|Language committee (contact page about requests)|
Please add any questions or feedback to the language committee here on this page.
Archives of this page
See also: Requests for new languages/Archives
- 1 Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Khowar
- 2 Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Telugu
- 3 Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Ingush
- 4 Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Bodo
- 5 Language committee/Status/wp/shn
- 6 Clerking comment/request
- 7 Language committee/Status/wp/khw
- 8 Proposals for closing projects
- 9 Stuck in the Incubator
- 10 Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Hindi
Dear members of Language committee, your kind attention is drawn as under:-
- The all messages has already been localized please check here
- No untranslated message is available here 
- Most core message has already been translated here 
- Please check the Khowar language contributors here
- Please check the main category here 
- Please check the recent changes in khowar wikipedia here
- Please check all changes in Khowar Wikipedia here 
- Please check Khowar Wiki request at Meta here
- This is active project 
- Please check the Main Page of Khowar Wikipedia here
- Please check the Khowar Text Editor i.e. Khowar Keyboard created by Rehmat Aziz Chitrali here 
- Kindly check the automated statistics of Khowar wikipedia here
- Please check the list of 134 khowar editors here 
- @StevenJ81:,@Ernesztina:,@Ibrahim khashrowdi:,@Amir E. Aharoni:,@Antony D. Green:,@Bèrto 'd Sèra:, @Carlos Manuel Colina:,@Gerard Meijssen:,@Jon Harald Søby:,@Maria Fanucchi:,@MF-Warburg:,@Michael Everson:,@Milos Rancic:,@Oliver Stegen:,@Robin Pepermans:,@Santhosh Thottingal:,@Shanel Kalicharan:,@Zacharias Diakonikolaou:,@Ascánder:,@Huib Laurens:,@Jesse Plamondon-Willard:,@Michal Zlatkovský:,@Sabine Cretella:,@Tangotango:,@Yair rand:,@Ibrahim khashrowdi:,@Csisc:,@Justin:,@OWTB:,@Hydriz:,@GerardM:,@Danny B:,@Ebe123:,@SPQRobin:,@Kaganer:,@Koroğlu:,@Oldstoneage:,@Universal Life:,@Kamazina:,@Bachounda:,@Masssly:,@Franz710:,@WKDx417:,@Ali Saki:,@Angpradesh:,@Ochilov:,@Лорд Бъмбъри:,@Omda4wady:,@Sfic:,@Imdadb:,@Mashoi7:,@1AnuraagPandey:,@ⲁϩⲙⲉⲧ:,@Cedric tsan cantonais:,@Patronus95:,@देवराज पौडेल:,@Katxis:,@콩가루:,@Илья Драконов:,@Charidri:,@Maathavan:,@राम प्रसाद जोशी:,@Ilja.mos:,,@Aabdullayev851:@Girmitya: @Ghiutun: and @Mogoeilor: We have already completed the requirements for approval of new wikipedia in khowar language spoken in Chitral, Swat, Ghizer(Gilgit Baltistan), Afghanistan, India and Xinjiang of China. Now we need your prayers, support and help for early approval and creation, With profound regards--04:12, 4 December 2016 (UTC)
- Being a linguist and inventor or forty languages software and a test admin in this wiki project i request the all respectable members of LangCom. All requirements has already been completed but the project is still waiting for approval. I request the LangCom to consider its approval as early as possible. With profound regards --Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 13:40, 3 February 2017 (UTC)
Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Telugu
Hello, I would like wikiversity in Telugu because the state of Andhra Pradesh has less educated people. It is also not easy to access free content. So I request whoever is the manager to create it.Saikirantangirala (talk) 11:51, 14 December 2016 (UTC)
- @Saikirantangirala: The Language Committee does not create the content of Wikiversities (or any other projects). Follow the instructions at Language committee/Handbook (requesters) to put in a formal request for this project, and then go to Beta Wikiversity to start creating content. Assign such pages to Category:TE. In fact, there appears to be one Telugu language page already there. StevenJ81 (talk) 00:40, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Ingush
Please help Wp/inh! For a long time our project remained inactive. However, during more than a year, the project is actively developing. We have done a lot in that time. We have nearly 1,000 articles. Made categorization, develop templates, and more. Wikipedia Ingush was launched in test mode in 2007. Almost 10 years! Please pay attention to our section. Ingush Wikipedia has a right to be approved and have its own domain. We Hope for your help. Sincerely, Adam-Yourist (talk) 05:46, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
- Support. --Дагиров Умар (talk) 10:52, 26 January 2017 (UTC)
- Support. It will soon be 10 years since launched a test project Ingush Wikipedia... And for the all last year, this project is very active. Check. --Assiyala (talk) 08:32, 31 January 2017 (UTC)
Please process my request, click here: https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/brx to bodo Wikipedia test.
Bodo is a language of Northeastern India. The language is official in Bodoland and co-official in Assam state of India. on 25 January, 2017 the request has been verified as eligible.
- Native Speakers: 1,500,000
- Internet Users: 500,000
- Wikipedia Users: 100,000
This is valid info of bodo language.
So, please accept my request for Bodo Wikipedia. please don't neglect, do reply Nijwmsa Boro 08:42, 31 January 2017 (UTC)
- Language and project marked as eligible. At this point, you have to continue to create content at the Incubator test project (Wp/brx). StevenJ81 (talk) 00:44, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
I would like to request for status update for Language committee/Status/wp/shn. That page was last updated 04 September 2011. The shn test wiki is now ~3000 articles. Ninja✮Strikers «☎» 12:25, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
- @Satdeep Gill:, @Santhosh.thottingal: Please review the test wiki for the final approval. Thanks. Ninja✮Strikers «☎» 10:56, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
I have four test projects at Incubator using invalid language codes that I must nevertheless leave open by policy because there are still open RFLs here. I would like to request that Langcom close these requests so that I can move to close and delete the tests on Incubator.
- Wikipedia Sichuanese Mandarin (Wp/scm). The RFL has mostly been dormant since 2012. The Incubator test project is empty; it was apparently moved to Wikia by the end of August 2011.
- Wikipedia Prekmurian (Wp/pkm). This is described in the enwiki article as a "supradialectal regional variety of Slovene". A request at SIL for a language code was rejected in 2012. The last edit on this RFL happened in 2013. The Incubator test project is empty.
- Wiktionary Lingwa de Planeta (Wt/lpl). There was a flurry of activity on this test in mid-2014, and since then almost no activity (except for a little recent clerking). There has been only one non-clerking edit to the RFL since 2015. SIL rejected the code request in 2014. There seems to be some active dictionary work going on elsewhere; see http://www.lingwadeplaneta.info/en/. Finally, for what it's worth, the principal contributor to the test, now writing under a different user name, gave permission to go ahead and close. See my talk page at Incubator.
- Wikipedia Frainc-comtou (Wp/x-fc). Neither the test nor the RFL has been active since 2011, other than clerking. The edit history of the root page for the test suggests that an application was made for a language code, but I never found evidence that ever happened. I could potentially have seen this one as going "on hold" instead of being rejected, except that to the best of my knowledge it's considered a dialect of Francoprovençal (Arpitan), not a language in its own right.
Once Langcom closes these RFL pages, I will mark the two empty tests as closed-rejected on Incubator. I will list the two tests with content at Incubator's RFD page, and presumably after ten days will archive and delete those tests as well.
- One additional information: Do we still remember the Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Montenegrin 5? This is also a vandalized request: CasetteTapeMaster and a number of his IPs are assigning codes only based on their "brains", which @Jalexander-WMF: shouldn't them be officially global banned? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 10:51, 13 February 2017 (UTC)
Sir, please check the status of Language committee/Status/wp/khw and update the date and other sections by checking the requirements as we have already completed the all tasks which are required for approval of a new wiki--Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 07:41, 4 February 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, Raki: Langcom is becoming more active again after having been quiet for a while. I'll also try to nudge them along a little on this one, as you and your team have been working hard. But they may still need a little time to get to this, so please continue to be patient. Thanks. StevenJ81 (talk) 00:05, 5 February 2017 (UTC)
There are stalled requests at Proposals for closing projects, some of them open since some years already. Can the commitee please address all of them? Thanks, —MarcoAurelio 20:13, 6 February 2017 (UTC)
Stuck in the Incubator
Please can someone explain why the Kabiye (kbp) Wikipedia is still in the incubator? This Wikipedia was initiated in June 2014, and since then has been steadily growing with daily contributions from a small group of dedicated volunteers. It now has over 850 articles, many of which have graphics, infoboxes categories and links. The 500 most used interface messages have been translated. The Kabiye Wikipedia has many more articles, and more depth than other minority African languages that have made it onto the real platform. Ghiutun made a Request for a new language in May 2016 which I seconded, but there's been no reply. Kabiye does not even appear on the scroll-down list on this page. What more do we need to do? We're feeling invisible and fed up. Gnangbade (talk) 20:25, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
- (Note: I fixed some links above because they were broken.) I can't really speak for the Language Committee. But I know they've been working to catch up on things. I'll certainly try to move them along; you have a very valid request here. Meanwhile, I'll ask for your continued patience. As far as the drop-down list goes, that seems hard-coded somewhere; I'll try to find out. StevenJ81 (talk) 20:42, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
- Marked as eligible on 8 February. More progress probably coming soon ... StevenJ81 (talk) 20:57, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
Sir, I want to ask only Question. Is World's 4th largest spoken language not eligible. See Wikiversity Lithuanian, Wikiversity Tajik, Wikiversity Korean, Wikiversity Japanese 2, in recently Wikiversity Czech get final approval with 53 articles, categories, templates, and talk pages and 631 revisions (including 287 minor edits). And one and only ] which have only one editor. Hindi language have already his sister project hi.wikipedia.org, hi.wikibooks.org etc. Please summarize this and take action upon Wikiversity Hindi. Thank you --Jayprakash12345 (talk) 22:52, 12 February 2017 (UTC)
- The Language Committee does not create the content for new projects. If you want a Hindi Wikiversity, you need to start a test project at Beta Wikiversity. When there's enough content there, you can apply to have a full Hindi Wikiversity spun off. StevenJ81 (talk) 23:22, 12 February 2017 (UTC)
Dear Stevan Sir, The Content on Hindi Wikiversity at Beta wikiversity is campartable to Czech wikiversity. But Czech have its sperate project now. The nominated hindi wikiversity have about 5 year ago. How much content required for sperate. And where we can apply for sperate project. Sir at least change his status discussion to eligible --Jayprakash12345 (talk) 09:19, 13 February 2017 (UTC)
- There's no reason this shouldn't be eligible. Someone from the Language Committee needs to flip that switch, but I'll see if I can nudge them a little. They're catching up on a backlog of work right now. StevenJ81 (talk) 14:32, 13 February 2017 (UTC)
@StevenJ81 and MF-Warburg: Sir, Thank you very much. Sir I want to ask one question more. Please can you tell about where we can request for separate project when the test wiki crossed about 5000 edits and 400 pages.--Jayprakash12345 (talk) 18:30, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
- Number of pages matters more than number of edits, as long as the pages are good ones. When you think the project is big enough, make note of that on the same request page, and drop a note here to the talk page as well. StevenJ81 (talk) 18:34, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
- What's most important is continuous activity by at least several users over at least several months. --MF-W 01:41, 15 February 2017 (UTC)