trainings for newcomers, trainings for trainers, technical trainings, strategy sessions, governance trainings etc). Organizations gives grants to volunteers for attending international Wikimedia events (such as Wikimania, Wikimedia CEE Meeting or Wikihackaton) and for expenses aimed at adding content to Wikipedia or related projects (most often for wikiexpeditions and to buy books needed as sources).
- Awareness about Wikimedia and promotion of free knowledge with a goal of as many people as possible becoming aware about Wikimedia movement and its purpose and a goal of removing obstacles to development and circulation of free knowledge. Members of the organization often give interviews to media, explaining how Wikipedia works and what is Wikimedia movement. The biggest challenge the organization has in this field is that unlike many other European states, Ukraine does not have the freedom of panorama yet, which is a giant barrier to free knowledge. Wikimedia Ukraine advocates legislative amendments which would implement freedom of panorama in Ukraine.
Membership and structure
Any person who reached the age of 14 and who participates in at least one Wikimedia project can apply to become a member of Wikimedia Ukraine. If the Board after public discussion approves the membership, the applicant becomes a member of organization immediately after paying the first annual membership fee, which currently is 100 UAH (approximately 4 USD). As of March 2020, the organization has 66 members.
Functioning of the organization is regulated by the Statute. The main governing body in Wikimedia Ukraine is Annual General Meeting, which meets once in a year, make plans for the next year, elects the Board and Audit Committee. The Board consists of seven people. They appoint among themselves a secretary, a treasurer, a responsible member for each of four directions of activity and a chair, who is also the head of whole organization. The Board runs the organization during the year between Annual General Meetings. The Audit Committee oversees the actions of the Board and issues recommendations to them. All of the above-mentioned and the press-secretary are volunteers. A big part of operations are carried out by the employees and contractors, whom there are currently five.
Der Vorstand von Wikimedia Ukraine, gewählt am 23 Februars 2020, besteht aus:
- Ilja Kornijko (Vorsitzer)
- Bohdan Melnytschuk (Sekretär)
- Mykola Koslenko (Schatzmeister)
- Ihor Turschanskyj
- Natalija Lastowez
- Pawlo Sochan
- Anton Oboschyn
Mitarbeiter und Auftragnehmer
- Anton Prozjuk (Projektmanager)
- Jelysaweta Tschechowska (Kommunikationsmanagerin)
- Wiktorija Iwankiw (Büroleiterin)
- Olena Musytschenko (Buchhalterin)
- Anastasija Petrowa (Managerin des internationalen WLE)
- Mailingliste (öffentliche)
- (interwiki-präfix :wmua:)
- Strategie 2020-2022
- Grant-Bericht 2020
- Grant-Bericht 2019
- Grant-Bericht 2018
- Grant-Bericht 2017
- Grant-Bericht 2016
- Vorstandsbericht 2019 (in Ukrainisch)
- Organisationsbericht 2019 (in Ukrainisch)
- Finanzbericht 2019 (in Ukrainisch)
- Rechnungsprüfbericht 2019 (in Ukrainisch)
- Jahresbericht 2015 (PDF, Ukrainisch & Englisch)
- Vorstandsbericht 2014 and Finanzbericht 2014 (in Ukrainisch)
- Jahresbericht 2013 (PDF, Ukrainisch & Englisch)
- Jahresbericht 2012 (PDF, Ukrainisch & Englisch)