Hardware donation program/Moheen Reeyad
Your contact information
- your username
- Moheen Reeyad
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your plan
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
I am affiliated with the Wikimedia movement since 2010. I am an active Wikimedia contributor for last 6 years with more than 61K global edits till now. I have Sysop right in Bengali Wikipedia (bn.wikipedia.org) and created 700+ valid articles, contributed 350+ images, and translated 400+ templates with more than 32K edits. Alongside, I contribute all others Bengali language wiki projects. Apart from that, I am also an active in English Wikipedia (sometimes in SWMT), Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, Meta-Wiki, Translatewiki, Phabricator, Openstreetmap etc. My second most active Wikimedia project is Wikimedia Commons, where I uploaded 2800+ images and have more than 30K edits. Additionally, I'm serving as a member of the Wikimedia OTRS team and currently serve as a Board member of Wikimedia Bangladesh chapter.
At the present, I have no personal desktop or laptop. So, a laptop might helpful for keeping online-offline contribution actively with more edits and uploading more photos even while on the move. And with that, I intend working more as I wanted to do keep roles that I mentioned above to enrich and develop my chapter and community.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Wikipedia (Bengali, English)
- Wikimedia Commons
Work you're proud of
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- Core organizer of Bengali Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Celebration Bangladesh
- Core organizer of Wiki Loves Monuments 2016 in Bangladesh
- Core organizer of Wikipedia 15 good article edit-a-thon, Wikipedia Article Competition for International Mother Language Day 2017 (two months long) etc and Member of the Committee for Picture of the Year 2016.
- Build up Chattogram Wikipedia Community, which was the first local user community under Wikimedia Bangladesh.
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Strong Support because there is only a little OTRS team in Bangladesh (about 3 agents) and that makes it more important, that Moheen can work more efficiently to support the Bangladesh community, if he has got the needed hardware. All the work on the projects like Wikipedia and Commons, Wikimedia operations and some more are much more difficult without a laptop, we all know it. So it's great that Moheen consults you to help with a hardware donation. Thank you, Doc Taxon (talk) 08:34, 20 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support Without personal desktop or laptop who had done so much work, he is more eligible to get the same. Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 23:50, 19 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Bijay Chaurasia (Talk) 04:33, 20 March 2017 (UTC)
- Strong Support for User:Moheen Reeyad; hardworking contributor editing aggressively across all the Sister projects of the Movement. If given a Laptop, I'm sure he'll be one of the best wikimedians to put it to Good use. --Mouryan (talk) 05:31, 20 March 2017 (UTC)
- Strong Support, User does excellent work, I am sure he will use the laptop for the best of Wikimedia projects! Amazing, what he has done so far without! --Kritzolina (talk) 07:22, 20 March 2017 (UTC)
- strong Support--Atudu (talk) 09:22, 20 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support - Moheen clearly has a very strong commitment to our movement. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 11:03, 20 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support Satdeep Gill (talk) 11:28, 20 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support-he deserves it.User:hafezahmad1003april 2017(UTC)
- Support - With all the effort till date no doubt Moheen deserves a hardware donation and I believe this would inspire him to contribute more in wikipedia and other wikimedia projects. S Shamima Nasrin (talk) 14:27, 20 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support Nilamkarn (talk) 15:02, 20 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support - He has done great without one, let's see what he does with one. --Minar Mahmud (talk) 18:16, 20 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support Raihan Rana (talk) 18:19, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support →Spiritia 19:52, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Gereon K. (talk) 20:46, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Sailesh Patnaik (Talk|Contribs) 01:12, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support He deserves it indeed.--Masum-al-Hasan (talk) 04:22, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support--Aliva Sahoo (talk) 10:54, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support He does plenty of good work on Commons, and it sounds like that's true of all the projects he works on. lNeverCry 03:31, 23 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support --A.Savin (talk) 23:53, 23 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support Poco a poco (talk) 07:59, 24 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support Many useful contributions. Charlesjsharp (talk) 09:56, 24 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support would be very hepeful.--miya (talk) 12:44, 24 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support---Wikicology (talk) 13:29, 24 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support Wikipendien very deserving; He knows how to listen, he learns quickly, he wants to do well.--Archaeodontosaurus (talk) 17:02, 24 March 2017 (UTC)
- Supporthe deserves it.User:hafezahmad100025 march 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Aftabuzzaman (talk) 20:31, 25 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Code (talk) 05:01, 28 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Steinsplitter (talk) 16:57, 3 April 2017 (UTC)
- Support Mohammed Galib Hasan (talk) 17:14, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.