Tremendous Wiktionary User Group/Wikimedia Summit 2019
This vote is now closed.
Info-farmer is selected to represent the user group at the Summit.
This page is to select the representative of the Tremendous Wiktionary User Group to Wikimedia Summit 2019 in Berlin, 29 March – 2 April 2019 (also known as "Wikimedia Conference" or "Chapters Meeting"). The Wiktionary Community User Group is allowed to one representative (given that the condition of eligibility are met).
- Registration for the Summit closes on Monday at midnight CET, December 17, 2018.
Everyone is welcome to be candidate, but they should have very good knowledge of the Wiktionary Community and being able to travel to the Summit (availability, passport, visa, etc.). Please propose the names, support or objections for the candidates proposed.
I am proposing the name of @Info-farmer: to represent Tremendous wiktionary User Group in Wikimedia Summit. He is one of the most experienced Wikimedia volunteer in India, and a dedicated Tamil wikitionary guy. He not only worked in Tamil wiktionary but also work closely with other language communities such as the Kannada, Telugu, Punjabi, Bengali wikisource to mention the least. He is closely observing the developments happing around other global wiktionary project. Recently he underwent training sessions on lexemes in wikidata conducted by Ijon. He is observing the happening of lexeme work. So guess he has a opinion and approach with regards to the future roadmap for wiktionary projects. His participation in the strategy sessions in the summit would be beneficial to the community I hope, he will confirm from his side to agree with this proposal. -- Balajijagadesh (talk) 18:20, 15 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support. Being a nominator of Info-farmer I support him. -- Balajijagadesh (talk) 18:20, 15 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support Info-farmer is passionate about Indic Wiktionaries. I believe he would bring very good strategy to develop Wiktionaries around the world. --Gopala Krishna A (talk) 04:23, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support He is a dedicated user. I support him -Neechalkaran (talk) 04:32, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Nandhinikandhasamy (talk) 04:36, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Ranjithsiji (talk) 05:57, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Mujeebcpy (talk) 06:05, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support He has been doing great work in supporting Indic Wiktionary communities. --Satdeep Gill (talk) 07:06, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support Noé (talk) 07:56, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Ambadyanands (talk) 08:43, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support--His contribution is excellent--Thamizhpparithi Maari (talk) 09:13, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Strong supportI think he can do well in representating this User group globally with his great experience and passion. Wikilover90 (talk) 10:47, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Kaartic correct me, if i'm wrong 13:08, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Info former is very passionate and experienced. --Pavan santhosh.s (talk) 14:06, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support -- Stalinjeet Brar (talk) 15:55, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support He is a dedicated user and doing great work in supporting Indic Wiktionary communities. I support him.--Parvathisri (talk) 17:21, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support I support him --Tshrinivasan (talk) 02:15, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Bodhisattwa (talk) 03:32, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support because he is very hard working-Jayprakash >>> Talk 03:35, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support The user has inspired many Wikimedians who are now longtime contributors. He also actively takes part in the outreach activities and proactively use his learning to improve his contributions and also share with others. KCVelaga (talk) 11:00, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support I am not able to evaluate the personal merits of Info-farmer. I think however that it is important that Wiktionary will be represented and from a language point of view it is has strategic value to give a stronger voice to the Indic communities. --MarcoSwart (talk) 11:06, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Satpal Dandiwal (talk) 13:52, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
I am proposing myself and I got message HERE on Sindhi Wiktionary Community Portal I have been contributing on Sindhi Wikipedia and Sindhi Wiktionary. I am admin (sysop) at Sindhi Wikipedia. I have organised three Wikipedia workshops in Sindh, Pakistan about Sindhi Wikipedia Awareness & Training Workshops, I have been promoting Wikipedia, Sindhi Wikipedia and WMF projects in Sindh, Pakistan through social media sites i.e. Facebook, YouTube and print & electronic media i.e. KTN News television, Radio Pakistan. I have been interviewed by Radio Voice of Sindh London, Radio Pakistan and KTN News. I am Wikipedia trainer, editor. If selected, this would be the first time for any Sindhi Wikimedian to represent our Sindhi Wikipedia, Sindhi Wiktionary community on Wikimedia Summit 2019. I am software developer as well as Android apps developer. I intends to represent my community in this summit and also wants to learn something new alike. Thanks JogiAsad (talk) 00:05, 18 December 2018 (UTC)
- « Affiliates are asked to only send delegates that are well-informed in goings-on at the affiliate, able to confidently answer questions about it and share experience from their group. » per Wikimedia Summit 2019/Eligibility Criteria