Wiktionary/Tremendous Wiktionary User Group
This group aims to facilitate communication within communities, develop collaborations, promote Wiktionaries and coordinate technical improvements. Also, it aims to encourage contributors to write proposal for grants to fulfill their needs, mainly to set-up meetup or conferences.
- Attractiveness – publicize Wiktionary's content, increase the linkage with other collaborative projects and with institutions (lexicographers, linguists, editors, …), with two main focus: education and language diversity.
- Share information – collect and keep track of publications about Wiktionaries and enhance tools based on lexicographical data. Promote collaborations, talks and milestones of the projects.
- Improve internal communication – share reflexive thinking about the project, educational content and visual material to promote Wiktionaries (banner, leaflet, guides,…)
- To a lexical database – collect thoughts and suggestions to include Wiktionary into Wikidata and be a driving force into the technological evolution of Wiktionary.
- LexiSession – organize shared sessions with Wiktionarians from different communities to improve collectively all projects at the same time.
- WiktiCon – organize meet-ups, conventions, trainings or classes for beginners. Also, offer for Wiktionarians to visit institutions or other contributors, in residence or for small projects.
Brief history of the TWUG
A need to gather Wiktionarian contributors emerge in Lyon, in 2015. A local group of contributors, started to communicate about their beloved project, wrote a monthly news page on Wiktionary, Actualités and organized a monthly appointment focus on Wiktionary . They made a presentation of their path at Wikimania 2016, titled How the French Wiktionary became a grown-up project. Then, they held an informal meeting about Wiktionary the same day (June 2016), to which 23 people came and formed the foundation for this group. Plenty of goals have been explored during Wikimania 2016 including to form this group. This page, and the possibility of having a group also have been influenced by Wikisource Community User Group and The Wikinewsie Group. It is still on progress, so feel free to comment on every aspect of this page. Keep in mind that this page is translated into other languages, so be specific when you add or remove something to help translators.
This group is open to anyone who contributes to or is fond of Wiktionary. There is no prerequisite to joining.
Discussions will mainly be in Meta and translate as much as possible. For now on, we do not plan to use the mailing-list
At the beginning, this group is without hierarchy between contributors. We hope to treat all languages equally, despite the fact that translations will probably be made in few languages. If this group grows in size, we may consider establishing local referees with short term mandates and a few responsibilities. Decisions will apply with a lack of protestation or with a consensus depending on the topic in concern.
- Tremendous Wiktionary User Group September 2016
- Noé (fr.wikt)
- Benoît Prieur (fr.WP, fr.wikt, fr.WV, Commons,…)
- Delarouvraie (fr.wikt)
- Lyokoï (fr.wikt, Commons, WS)
- Jberkel (en.wikt, pt.wikt)
- psychoslave (fr.wikt, eo.wikt)
- Lydia Pintscher (WD)
- Thiemo Mättig (WD)
- Daniel Kinzler (WD)
- Epantaleo (en.wikt)
- Ariel1024 (he.wikt)
- Otourly (fr.wikt, fr.WP, Commons, fr.WS,...)
- VIGNERON (fr.wikt, WS, WD,…)
- Shavtay (he.wikt)
- TaronjaSatsuma (ca.wikt)
- Rodelar (es.WP, WD)
- Marcmiquel (ca.wikt)
- Xenophôn (fr.WP)
- Jitrixis (fr.WP, WD)
- Xabier Cañas (eu.wikt)
- Nattes à chat (fr.WP)
- LaMèreVeille (fr.WP)
- GastelEtzwane (fr.WP)
- Rich Farmbrough (en.wikt)
- Ernest-Mtl (WS)
- tpt (WS, WD)
- M0tty (fr.WP)
- Nemo (it.quote, Meta, twn)
- Pamputt (fr.wikt, WD)
- Thibaut120094 (fr.wikt)
- JackPotte (fr.wikt)
- Trizek (WMF) (talk) (WMF, watcher)
- Sebleouf (fr.WP)
- Kimdime (fr.WP)
- S The Singer (talk) (fr.WP, fr.wikt, de.WP, de.wikt, en.WP, en.wikt, Commons, fr.Wikisource, fr.Wikiquote, and interested in kotava)
- Amqui (fr.wikt, fr.wikivoy, fr.wp)
- LA2 (en.wikt, ru.wikt, sv.wikt, da.wikt, sv.wikipedia)
- Satdeep Gill (pa.wikt, pa.wp, Commons)
- Micru (WD, WS)
- Vive la Rosière (WT fr-en, WS fr, commons)
- Malaysiaboy (ms.wikt & cross-language)
- Stalinjeet (pa.wikt, pa.wp, Commons)