User talk:Rogol Domedonfors/Archive 1
- 1 Welcome to Meta!
- 2 Per our earlier conversation
- 3 Re toc
- 4 Request for comments
- 5 What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
- 6 Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
- 7 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 8 Responding to your questions
- 9 Survey on content curation & review Inspire Campaign
- 10 Environmental impact
- 11 RfC notice: Designated space for editors to give and seek advice about topic bans and other sanctions
- 12 Re:Tone
- 13 IRC office hour for Wikimedia Foundation copyright strategy
- 14 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
Welcome to Meta!
Hello, Rogol Domedonfors. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
Per our earlier conversation
As per our earlier conversation, I am just letting you know that the strategy consulation report has been published and 2015 Strategy/Community consultation has been accordingly updated with links to the report itself (a pdf) and to the related blog post. --Maggie Dennis (WMF) (talk) 17:08, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
Well, the thread intends to be a sort of rollcall of present and former board members who check the noticeboard. I could have said "I'm reading", but it's not that hard either to deduce the meaning of the comment within the context... Cheers Raystorm (talk) 17:28, 30 August 2015 (UTC)
- I didn't get it neither. So I'm glad for the explanation. Alice Wiegand (talk) 15:31, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
Request for comments
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
Responding to your questions
I wanted to reach out and let you know I made an effort to address your earlier questions on my talk page. I've just now had the time to address the first one, but plan to address the others in a timely fashion. I recognize you've removed the questions, but did not want to ignore them, as I appreciate your asking. I hope I've not misstepped by sharing my thoughts. I also should have responded sooner. My apologies for the delay. Katherine (WMF) (talk) 02:50, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you for that. I removed my questions since it had appeared you did not wish to address them. I am pleased to find that was not correct. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 20:18, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for your participation in IdeaLab during the Inspire Campaign focused on improving content curation & review processes from February to March 2016. I'm interested in hearing your feedback about your participation during campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating.
Immediate results of the campaign can be found here. Please feel free to review them and let me know if you have any questions about the campaign or the survey. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 02:31, 26 May 2016 (UTC)
RfC notice: Designated space for editors to give and seek advice about topic bans and other sanctions
You are being contacted because you commented on the proposal for a designated space in which users, including topic-banned and other sanctioned users, could ask questions and seek information about topic bans and other sanctions, "IdeaLab/Area for topic banned editors to talk freely about their ban, e.g. to ask questions of experienced wikipedians." There is now an RfC in progress concerning this proposal. Your participation is welcome. Darkfrog24 (talk) 03:16, 24 July 2016 (UTC)
I wish you would understand that us being board members does not make us any less community members. It is a pity Rogol - you do make some very good points in important topics, but in others it seems that you are not willing to come with an open mind that perhaps, just perhaps, board members are really trying to figure out how to do things the best way possible. And sometimes, if we do not agree with you, it really does not mean we are not agreeing with the community. I apologize if you disliked my tone. I would like to have a better conversation with you, but it has to be in different terms because I for one find the way you engage unnecessarily confrontational, in a way that lowers the conversation or disengages people - and as I said, I believe you have made good points in other topics. Would you be willing to try with me? Raystorm (talk) 19:08, 29 August 2016 (UTC)
IRC office hour for Wikimedia Foundation copyright strategy
Hi there - thank you for your participation in the copyright strategy discussion so far! In addition to contributing on-wiki, you may be interested in an upcoming IRC office hour the Wikimedia Foundation legal team is holding to discuss the copyright strategy. It will be on September 15 at 14:00 UTC. More information is available on Meta-Wiki. Thanks! Joe Sutherland (WMF) 00:48, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.