- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Ending 16 February 2020 20:27 (UTC)
Hello everyone, I am Hasley. I have been working for the past 9 months on Meta. Through my time on this project, I have made more than 3,800 edits, of which almost 1,000 are deleted. I usually report to RFH/SRG and #wikimedia-stewards, so I am able to help with IRC requests. My main focus would be to deal with LTAs and any other administrative areas as I can, especially when there are no local sysops available. To be honest, I was not supposed to request for adminship, but a bot flood attack prompted me. Let's take a look at last night's event: I reverted more than 100 edits for an hour until they were blocked; sysop tools would have been very beneficial.
I am an administrator on MediaWiki.org and a curator on English Wikiversity, so I have experience as a sysop. Also, a global rollbacker. As always, I am open to all questions. Thanks in advance. Kind regards. —Sgd. Hasley 20:27, 9 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support, sure, been really helpful patrolling meta tirelessly.--AldnonymousBicara? 20:30, 9 February 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Long overdue, and trusted admin elsewhere. Last night was a clear example of a user not having the tools to do the job - the only reason that LTA was blocked at the 1 hr mark was because I pulled my phone out at the dinner table, on a date, after multiple pings on IRC. If that doesn't scream "we need more admins" (at least for certain timezones), I'm not sure what does. Hasley has the experience, judgement, and understanding of Meta's inner workings to be a competent and proficent sysop. ~riley (talk) 20:59, 9 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support Yes, sure. Trusted and competent; I see no issues here, and I see the need for more admins. Thanks for offering to help. Ahmadtalk 22:03, 9 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support Why not? -- CptViraj (📧) 00:59, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support Jianhui67 talk★contribs 03:46, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Per others. --Wright Streetdeck 03:58, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Sure!--MrJaroslavik (talk) 04:12, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support an absolute pile of deleted contributions, most of them correct speedy taggings. Also has a wide variety of experience across a number of Wikimedia projects. – Ajraddatz (talk) 05:13, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Capable and competent. Having clue and knows the tools. Thank you for your willingness to serve. Good crosswiki work too, active in SMWT which allows me confidence that he will be able to interact with the diverse amount of users here. --Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 06:58, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support Doing good work, but keep it slow when deleting stuff. :P ‐‐1997kB (talk) 07:09, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support I am for Vercelas… —Eihel (talk) 16:24, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support, active and competent.--BRP ever 02:11, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support I was going to nominate you after that :) --Sotiale (talk) 02:32, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support for sure. —Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 14:10, 13 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support -FASTILY 21:57, 13 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Defender (talk) 22:20, 13 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support Trust user, although not long joined. 轻语者 (talk) 10:24, 14 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support per Riley & BRPever. Minorax (talk) 14:32, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
Done. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 12:16, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.