Please note that as of 10 September 2020, the COVID-19 Risk Assessment protocol for in-person gatherings is available for affiliates and individual organizers. This protocol is designed to be sensitive to the constantly changing circumstances around this pandemic, and will allow potential grantees and community members to assess their own ability to safely host events and activities. Continue reading this page for more information.
The COVID-19 pandemic is an ongoing pandemic which was first reported in December 2019 and was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization on 11 March 2020. Organized groups within the Wikimedia movement have been monitoring the situation since early 2020 and have taken a number of measures to help slow the spread of the pandemic.
වසංගතයට අපගේ අඛණ්ඩ ප්රතිචාරය ප්රසිද්ධියේ බෙදා ගැනීමට, අදාළ සම්පත් පිරිනැමීමට, සහ අපගේ ස්වේච්ඡා ප්රජාවන්ට වාර්තා කිරීමට, ලුහුබැඳීමට සහ ව්යාපාරය හරහා එහි බලපෑම නිරීක්ෂණය කිරීමට විකිමාධ්ය පදනම මෙම පිටුව නිර්මාණය කර ඇත. ඔබගේ විකිමාධ්ය ප්රජාවන්, අනුබද්ධිත ආයතන සහ අනෙකුත් සංවිධානාත්මක කණ්ඩායම් මෙම තත්ත්වයට ප්රතිචාර දක්වන ආකාරය පිළිබඳ තොරතුරු එක් කිරීමට කරුණාකර පදනම හා සම්බන්ධ වන්න. මාධ්ය විමසීම් සඳහා, කරුණාකර presswikimedia.org අමතන්න.
වත්මන් දළ විශ්ලේෂණය
2020 සැප්තැම්බර් 10 වන විට, විකිමීඩියා ව්යාපාරය COVID-19 වසංගතයට ප්රතිචාර වශයෙන් පහත සඳහන් මෙහෙයුම් ක්රියාමාර්ග ගෙන ඇත:
- Offline public events (in-person) may currently be funded through Wikimedia Foundation grant programs, provided that applicants complete the COVID-19 Risk Assessment protocol to determine that the overall level of risk associated with the funded activities is sufficiently low.
- විකිමීඩියා පදනමේ කාර්යාල ස්ථාන නැවත දැනුම් දෙන තුරු වසා ඇත.
- All Wikimedia Foundation staff are working remotely, as much as is possible.
- Office locations are being sanitized by professional cleaning crews.
- Wikimedia Foundation has shifted to a reduced work–week.
- Some staff may continue to work their usual schedules; However, current expectations are, that staff may work 20 hours a week, if necessary.
- සියලුම කාර්ය මණ්ඩල නිලධාරීන් සඳහා ඔවුන්ගේ සුපුරුදු වැඩ කාලසටහන් අනුව වැටුප් ගෙවනු ලැබේ.
- Normal sick–time requirements and limitations are being waived; Staff members who are ill, or are caring for ill family, may take the time–off as is necessary, to tend to themselves or their families.
- Members of our communities continue to actively update, maintain, and translate information relating to the pandemic, across each of our projects and in dozens of languages.
ගෝලීය සම්පත් සහ තොරතුරු
- බලපෑමට ලක් වූ රටවල් සහ COVID-19 රෝගීන් පෙන්වන සක්රිය සිතියම
- ලෝක සෞඛ්ය සංවිධානය (WHO)
දුරස්ථව වැඩ කිරීම සහ හමුවීම
- MediaWiki.org: රැස්වීමේ හොඳම භාවිතයන් (දුරස්ථ කාර්ය මණ්ඩලය ඇතුළුව)
- විකිව්යාපෘති දුරස්ථ සිදුවීම් සහභාගීත්වය
- වැඩ කිරීම සහ කැඳවීම දුරස්ථ ද්වාරය
COVID-19 වෛරසය පැතිරීම වැළැක්වීමට උපකාරී පියවර
- අවම වශයෙන් තත්පර 20ක්වත් සබන් සහ පිරිසිදු ජලය භාවිතා කිරීමෙන් හෝ 80% ඇල්කොහොල් අඩංගු අත් විෂබීජහරණ දියරයක් භාවිතා කිරීමෙන් ඔබේ දෑත් නිතර පිරිසිදු කිරීමෙන් ඔබව සනීපාරක්ෂාව කරන්න.
- ඔබ කිවිසුම් යන විට, කැස්ස සහ යවන විට නිතරම ඔබේ මුඛය වසා ගන්න. කැස්ස / කිවිසුම් යන කුඩා බිංදු වලින් වෛරස් වෙනත් තැනක පැතිර යා හැක.
- අනෙකුත් පුද්ගලයන්ගෙන් අවම වශයෙන් මීටර 2ක් (අඩි 6ක්) අන් අයගෙන් ආරක්ෂිත දුරක් පවත්වා ගන්න.
- ඔබේ සිරුරේ කොටස් සහ මුහුණ සහ ඔබ වටා ඇති වෙනත් වස්තූන් ස්පර්ශ කිරීමෙන් වළකින්න.
- සියලු දෙනාටම නිවසේ රැඳී සිටීමට දිරිගන්වනු ලබන අතර ඔබ එළියට යා යුත්තේ ඔබට වැදගත් වූ අවශ්යතාවයක් සඳහා පමණි. ඔබට උණ, කැස්ස, හිසරදය සහ පාචනය වැනි රෝග තිබේ නම් හෝ COVID-19 රෝග ලක්ෂණ ඇත්නම්, ඔබ හැකි නම් වහාම ළඟම ඇති රෝහල වෙත යා යුතුය.
- ඔබට අත්යාවශ්ය කාර්යයක් තිබේ නම් සහ ඔබේ නිවසින් පිටව ගොස් කොහේ හෝ යාමට අවශ්ය නම්, මුහුණු ආවරණයක් හෝ ඕනෑම ආකාරයක මුහුණු ආවරණයක් රැගෙන ඒමට අමතක නොකරන්න.
- නිතර ව්යායාම කිරීමෙන් සහ යෝගා කිරීමෙන්, සෞඛ්ය සම්පන්න සහ සෞඛ්ය සම්පන්න ජීවන රටාවක් පවත්වා ගැනීම, පලතුරු, එළවළු සහ විටමින්-සී වැනි සෞඛ්ය සම්පන්න ආහාර අනුභව කිරීම සහ පානය කිරීම.
- විෂබීජ නාශක පටක (Disinfectant tissues) භාවිතයෙන් බිම සහ අනෙකුත් පෘෂ්ඨයන් නිතිපතා පිරිසිදු කිරීමෙන් ඔබේ නිවස පිරිසිදු කර ගන්න.
විකිමීඩියා ව්යාපෘති සම්බන්ධ ප්රයත්න
කරුණාකර විකිමීඩියා ව්යාපෘති ප්රතිචාර දක්වන ආකාරය හෝ බාහිර ප්රයත්නයන් විකිමීඩියා වෙතින් ලැබෙන තොරතුරු භාවිතා කරන ආකාරය පිළිබඳ ඕනෑම තොරතුරක් පළ කරන්න.
හරස් විකි සහයෝගීතාව
- Phabricator: COVID-19 tag
- English Wikipedia
- Macedonian Wikipedia
- Initiative: #ОстаниДома и уредувај ја Википедија!
- ලිපිය: COVID-19 වසංගතය
විකිමාධ්ය දත්ත භාවිතා කිරීම
- Google හි තහවුරු කරන ලද කොරෝනා වයිරස් රෝගීන් පිළිබඳ සිතියම (COVID-19)
- ඉංග්රීසි විකිපීඩියාවේ 2019–20 කොරෝනා වයිරස් වසංගතය ලිපිය භාවිතා කිරීම
විකිමාධ්ය පදනමේ පණිවිඩ
As of 24 March 2020, the Wikimedia Foundation has publicly shared these messages regarding the COVID-19 pandemic:
- 10 September 2020: Introducing a new risk assessment tool and guidelines for in person gatherings
- 24 මාර්තු 2020: විකිමීඩියා සම්මන්ත්රණ ප්රදාන පිළිබඳ යාවත්කාලීන කිරීම
- 18 මාර්තු 2020: විකිමේනියා බැංකොක් 2021 දක්වා කල් දැමීම
- 15 March 2020: People First: Wikimedia’s Response to COVID-19
- 14 March 2020: Lightening the load and preparing for the future
- 12 March 2020: Wikimedia Foundation Grants for public events
- 12 March 2020: Joint Statement of the ESEAP Wikimania Organizing Team and Wikimania Steering Committee on COVID-19
- 6 March 2020: Wikimedia Foundation will close San Francisco office and encourage remote work for March 2020 amidst COVID-19 concerns
- Education team's response to COVID-19
- Wikimedia Foundation joins the Education Global Coalition
Information from movement affiliates and organized groups
Please post any announcements or information from Wikimedia movement affiliates or recognized groups.
- West Bengal Wikimedians User Group: All offline activities and projects organized and/or supported by the user group were suspended, effective from March 13, 2020 until September 15, 2020 (or until further notice).
- Wikimedia Bangladesh: To prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the health and safety of the members of the Wikimedia community, all offline activities (meetups, workshops, seminars) and in-person public events related to Wikimedia Bangladesh and its sub-regional communities have been suspended until further notice, effective from March 14, 2020. Simultaneously, the Bangla Wikipedia Annual Conference which was scheduled next April has been canceled.
- Hong Kong: All offline activities and projects organized by the user group were suspended, effective from 3 February, 2020 until further notice. Supported activities would be under discretion of the organizer. WikiEDU in HK is unaffected. Local organizers will contact respective organizations for updates related to WikiEDU in HK.
- Wikimedia España: All offline activities, including our annual assembly, are cancelled or postponed from 10 March 2020 until further notice, due to COVID-19 crisis in Spain. Volunteers, staff and broader community are encouraged to stay home, take care of themselves and edit Wikipedia or any of their sister projects through this Wikipedia page.
- Wikimedians of the Levant: All offline activities are suspended effectively from 20 March 2020 and until further notice. Editing workshops will be conducted online, while Education Program celebrations will be reduced to certificiate awards. The Annual Grant Plan will be revised in March through April to accommodate funding that is more relevant to the current circumstances (e.g. internet stipends). Online meetings will be held regularly on a monthly basis.
- Wikimedia Norge: Wikimedia Norge cancelled all travels, events and physical meetings effective from 12 March 2020. Online wiki meetups for volunteers will be held monthly. Wikimedia Norge’s employees will work from home for as long as Norwegian health authorities recommend it.
- Wikimédia France: All offline activities and projects organized and/or supported by the chapter are suspended until September 15, 2020.
We encourage you to use this page's talk page to discuss what you and your affiliate or organized group needs during this time. Information on potential assistance for needs identified in those discussions will be shared here.
නිතර අසන ප්රශ්න
What is being done about Wikimania?
Wikimania Bangkok is postponed until 2021. The hotel and venue will remain the same. There are no plans by the 2020 Wikimania hosts to organize a virtual, online event.
It was decided that Wikimania 2021 was to be held virtually. This took place on the 14th to 17th of August. The program can be seen here.
Are there recommendations extending beyond grant recipients?
The Wikimedia Foundation encourages everyone in the Wikimedia movement to consider how their planned activities, especially events, may impact the potential spread of COVID-19. While we are requiring that grant funds not be used for these events, we are strongly encouraging all affiliates and organized groups to similarly cancel or postpone any events they have scheduled between now and 15 September 2020 until the World Health Organization declares the COVID-19 pandemic over.
What about planned Wikimedia Foundation events?
All Wikimedia Foundation travel has been suspended until at least 1 June 2020. All events, off-sites, and in-person gatherings scheduled before 15 September 2020 for Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors, Board, and fundraising have been postponed or cancelled.
විකිමාධ්ය පදනමේ වත්මන් වැඩසටහන් සහ සැලසුම් සමඟ සිදුවන්නේ කුමක්ද?
The Wikimedia Foundation Leadership Team is reviewing all work for the Wikimedia Foundation and attempting to postpone or put on hold all non-essential work pending further assessment of the situation. We are aware that the needs and obligations of the Foundation may shift dramatically in the coming weeks and potentially months. We are taking this step in order to free up capacity and provide the necessary flexibility to address whatever demands may arise and ensure the public has access to the knowledge that can help everyone in these uncertain times. We are not abandoning any longterm commitments or goals. We will return to them and adjust our timelines accordingly as soon as the current situation allows.
How will the Wikimedia Foundation working 20 hours a week work?
We are only asking people to commit to working 50 percent of their normal hours. This is not a holiday. If people are able to work more normal hours, our mission needs them. But we are not tracking their time. We trust that people will give the time they can.
Why? We knew schools would be closing around the world, and a childcare stipend will not help when caregivers are unable to leave their homes. It is unreasonable and unrealistic to expect someone to be fully present, eight hours a day, when they have a three-year-old with crayons drawing on the wall, or an elderly parent who needs help navigating the stairs. We all have loved ones who need care, groceries that need purchasing, doctor’s appointments to keep, neighbors who need a phone call. And you know what? We trust our colleagues. People will work when they can, and when they can not, we trust they will be right.
විකිමීඩියා පදනම ප්රජාවට උපකාර කිරීම සඳහා දැනට කරන්නේ කුමක්ද?
In addition to providing support to our affiliates and organized groups receiving grant funding, we are also looking at ways we can support the additional online coordination which may be required to supplement our usual in-person efforts.
The work of the Wikimedia movement is perhaps more important now than ever before. However, our full potential in supporting the world during this time can only be achieved and maintained by a healthy and vibrant community. That will not happen if we do not all take into consideration what is necessary to support both ourselves and each other as individuals. While this good faith approach to communal support has always been a goal of our movement, the current circumstances require us all to make an even more intentional effort at self and community care.
විකිමීඩියා පදනම එහි කාර්ය මණ්ඩලයට සහ කොන්ත්රාත්කරුවන්ට සහාය වීමට දැනට කරන්නේ කුමක්ද?
The Wikimedia Foundation takes the responsibility of care for its over 375 staff and contractors very seriously. It has been a core value of the organization since our founding over fifteen years ago. Additionally, as an organization we have a responsibility to keep Wikipedia online and available for the world, especially in moments of crisis. A world that is changing requires changing how we work. In order to care for our staff and contractors as well as adapt to change as needed in the weeks and months ahead, we have taken a series of steps:
- We are accepting that we must adapt to evolving circumstances. The old normal is gone, and trying to make reality conform to last week or last month is not helpful or productive. We are filing away our careful annual planning, OKRs, and roadmaps. Trying to keep up with them is a recipe for stress and uncertainty, none of which help right now.
- We are focusing on the most mission-critical work. Wikipedia is a website, but Wikimedia is a community. There’s a saying, “come for the articles, stay for the people.” We thrive on meeting in person, haggling over our future, hugging it out, and closing down every social venue in sight. We have cancelled all near-term, in-person gatherings until WHO declares this pandemic over. These were painful decisions, but essential for public health and to give everyone certainty and clarity. No need to worry if that Hyderabad summit will be on in four months, and what visa needs people might have — we can all focus on more immediate concerns.
- We are protecting our health. The Foundation has been a distributed-work organization for years, with 70 percent of our colleagues working outside of our main office in San Francisco. As soon as we became aware of community transmission in California, we instituted a full work-from-home protocol. Our Washington, DC, office followed within a week. Our goal was to reduce staff exposure and improve health outcomes for the communities in which we work and live.
- We are lightening the load. Work is not the only thing on people’s minds right now. Their families, their bills, childcare and school closures, the economy… we are all trying to manage a lot. We want to reduce the cognitive strain on our colleagues so that people could take care of themselves and stay healthy. To do that:
- We are guaranteeing all contract and hourly workers full compensation for planned hours worked.
- We are waiving all sick days, so staff do not have to count or use PTO.
- We have moved to a halftime work expectation.
How long will the Wikimedia Foundation offices remain closed?
Wikimedia Foundation's San Francisco and Washington, DC offices are closed through at least 30 June 2020. We will be reviewing that decision towards the end of June and determining then if it should be extended.
How long will the Wikimedia Foundation's travel be suspended?
විකිමාධ්ය පදනම මීට පෙර අවම වශයෙන් 2020 ජූනි 1 වන දින දක්වා සියලු ගමන් අත්හිටුවා තිබුණි.
On 30 November 2021, it was announced by the Foundation that travel and convening could commence again, for staff, board members and volunteers, who would all be expected to adhere to the COVID-19 Travel & Expense Policy.
- "Introducing a new risk assessment tool and guidelines for in person gatherings", 10 September 2020.
- "Wikimedia Foundation Grants for public events", 12 March 2020
- "Postponing Wikimania Bangkok until 2021", 18 March 2020
- "Lightening the load and preparing for the future" (e-mail to all Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors), 14 March 2020
- Announcement on community mailing list of Indian Wikimedians, 13 March 2020
- Announcement on Wikimedia Bangladesh blog, 15 March 2020
- Wikimedia Community User Group Hong Kong Facebook announcement, 3 February 2020
- විකිමාධ්ය España බ්ලොග් අඩවියේ නිවේදනය, 2020 මාර්තු 13
- Announcement and activity changes on Wikimedia Levant mailing list.
- Announcement on Wikimedia Norge blog, 12 March 2020