|←2014 elections||Stewards (2014 elections > statements only)|
- Languages: en-ca-N, fr-1
Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#Ajraddatz
- Languages: az-N, tr-N, cek-N, kjj-3, crh-3, gag-3, ru-2, en-2, kk-1, tt-1, tk-1 and etc.
- Personal info: Greetings all. I am Tarkhan Pashazade jachly, from Azerbaijan and origin from Jack village. I’m living in Sumgait city. First time I registered in Wikipedia on 21 December, 2006 as Tərxan Paşazadə. But currently it’s inactive. Afterwards I registered on February 8, 2009 at Azerbaijani Wikipedia in the username of Cekli829. Since March 27, 2009 I have remained an active on wiki projects. My account is active in about 821 sites of project - almost in all of the sites. Generally, I have more than 191 000 editing on the project. Currently I'm a member of at least 14 local groups (sysop/rollbacker/test-admin/reviewer/patroller/rollbacker/editor/etc...) in the wiki-project. I made more than 20 000 sysop actions only on Azerbaijani Wikipedia. I participated to the translation project translatewiki.net as well. Especially if you notice, the Turkish Wikipedia Collaborations project, where I was an active participant in this project in 2011, 2012 and I became the winner of the year. I'm also a member of the Small Wiki Monitoring Team. I have a great practice in global struggling against vandalism. I’m initiator and participant of Azerbaijani Wikinews, Khinalig Wikipedia projects in Incubator. One of my biggest contribution from the projects was the Commons project; also Wikidata. Wikiness is my lifestyle. I am busy on wiki projects from 6 to 10 hours in a day. I think wiki projects are the great common human worth. I want to be more helpful in this sphere. That is why I would like to serve as a Wikimedia steward. This is already the fifth time of my candidacy. Actually to be a candidatefor the previous 4 elections was a great experience for me. Thus, further the elections has an important role in the improvement of my activity, forming as a professional wiki... Please support with your voteall ofcandidates who you like! I wish only the useful result. Doubtless if wikisociety will support me, I am ready to assume the responsibility. I hope wikisociety will support and will give me this honorableresponsibility. Because I’m truly and hard working user. You can trust me. Thank you for your consideration!
Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#Cekli829
- Languages: de, en-3
- Personal info: Hello, I'm Hoo man, I've been a Wikimedian since 2008 and I would like to serve as a steward. I'm currently living in Germany and am usually contactable via IRC whenever I'm on my computer, sometimes until early in the morning. After some time of casual activity mostly on the German Wikipedia, I found out about the Small Wiki Monitoring Team in 2010 and decided to join it. Because of that I later on became a global rollbacker and a global administrator, which I am as of today. From time to time I also help out with maintenance tasks in Wikis without local administrators. On top of that I am a Meta-Wiki Administrator and am serving as a Wikidata-Admin. At some point in 2010 I started developing tools for common global vandalism fighter tasks. Because other users active in global vandalism fighting liked my tools, I kept extending them further. Due to my growing experience in these areas I later on got into the development of MediaWiki and MediaWiki extensions. Nowadays I maintain two MediaWiki extensions related to steward tasks which are used on Wikimedia Wikis: AbuseFilter and CentralAuth (I also hold a talk about these during the Wikimania 2013). Besides, I'm working on the Wikidata project, partly as a contractor to Wikimedia Germany but also as a volunteer. I will use my long term experience with both steward related tasks and the technical side of the steward work to improve the communication between the Wikimedia Foundation developers and the stewards. I also will try to help the stewards with their technical needs. Serving as a steward I will mostly stick to working on global vandalism and abuse cases. Additionally I will help other users on request, for example by performing global locks of reported spam bot accounts.
Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#Hoo man
- Languages: ar-N, en-4, fr-1
- Personal info: I would like to nominate myself for stewardship. I was elected as a steward in 2009 and I resigned in 2010 in good standing (without controversy) because I didn't have enough time to contribute back then. Now I have more free time. I have been elected for many positions of trust within Wikimedia wikis. I am a checkuser and admin on Arabic Wikipedia and admin on English Wikipedia. I am also a former bureaucrat and admin here on Meta and admin on Commons. (Again, I gave up those rights in good standing because I didn't have enough time back then.) I started contributing to Wikipedia in April 2006 and I have made about 250K manual edits and more than 900K bot edits using my two bot accounts (MenoBot and MenoBot II) for a combined total of more than 1.1 million edits. My work is spread over many projects: I have made more than 1000 edits on 12 wikis and more than 100 edits on 21 wikis. Since I am a native Arabic speaker, my contributions here on Meta are mainly about translating pages to Arabic. I believe that I will increase the cultural and linguistic diversity of stewards since there are currently no stewards from the Arab world or Africa. I am an OTRS volunteer since 2007 (replying to messages in queues info-ar and info-en). Since 2007, I have reported 125 bugs to Bugzilla. I also submitted about 150 commits to the old code repository hosted on svn.wikimedia.org (mainly maintaining Arabic localization. I haven't coded anything serious.) In 2008 I was given an account on the Toolserver that I used to operate my bots. In 2013, I switched to using Wikimedia Labs for operating my bots. I attended one Wikimania (Wikimania 2008) where I enjoyed meeting Jimbo and other Foundation officials like Brion Vibber, Tim Starling and Florence Devouard. Over the years, I also participated in many Wikimedia related events in Egypt, such as this 2009 college workshop in Alexandria University and the 2012 Cairo meetup. On 13 July 2012, I created the 4 millionth article on the English Wikipedia (Ezbet el-Borg). On 31 December 2012, I received a T-shirt as a gift from Wikimedia Foundation.
Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#Meno25
- Languages: En-N; Fr-2
- Personal info: Hello, I am Risker. I created my account to edit English Wikipedia in December 2005, although like many others I edited before registering. In May 2008, I became an administrator on English Wikipedia. Between January 2009 and December 2013, I was a member of the Arbitration Committee on that project. I read French at a high-school level. I have been a Checkuser and Oversighter on English Wikipedia since January 2009, and am very familiar with the applicable policies and practices. In my role as the arbitrator who was primarily responsible for managing the appointment of new Checkusers and Oversighters, I worked regularly with stewards. I have been an administrator for the Checkuser-L global mailing list for almost five years, and have been a bureaucrat on the Checkuser-wiki since its creation. My checkuser activities focus on anti-spam and cross-wiki socking reviews. I have been active on OTRS since 2010, and participate in several cross-project mailing lists. I make a point of following Bugzillas that relate to Checkuser, Oversight, and revision-deletion/suppression extensions. In 2011, I was a member of the committee that managed the technical aspects of the image filter referendum. Last year, I was a member of the committee that organized the WMF Board/FDC elections. Should I be elected as a steward, I will be focusing first on permissions, cross-wiki anti-spam work, Oversight for projects without their own oversighters, and responding to requests sent to the Stewards OTRS queues. My extensive experience in dispute resolution and in closing contentious RFCs should also prove useful. I look forward to learning and developing new skills. I am aware of the policies governing steward access, checkuser access, oversight access, and privacy as stated in the prerequisites, and agree to abide by them. I have already identified to the Foundation. Risker (talk) 23:01, 28 January 2014 (UTC) Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#Risker
- Languages: en-N
- Personal info:
I've been editing Wikipedia (en) for almost 10 years, and have been an admin on en for most of that time. I'm less active now than I used to be, but I see I've made the top 10,000 list of Wikipedia editors, which I suppose is something. I use the encyclopedia on a daily basis; since I get so much value from it, I feel obligated to give back to the project. Serving as a steward seems like an interesting way to do that. Sadly, I am (mostly) monolingual. I can usually get the gist of what I'm reading in Spanish, but wouldn't consider my Spanish skills sufficient for working in the language. In real life, I hack code for Songza and occasionally write about topics that interest me on my personal blog.After re-considering the commitment of time this would involve, I have decided to withdraw my candidacy.
Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#RoySmith
- Languages: en, es-2
- Personal info: Hi! I'm Rschen7754, and I began editing the English Wikipedia in March 2005. I became an administrator on the English Wikipedia in December 2005, and am a content contributor, sockpuppet investigations clerk for the CheckUser team, and an Arbitration Committee clerk. I am a part of OTRS, and an administrator and oversighter on Wikidata, and an administrator on the English Wikivoyage. I have played a role in the development of core policies on Wikidata and the English Wikivoyage, promoting both due process and sensible solutions to problems. As my work spanned over more projects, I took an interest in crosswiki affairs, and became an administrator here on Meta as well as a global sysop. My passion is helping people discover the joys of editing multiple projects, as well as improving relations between projects and the greater Wikimedia environment. If elected, I will focus on access management and countervandalism, though I have experience in many other steward areas, such as oversight requests. I can offer high availability in the hours where stewards are currently not very active. I have some understanding of the Spanish language, and am experienced in fighting vandalism and spam in languages that I do not understand through my work on the Small Wiki Monitoring Team. Finally, I believe in communication, collaboration, and transparency between stewards, CheckUsers and oversighters on other wikis, and the community at large, as we all must work together to remain effective in carrying out the mission of Wikimedia, as well as to maintain accountability for our actions. I agree to abide by the relevant policies, and am familiar with them through my work as a SPI clerk and oversighter, as well as making requests to stewards, oversighters, and CheckUsers across Wikimedia.
Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#Rschen7754
- Languages: es, nl, en-3, fr-2
- Personal info: I'm Savh and I hereby would like to present my candidacy for the 2014 steward elections. I registered on the Dutch Wikipedia nearly four years ago, but I became active on the Spanish Wikipedia where I was elected an administrator (& bureaucrat, both rights are granted as one) in April 2011. I am active in global counter-vandalism, being both a global rollbacker and global sysop since February and July 2011, respectively. Aside from eswiki, I am an administrator here on Meta and on the Spanish Wikibooks. I am also regularly active as a member of the OTRS team. Having worked in cross-wiki countervandalism for three years, I have often required stewards for various tasks, and I am aware and respect the policies guiding the usage of the tools and confidential information. I have also been an active bureaucrat on eswiki, where I have experience granting rights and in renaming users, having performed over 180 renames over there. I speak both Spanish and Dutch fluently, English at a decent level, and I can defend myself in French. I live within the CET time zone, though my hours of activity can vary. I had a busy period last summer, but I have since recovered to my usual activity levels. Whilst not having any experience with Checkuser or Oversighter rights, I am aware of the policies regarding their usage and the general use of steward tools. As I have always done, if I don't know what to do, I'll ask for help. I would like to thank you for your consideration and for taking the time to read through my statement. If you have any questions or doubts, please let me know.
Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#Savh
- Languages: ta-N, en-3
- Personal info: Hi All, I am Shanmugam from Tamil Nadu, India. I registered as a user in 2009 and became an active contributor in 2011. I mainly contribute to Tamil Wikipedia where I am an administrator, as well as on mediawiki.org, where most of my contributions are related to countervandalism activities. I also occasionally edit Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata and the English language Wikipedia. Also on the English language Wikipedia, most of my contributions are related to countervandalism work. In early 2012, I've joined the SWMT and started countervandalism work across all Wikimedia wikis. After a year, in January 2013, I became a global sysop which helps me a lot with this kind of global countervandalism work. Unfortunately, there aren't many active stewards online in my time zone, so I've decided to nominate myself for stewardship this year. On IRC, I'm mostly available in channels like #cvn-sw, #wikimedia-stewards or #wikimedia-gs, which would also allow me to handle emergency requests there if elected. As a steward, I plan to focus mainly on global countervandalism work (including global blocks or locks), as that falls in my current field of activity anyway. Furthermore, I could also imagine to handle user right requests. If I get elected as steward, I agree to abide by the different policies that governs the usage of steward tools. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thank you for your consideration. Regards, Shanmugamp7 (talk) 14:02, 16 January 2014 (UTC)
Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#Shanmugamp7
- Languages: nl-N, en-3, fr-2, de-2
- Personal info: I started editing the Dutch Wikipedia back in 2006. Later I became active on MetaWiki and the Wikimedia Incubator, primarily to help the creation of new language versions, which has given me experience with small language communities. Consequently I became a member of the Language Committee. To help me with cross-wiki tasks, I became a global sysop in 2011. I have also been an active MediaWiki developer, primarily for internationalisation of the software, for which I have been active on translatewiki.net as well. I have also been active on projects like the English Wikipedia, English Wiktionary, … Nowadays I am also active on Wikidata (where I am an administrator). I was reluctant to run for steward because I have not been as active lately on Meta-related tasks and issues as I would like to be, but fellow Wikimedians convinced me to submit my candidacy anyway because of my experience in the Wikimedia projects. I think this makes sense; it is more important that others can trust a steward and are sure that he will use the tools wisely regardless of the level of activity. I hope others feel so about me; and in any case I plan to become more active again from now on. I will help with handling steward requests where possible, as well as be available on the IRC channel for help. I agree to abide by the policies governing steward access, checkuser access, oversight access, and privacy. Thank you for your consideration.
Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#SPQRobin
- Languages: pl-N, en-3, fr-2 and la-2
- Personal info:
Wiki: I've been an active editor since 2010. On plwiki (my home wiki), I have sysop permissions and am a current (re-elected) member of the local Arbitration Committee. I'm an active member of the local chapter and its Wikigrants Committee (btw, I'm a sysop at pl.wikimedia, too). I have already been familiar with small wikis (for ex. pl.voy - where I have my 3rd mop). My sysop actions depend on the wiki in question. On plwiki, where I am the most active and try to be exceptionally friendly, I rather don't block and prefer gnome-sysop jobs like deleting, merging, responding to sysop requests on an appropriate page, sometimes watching RC and submitting OS requests. On pl.wikimedia, I check RC out regularly. If it comes to cross-wiki vandalisms & global blocks, many of you may remember Wikinger, pl-N user, and his numerous harmful actions. In his case, I was advising Wpedzich whether to block over 450000 IP adresses or not and how to explain the situation to Polish media, our community and users who may suffer from collateral damage. I can be easily reached on 2 IRC channels: #wikipedia-pl and #wikimedia-pl. If I am elected, I'll be certainly available on #wikimedia-stewards. Languages: So far, I have more to do with static language activities, than active talking with people, creating own statements, etc. If I've made a mistake here, I'm really sorry and I ensure you that my understanding of texts in foreign languages is definitely better :) Off-wiki: I live in Poland, which is CE(S)T timezone. I study law (finishing: 4th year out of 5) and I major in intellectual property law. More info about me - on my userpage.
Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#Tar Lócesilion
- Languages: nl, en-4, de-1
- Personal info: Hi there. I am TBloemink and I'd like to be a candidate in the 2014 Steward Elections. I registered in 2009 but never got active. I really started editing in March 2010, and have been active ever since (with a few breaks). I became active on nl.wikipedia, where I became an administrator in November 2011. Later, started patrolling edits outside nlwiki. I already joined the SWMT and became global rollbacker in January 2012 (diff for transparity), and global sysop in February 2013(diff). Both these tools have been really helpful fighting crosswiki vandalism and doing other tasks like fighting spambots. I have asked the stewards' help for these to get these locked and IP's global blocked, checks done and such. I am also an administrator on Wikidata, where I help out with the requests for deletion. I love to help people around on IRC and on-wiki and therefore I am also a member of the e-mail response team for info-nl (otrs). I'd like to help the Wikimedia wiki's in every way I can and like, and I'd like to join the stewards' team so I can help out and protect these wiki's and their users even easier (for example, spambot and/or vandalism attacks and checkusers done), and of course continue to fight vandalism like I already did. I have read the policies, understand and respect these, and will abide by them. I can be found on various IRC channels like #wikipedia-nl, #cvn-sw and #wikimedia-stewards and I can be reached by e-mail very easily and most time of the day. If in any doubt, I will ask another steward for assistance. Some people might note my activity: in my opinion I am active enough to do stuff without problems. If real-life problems which obstruct my work as a steward do come up, I will voluntarily step down, or leave a notice on my user page (in other words, I won't be gone without a notice). Also, because I still have classes, sometimes I am not able to edit, but am able to do requests like SRP and global (b)locks. If you do have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#TBloemink
- Languages: en-N, fr-1
- Personal info: Hello, my name is Techman224, and have been editing since May 2007. I started out on the English Wikipedia, where I first got introduced to counter-vandalism, and where I first got rollback. In late 2008 I started to get involved in CVN and SWMT. As time went on, I started to get involved in other projects. In February 2012 I became an administrator on Wikimedia Commons, and in early January 2013, I became an administrator on Wikidata. This brings me experience with multilingual projects. I also have done various other activities. I'm also an OTRS agent, working mostly in permissions. I have done some work with the Mediawiki software and even done a few commits in Gerrit. I also help deal with bugs on Bugzilla when I encounter one. If I become a steward I could help with cross wiki vandalism and spamming, which I currently report on Meta and in the #wikimedia-stewards channel. Being able to globally block cross wiki spammers and vandals would help me greatly. I'm also comfortable with the Abuse Filter, which will come in handy when Global Abuse Filters are enabled on more wikis. I use it on both Commons and Wikidata, and it would help greatly against spambots. I also hang out on IRC, so I would be able to help with requests from there as well. I'm also open to doing other steward activities like Permissions and doing some Checkuser queries. I agree to follow all relevant policies that come with the tools, and I will be submitting my identification before the deadline. Thank you, Techman224Talk 18:40, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2014/Questions#Techman224