The Finance Meeting took place in Paris the 17, 18 and 19 of February 2012.
The meeting goal was to gather all the organizations for a face to face meeting and to talk altogether about the finance within the movement.
Current discussions about finance, fund-raising, fund-dissemination, and related topics were mainly on Fundraising Discussion, Fundraising and Funds Dissemination and Fundraising and Funds Dissemination/Recommendations.
The venue was the Novotel Bercy (85 rue de Bercy 75012 Paris), both the hotel and the conference venue. Rooms and meals were paid by Wikimédia France (except for dinner) during the meeting.
Social event Thursday 16th
- Who's in ? :
- Schiste 15:07, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- --Frieda 15:42, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Bence 15:52, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- --Manuel Schneider(bla) (+/-) 16:08, 14 February 2012 (UTC) + Reiner Strubert
- we meet at 20:00 at the reception of the hotel
- --Ilario 16:56, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Remi Mathis 18:45, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Thierry (TCY) 19:48, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- Okay --FiliP ██ 19:48, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Polimerek 21:49, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Starting what time? I'm arriving in the evening... The Land 21:25, 14 February 2012 (UTC) - I'll arrive at Gare du Nord at 22:27 so don't wait for me ;-)
- --Kiril Simeonovski 15:39, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- Anthere 23:10, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- --Serein (talk) 13:54, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- Where ?
Café Les spectacles, 114 Rue de Bercy 75012 Paris, near the venue. Metro : Bercy (line 14)
- When ?
From 8 pm
Registration is here.Below is a list of those who have registered. Please do NOT edit this table directly.
Last update: Monday 13, February 2012 17:22 UTC
Additionally, you can list yourself and further details below if you want.
Planning to attend
This list is done on a personal initiative and does not reflect the complete list of attendees
- Mike Peel (WMUK) - arriving Friday evening (6pm at CDG), leaving Sunday evening (19.55 from CDG).
- Siska.Doviana (Wikimedia Indonesia) - arriving Thursday morning (10:35 @CDG), leaving Sunday afternoon (17:00 from CDG)
- Gomà (Amical Viquipèdia) - arriving Friday morning (7:45am at Orly), leaving Sunday evening (18.00 from Orly).
- Stu West (WMF BoT) - arriving Thursday night 6:17pm at Gare du Nord, leaving early Sunday (12:40pm departure from CDG)
- Matt Halprin - arriving Thursday mid-day and leaving "O Dark 30" Sunday morning - 6:05 CDG)
- Arne Klempert
- Ilario (WMCH) - arriving 16th Feb Gare de Lyon, departure 19th
Please add travel details here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Finance_meeting_2012/travel
Willing to come (but not yet confirmed)
- Paul Becherer, Siebrand Mazeland (WMNL)
- Patricio Lorente (WMAR)
Laura Fiorucci (WMVE) (if scholarship will be available)No podré asistir por motivos laborales. Laura Hale (WM-AU)
- Jenna delos Reyes (WMPH) – if scholarship will be available.
- Iván Martínez (WM-MX) – Confirmed scholarship for travel by WM-FR.
- Kurt Kulac + Reiner Strubert (WMAT)
- If at all possible, I will pop down on the Friday from London and leave that evening. I have a prior commitment for the weekend so I can't stay the whole time. I don't really have anything to present though I'm happy to say a few words about harmony and support for this kind of meeting. I'll be there to listen and learn for the most part.--Jimbo Wales 16:59, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
- Sue Gardner (Wikimedia Foundation ED)
- Garfield Byrd (Wikimedia Foundation CFA)
- Asaf Bartov (WIkimedia Foundation Grants)
- Stephen Wanjau (Wikimedia Kenya) - if given a scholarship.
- Jan-Bart de Vreede (Vice Chair Wikimedia Board of Trustees)
- Geoff Brigham, General Counsel, Wikimedia Foundation
Juan David Ruiz andDaniel Bravo (WM-CL) - depending on scholarships Ilario (WM-CH)
- The Land Chris Keating, Wikimedia UK Board and fundraising lead
- provisionally, family commitments allowing.
- Danny B. (WM-CZ)
- Pavel Richter (WMDE)
- User:Brest (WMMK) - if given a scholarship.
- Delphine Ménard (WMDE, Board)
- Theo10011 Interested in the subject-matter- willing to attend, but highly unlikely to.
- Kiril Simeonovski (WMMK) - if scholarship is available.
- Millosh (WMRS)
- Polimerek (WMPL)
- Thelmadatter (WMMX)Will need financial assistance
- Phoebe Ayers (WMF board)
Meredith Ramirez Talusan, second representative (WMPH) - if given a partial scholarship- cannot come because a scheduled interview
- Michal Reiter (WM-CZ, board)
- Florence Devouard (WM FR)
- Thierry Coudray (WM FR)
- Bence Damokos (WM HU)
- Frieda (WMI)
Willing to attend via video conference
(confirmation of this mode ~12 January, but any estimation of the number of participants here would be helpful) Timezones: most of the world can attend most of the worktime (say 9h-18h) either in their early day either in their late day, but it becomes very difficult for Australia (you can attend the morning sessions in your late evening; quite the same for Japan although less critical) and for West Coast United States (you can attend the afternoon sessions in your very early morning (5h+)). Be precise your timezone and if you really want discuss about some issue, we can not promise anything given there could be constraints about hours for the room, but we can try.
- Thelmadatter if F2F is not possible
I just took the liberty to add another page, so that we coordinate travel details and maybe share a ride from the airport to the hotel. Finance meeting 2012/travel
There is public transport from about 6:00 am to midnight. From the international airport Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle (CDG) to the center of Paris, the public transport is the RER B; from the European airport Orly, the easiest is probably the Orlybus; in the city of Paris there are undergrounds, and obviously there are taxis from/to the airports.
RER B from/to Charles-de-Gaulle airport
- CDG -> center of Paris: departures from 4:56 am to 22:55
- center of Paris (station Châtelet-les Halles) -> CDG: departures from 5:26 am (arrive at 5:58 am) to 22:41 am (arrive at 23:19) Be careful when you go to CDG because there are two destinations.
The frequency of undergrounds is generally about 5 minutes, and are functionning from 6:00 am (or a bit before) to 1:00 am.