|Language committee (contact page about requests)|
Please add any questions or feedback to the language committee here on this page.
|* Please add new topics to the bottom of this page.
Archives of this page
See also: Requests for new languages/Archives
- 1 Livvi-Karelian Wiki (olo)
- 2 Ancient Greek Wikisource
- 3 Requests for new language/Wikipedia Bodo
- 4 Who can hold up CasetteTapeMaster and his IP socks?
- 5 Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Khowar
- 6 Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Tunica
- 7 Requests for new languages/WikiversityTelugu
- 8 Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Ingush
Livvi-Karelian Wiki (olo)
Подскажите, как быть дальше. На данном этапе в Olo-wiki около 1000 статей, активная работа продолжается. Как нам выйти из инкубатора? There is about 1000 articles in Wiki-OLO. What we should do next? - Ilja.mos
Ancient Greek Wikisource
I have just accidentally discovered that the request for Ancient Greek Wikisource had been verified as eligible project. The only condition is that English will be the default language for the interface.
I guess this status for the Ancient Greek Wikisource is still valid. But what is standing on the way to receive the final approval.
- Ousia there does not seem to be any active community there, and even more problematic is the fact that it's not really ancient Greek but mostly modern Greek. However, there is an ancient Greek Wikipedia incubator that is content rich, has strong support and is community engaged (see below). Gts-tg (talk) 06:24, 1 October 2016 (UTC)
- The problem is the lack of activity. It seems there are only 5 pages so far. --MF-W 01:28, 6 October 2016 (UTC)
Requests for new language/Wikipedia Bodo
Please process my request, click here:https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/brx to bodo Wikipedia test.
Bodo is a language of Northeastern India. The language is official in Bodoland and co-official in Assam state of India.
- Native Speakers: 1,500,000
- Internet Users: 500,000
- Wikipedia Users: 100,000
This is valid info of bodo language.
So, please accept my request for Bodo Wikipedia.
Who can hold up CasetteTapeMaster and his IP socks?
They are all vandaling rfl and incubator pages, creating a number of nonsense Wp/(code) pages. --22.214.171.124 11:48, 29 November 2016 (UTC)
- Maybe you should report them to the Incubator admins? --MF-W 21:16, 29 November 2016 (UTC)
Dear members of Language committee, your kind attention is drawn as under:-
- The all messages has already been localized please check here
- No untranslated message is available here 
- Most core message has already been translated here 
- Please check the Khowar language contributors here
- Please check the main category here 
- Please check the recent changes in khowar wikipedia here
- Please check all changes in Khowar Wikipedia here 
- Please check Khowar Wiki request at Meta here
- This is active project 
- Please check the Main Page of Khowar Wikipedia here
- Please check the Khowar Text Editor i.e. Khowar Keyboard created by Rehmat Aziz Chitrali here 
- Kindly check the automated statistics of Khowar wikipedia here
- Please check the list of 134 khowar editors here 
- @StevenJ81:,@Ernesztina:,@Ibrahim khashrowdi:,@Amir E. Aharoni:,@Antony D. Green:,@Bèrto 'd Sèra:, @Carlos Manuel Colina:,@Gerard Meijssen:,@Jon Harald Søby:,@Maria Fanucchi:,@MF-Warburg:,@Michael Everson:,@Milos Rancic:,@Oliver Stegen:,@Robin Pepermans:,@Santhosh Thottingal:,@Shanel Kalicharan:,@Zacharias Diakonikolaou:,@Ascánder:,@Huib Laurens:,@Jesse Plamondon-Willard:,@Michal Zlatkovský:,@Sabine Cretella:,@Tangotango:,@Yair rand:,@Ibrahim khashrowdi:,@Csisc:,@Justin:,@OWTB:,@Hydriz:,@GerardM:,@Danny B:,@Ebe123:,@SPQRobin:,@Kaganer:,@Koroğlu:,@Oldstoneage:,@Universal Life:,@Kamazina:,@Bachounda:,@Masssly:,@Franz710:,@WKDx417:,@Ali Saki:,@Angpradesh:,@Ochilov:,@Лорд Бъмбъри:,@Omda4wady:,@Sfic:,@Imdadb:,@Mashoi7:,@1AnuraagPandey:,@ⲁϩⲙⲉⲧ:,@Cedric tsan cantonais:,@Patronus95:,@देवराज पौडेल:,@Katxis:,@콩가루:,@Илья Драконов:,@Charidri:,@Maathavan:,@राम प्रसाद जोशी:,@Ilja.mos:,,@Aabdullayev851:@Girmitya: @Ghiutun: and @Mogoeilor: We have already completed the requirements for approval of new wikipedia in khowar language spoken in Chitral, Swat, Ghizer(Gilgit Baltistan), Afghanistan, India and Xinjiang of China. Now we need your prayers, support and help for early approval and creation, With profound regards--04:12, 4 December 2016 (UTC)
We've recently started an incubator project for a Tunica-language wikipedia. The language, though listed as dormant by some sites, is not in fact dormant, but is in the process of being revitalized (as can be seen at the Endangered Languages Catalogue and on the Tunica Language wikipedia page itself). Teaching materials, children's books, and other writings are available and the language is being taught to children and adults alike on the Tunica-Biloxi reservation. Despite this, I have been thus far unsuccessful in getting translatewiki to enable translation of wikipedia interface elements, their rationale being that the language is not eligible. They implied that langcom would not consider Tunica eligible, despite the facts above. We're working gathering more editors (we already have at least three and hope to have 6 or 7 soon) and increasing the frequency of article creation.
Requests for new languages/WikiversityTelugu
Hello, I would like wikiversity in Telugu because the state of Andhra Pradesh has less educated people. It is also not easy to access free content. So I request whoever is the manager to create it.Saikirantangirala (talk) 11:51, 14 December 2016 (UTC)
Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Ingush
Please help Wp/inh! For a long time our project remained inactive. However, during more than a year, the project is actively developing. We have done a lot in that time. We have nearly 1,000 articles. Made categorization, develop templates, and more. Wikipedia Ingush was launched in test mode in 2007. Almost 10 years! Please pay attention to our section. Ingush Wikipedia has a right to be approved and have its own domain. We Hope for your help. Sincerely, Adam-Yourist (talk) 05:46, 16 January 2017 (UTC)