User talk:Church of emacs
Thank. I´m sorry, but I`cannot translate to Alemannisch. I don`t have enough active words. I`m sorry. stuttgart1950
User:Bruno Borges Alves 
- You're welcome :) --Church of emacs talk 12:41, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
TUSC token 55dc7a22afb34a42f0fb31a7e04e12b4 
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Hell I am Eseki. My Name is Ikoma. I live Jpapa. Verv Thank you.
However, I do not understand it. Eseki 03:41, 30 January 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Eseki. According to the Guidelines, you need to be active for 3 months on a Wikimedia project. Elections start at 2010-02-07, therefor you have to be registered before 2009-11-07. According to this page, your earliest registration on a Wikimedia project (not a test wiki) was on 2009-11-20. You are therefore disqualified. Regards, --Church of emacs talk 10:12, 30 January 2010 (UTC)
hi welcome on marathi wikipedia. but can you tell me answer? why i show in english wikipedia as a block user.? Vinod rakte 21:00, 4 February 2010 (UTC)
- Hi and thanks. I'm actually not sure why you were blocked. I suspect an autoblock, perhaps you shared your IP address with a blocked user. The problem doesn't exist anymore, right? --Church of emacs talk 22:07, 4 February 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for fighting vandalism in Kurdish Wikipedia! 
Just briefly to thank you for your help fighting Turkish vandalism on the Kurdish Wikipedia! Xwedê ji te razî be! (thanks) --MikaelF 13:37, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- I'm always happy to help :)
If I make a mistake, please inform me on this talk page (nobody's perfect). Cheers, --Church of emacs talk 13:51, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
Problems on cs:wiki 
Hallo Church of emacs, there is a group on the Czech Wikipedia which is polling together in order to force the end-content of an article. After a decision of 14 wikipedists (some of them are fanatics against all kinds of pseudosciences) started a campagne to promote first sentence of Telepathy-article in a way which is not grammatical and explaining "Conception telepathy" in state of "Telepathy" itself. I am not supporting Telepathy, but I am a lingvist and I started to criticize this poll-decision of the first statement and tried to get some grammar-changes through in a very matter-of-facts discusion. After doing this one of the administrators blocked me for a period of one week with the explanation: "You are only discussing for a long period of time and it is not possible any more. If you don't stop this I shall block you, this is the last warning". I didn't do anything and after 5 minutes he just block me for a week with edit summary: "not able to agree with community decision". Are there some effective procedures possible from meta-wiki in order to stop the violation of my editation freedom in a matter-of-facts discussion, because even Mercy, who is a candidate for a Steward supports polling? See my comments on . Thanks. --Vbhubeny 14:31, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Vbhubeny. Unfortunately, I cannot help you. I don't speak Czech at all, and I'm not familiar with the conflict. Please discuss this with the authors / administrators. Regards, --Church of emacs talk · contrib 14:41, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
Congratulations, Dear Administrator! 
Church of emacs, congratulations! You now have the rights of administrator on Meta. Please take a moment to read the Meta:Administrators page and watchlist related pages (in particular Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat, and Meta:Requests for deletion, but also Talk:Spam blacklist and Talk:Interwiki map), before launching yourself into page deletions, page protections, account blockings, or modifications of protected pages. The majority of the actions of administrators can be reversed by the other admins, except for history merges which must thus be treated with particular care.
A tip: add this page Meta:Administrators' discussion index to your watchlist, it tracks the latest activity to various sections of many of the important pages.
- Thanks a lot! (Also cool, that I already congratulated myself :)) --Church of emacs talk · contrib 10:46, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
Omg, it's his birthday! 
- OMG! Congratulations! — Dferg (talk) 16:40, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
Global rollback 
Regarding Wikimania- 2010 
This is Pramukh, an Information Security Consultant, based in Bangalore, India. I have been a contributer to Wikipedia for quite a long time. I am an avid traveler and photographer and hence over time i have collected vast amount of articles and very rare photographs, and now i am in the process of sharing it with the world through Wikipedia.
As an IT-Consultant i am also interested in enhancing information availability and information sharing. It is a dream for me to actively participate in this unique conference. But coming from such a far off country , its impossible for me to finance it economically. Hence i have already applied for a scholarship and waiting for the result.
You being a very experienced and a long timer I just wanted to know if you can kindly refer me to the selection team so as to help me in some way for getting the scholarship assistance so that i can travel and participate actively in the upcoming Wiki-mania-2010. I will be very much thankful and obliged if i get an opportunity to attend this conference.
Thanks & Regards,
- Hi Pramukh. You can find out more about Wikimania 2010 in its own wiki. There's a page Scholarships that explains the procedure. However, I'm a bit confused – you say that you are a long-time-contributor, but you registered your account 10 days ago and have made 43 global edits. Or did you use another account before? Regards, --Church of emacs talk · contrib 15:31, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the information. well you got it right sir, i previously used another account. But recently i have created another account and have properly streamlined my activities only recently. I can only hope to get the scholarships so as to attend the upcoming conference.
Thanks again !
Thank you for putting this here, I love it. --Nemo 14:22, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
Response to “Update on Translation Toolkit” 
Cbrown1023 pointed me to your questions on http://blog.wikimedia.org/2010/update-on-translation-toolkit/. I'm a member of Google's translation team and I wanted to provide an answer to your question: "how does author attribution work with the google toolkit?"
When a translator uploads a Wikipedia article into Translator Toolkit, we make a copy of that article and store the copy in Translator Toolkit. This copy is visible only to that translator and any users with whom the translator shares the article. This unshared copy of the article does not contain any attribution or history information.
When the translator clicks Share > Publish to source page from the translation editor, Translator Toolkit publishes the article back into Wikipedia in preview mode. We also include the following information in the Edit summary: Translated from http://LANGUAGE_CODE.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOURCE_ARTICLE_NAME (revision: REVISION_NUMBER) using http://translate.google.com/toolkit with about NN% human translation.
So long as the translator does not remove this summary, when the user clicks "Submit changes," Wikipedia saves this link to the original article --- with edit history and attribution --- from the published translation.
Hope that helps.
- Hi Mike. Thank you for your response! Although some might consider this kind of attribution smallish (especially for GFDL), I think it is acceptable for CC-BY-SA. Regards, --Church of emacs talk · contrib 11:25, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
- Well, ToU are supposed to work also for old edits, otherwise the whole thing wouldn't make sense. I see your point on local policies, even if I'm afraid that harder rules are more likely to be not respected (at least outside de.wiki :-p), and that would result in less attribution given, while at least in this manner we can make people acknowledge original pages' authors, which isn't always so obvious. But anyway, what about page merging and splitting? --Nemo 17:55, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
Fundraising Committee 
Hi there! Thanks for volunteering to sit on the Fundraising committee. The work of the committee will be really valuable to making this year's annual giving campaign really effective. I've posted an overview to Fundraising 2010, and would love your thoughts on the talk page. I'm also going to try to set up an IRC meeting soon, and hope you'll join for that. Keep an eye Fundraising 2010/Committee for a couple of proposed times! Thanks again... Philippe (WMF) 18:26, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
I'd like to have a meeting on IRC this week to discuss the 2010-2011 annual appeal/fundraiser. This will be an "anyone is welcome" type meeting, open to the broad community. During this, Zack Exley and I will take you through our inital thoughts about the fundraiser and its organization, and ask you to join us in a discussion about the (massive) role of volunteers and chapters in this year's fundraiser.
Because of the vagaries of time zones, scheduling live meetings is hard. So, we'll have a couple of potential times, and we'll log and post the meeting for anyone who wasn't able to make it.
The meetings will be held Thursday, 12 August at 23:00 UTC (16:00 PDT) and Friday, 13 August at 16:30 UTC (09:30 PDT) in the #wikimedia-fundraising channel on the freenode network on IRC (irc://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-fundraising). You can access this using freenode's webclient, which is available at http://webchat.freenode.net/ or by using your favorite IRC client.
Hope to see you there! Philippe (WMF) 20:40, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for showing interest in the fundraising committee. You can see that we've started to develop the Committee structure and I'd like to encourage your thoughts and participation in the formulation of the important role Wikimedians will play in our drive this year. Please leave me a message if you have a specific request from me, otherwise head to the talk pages and lets get started brainstorming! Keegan (WMF), Fundraising 2010 04:25, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
- Hi. Ich habe mir die Seite durchgelesen und ein paar Mängel behoben. Gruß, --Church of emacs talk · contrib 17:57, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
Banner Messages 
Hi Church of Emacs, you left a nice note about Fundraising on my i.p. talk page. I was wondering if you could take a look at some of the banner messages I have drafted and bold any you think are worth trying on the main page. I wouldn't ask, but I have about 60 in the works and am not sure which ones to put up. Thanks! Ocaasi
- Hi Ocaasi. Those are great! I marked some bold, which are persuasive and which I think have something new that should be discussed. All other slogans are great too, so feel free to include more :)
For some I also added a comment, see the diff. Cheers, --Church of emacs talk · contrib 18:11, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
Wikimedia CAT/de 
Ei Tobias, gerade habe ich gesehen alle die grammatikalischen Fehler die du auf der Wikimedia CAT/de Seite korrigiert hast. Ich wollte dir nur danken für die Zeit, die du dich dafür genommen hast. Wirklich vielen Dank, denn muttersprachlich bin ich Katalanisch obwohl ich einigen Jahren in Deutschland gewohnt habe, un leider das war nicht genug um besser schreiben zu können. Es war nett sehr von dir!!! ;-) --f3RaN 17:52, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
Hello Church of emacs. I'm busy this days and I do not have so much time to try to fix this but I've found errors on some templates for the candidates. If you try to create a statement the links points to 2010 and the "create vote page" link on the preload template also redirects you to a /2010 page. Also something odd happens at this page. Could you please have a look when you've some time? Danke. --dferg ☎ talk 19:47, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Dferg. I'm aware of those problems. I tried to fix the template system by copying 2010's templates... however I failed because I tried to convert everything to the new page title system. See Talk:Stewards/elections 2011. I doubt I'll have time to fix that soon (exams…) :( --Church of emacs talk · contrib 20:04, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
Thank you! 
|A personal thank you
from one of those guys
that made all those annoying banners
Hey Tobias, I wanted to personally thank you for your help during the fundraiser. I know you didn't always like what we were doing but being willing to come out and give your opinion about banners/landing pages etc was invaluable as was your willingness to help me test or verify things both before the fundraiser started and during it. I hope you'll be able to give your thoughts on what we need to do better for next year (and what we need to keep doing). Happy new year and Wiki10! -James/Jalexander/Jamesofur 00:49, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
Account Creation Improvement Project 
You signed up on the Account Creation Improvment Project on the Outreach wiki. Thanks.
Now, we are looking for help. We are going to test the pages that are in the account creation process right now, against any pages that you create. More information.
Best wishes, svHannibal 16:31, 15 February 2011 (UTC)
Translator, We need you! 
Dear Church of emacs,
You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.
Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.
If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.
How about 
Converted urls in centralnotice to protocol relative 
Gday. The links that were in the central notice were a little problematic due to their being fixed protocol. I have converted them to protocol relative. — billinghurst sDrewth 14:04, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
- Hi billinghurst. Sorry for that mistake, you are right, of course. --Tobias talk · contrib 14:44, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
Dear Tobias, please don't enable any CN without notifying/asking feedback from people on the calendar, as per guidelines. Cheers, Nemo 07:38, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll open 
You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
Notice of review of adminship (April 2013) 
Hello Church of emacs. In accordance with Meta:Administrators/Removal and because you have made fewer than ten logged administrator actions over the past six months, your adminship is under review at Meta:Administrators/Removal/April 2013. If you would like to retain your adminship, please sign there before April 08, 2013. Kind regards. -- MarcoAurelio 14:45, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- Distributed via Global message delivery, 14:45, 1 April 2013 (UTC)