- 1 WAM MARATHI
- 2 Learning Quarterly: October 2017
- 3 CIS-A2K Newsletter August September 2017
- 4 CIS-A2K Newsletter October 2017
- 5 Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow up
- 6 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election
- 7 Hello
- 8 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination Phase
- 9 postcard: geographyinitiative
- 10 Message WAM
- 11 Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1Ref
- 12 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase
- 13 "Second Ambassador"?
- 14 Learning Quarterly: January 2018
- 15 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Results
- 16 WAM 2016 & 2017
- 17 Wikitongues User Group: Status Update
- 18 CIS-A2K Newsletter, March & April 2018
- 19 What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group
- 20 Learning Quarterly: June 2018
Namaskar Sailesh, I was able to notify the situation of my account then and now I am in deep trouble as my account has been blocked there. I don't know what will happen next as I am trying my side hard to make WAM successful in MrWp like last year. Ill c what can I do to overcome the situation but if I am unsuccessful please close up WAM In mrwp as I am a lone organizer there. Thanking you --Tiven2240 (talk) 10:03, 30 October 2017 (UTC)
Learning Quarterly: October 2017
L&E Newsletter / Volume 4 / Issue 13 / August 2017
Leave your mark on Meta!
New AffCom corner, plus learning patterns you can contribute to.
CIS-A2K Newsletter August September 2017
CIS-A2K has published their newsletter for the months of August and September 2017. Please find below details of our August and September newsletters:
August was a busy month with events across our Marathi and Kannada Focus Language Areas.
- Workshop on Wikimedia Projects at Ismailsaheb Mulla Law College, Satara
- Marathi Wikipedia Edit-a-thon at Dalit Mahila Vikas Mandal
- Marathi Wikipedia Workshop at MGM Trust's College of Journalism and Mass Communication, Aurangabad
- Orientation Program at Kannada University, Hampi
Please read our Meta newsletter here.
September consisted of Marathi language workshop as well as an online policy discussion on Telugu Wikipedia.
- Marathi Wikipedia Workshop at Solapur University
- Discussion on Creation of Social Media Guidelines & Strategy for Telugu Wikimedia
CIS-A2K Newsletter October 2017
CIS-A2K has published their newsletter for the months of October 2017. The edition includes details about these topics:
- Marathi Wikipedia - Vishwakosh Workshop for Science writers in IUCAA, Pune
- Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon
- Odia Wikisource anniversary
- CIS-A2K signs MoU with Telangana Government
- Indian Women Bureaucrats: Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
- Interview with Asaf Bartov
Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow up
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.
During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?
We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.
If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination Phase
Hello again Saileshpat! As stated in our previous message, nominations for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group steering committee elections are now open and will remain open until the 9th. If you are interested and have read the instructions, please nominate yourself on the election page. Please forward your queries to librarieslists.wikimedia.org, and for private correspondence, please get in touch with one of the founding members. And finally, wishing you a prosperous and happy new year on behalf of the user group founding members! On behalf of the user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:00, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
Hello! I am geographyinitiative from wikipedia. Can I send you my address in Mainland China? If not, could you send me a scanned version of the postcard?? Thanks!
- @Geographyinitiative:, Yes Please! We will try our best to send your postcard to Mainland China. Have you filled the Google form? If you have submitted your address details then you don't need to send it to me. --Sailesh Patnaik 16:03, 6 January 2018 (UTC)
Yes I have already filled up Google form earlier. Hope all is well.
Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1Ref
Hi everyone, two quick but important updates:
Timeline for nominations and voting
- Nominations are extended until 12 January 2018.
- Candidates will be lightly vetted by the Founding Members (excluding those who are candidates) to help form a well-functioning committee.
- Vetting will happen from the 13th up to 21 January 2018.
- Voting will begin on the 22nd of January and end on the 4th of February.
- To be able to vote, editors must have joined the usergroup before the 21st of January.
- Results will be announced on or before the 10th of February.
How you can support #1lib1ref
- Participate! Get started at m:1Lib1Ref and add a citation with CitationHunt.org
- Share the campaign on social media using the #1lib1ref hashtag
- Tell your local librarians and library-loving friends about the campaign
- Watch and share this fun explainer video
- Join the Facebook event page for updates
- Join the Wikipedia + Libraries Facebook group for news and camaraderie
- Watch and share the OCLC #1lib1ref webinar
- Read the OCLC #1lib1ref Learner Guide
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase
Hello once again! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2018 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group by 21 January 2018, you are eligible to vote. As mentioned under the instructions for voters, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.
I decided I might as well contact you on your talk page re this edit. I was under the impression that Rochelimit would be denied the top spot on English Wikipedia because at least twenty of his entries needed to be disqualified because of the copyright problems, and I would be granted the top spot.
I didn't much care about it until last night when I was made aware that "First Ambassador" and "Second Ambassador" were a thing that existed, and that apparently I only qualify for a "Second Ambassador title because I wrote more than 30 articles and came in "second place".
Did you discuss this somewhere with the English Wikipedia judges or something? If not, I guess did they just forgot to notify anyone of the issue, in which case any assistance you could offer in retroactively fixing the problem would be appreciated.
- Dear Hijiri88, My bad, that edit was made a long back and I wasn’t aware of the recent conversations. Thanks for letting me know, I have made the necessary changes. -Sailesh Patnaik 02:51, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
Learning Quarterly: January 2018
L&E Newsletter / Volume 5 / Issue 15 / January 2018
Leave your mark on Meta!
Inspire New Readers campaign, and AffCom elections
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Results
Hello everyone! The steering committee election for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group is finally over and the results you were patiently awaiting for is here! We had many great candidates with awesome skillsets and experience, unfortunately not everyone could make it to the final eight. We are grateful to all the candidates for stepping up and boldly throwing their hat in the ring. It was a difficult choice and they made it. Now, the results. The candidates who made it to the final eight are,
On behalf of the founding members, the TWL team and the user group members, we congratulate the candidates on their successful run and welcome them to the committee. The steering committee and the founding members will soon meet to discuss the handover and next steps of the user group. Thank you--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:56, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
WAM 2016 & 2017
Hi Shailesh, I had submitted Address for WAM Post Cards, ... I am yet to receive them? Any idea, when they will be delivered?
Wikitongues User Group: Status Update
I am sharing this news with immense pleasure that Wikitongues User Group has been recognized by the Affiliations Committee as of 11 May 2018. Thanks a lot for registering yourself as a member of the User Group. We will shortly reach out to you with more steps on how you can participate in the User Group's activities. Meanwhile, we welcome all new ideas that you might have for the Group.
On behalf of the Wikitongues User Group-