Global CSS/JS migration
Hello Atcovi. You have a global.js page which contains your global scripts for all wikis. Since August 19th 2014, your global.js and global.css pages are loaded automatically on all wikis (see announcement). Since you already load them yourself on some wikis, you may experience script errors or issues like tools being added twice. I can fix that for you by merging your local scripts and styles into your global pages, and deleting the local pages with synchbot. Do you want me to do that? —Pathoschild 03:03, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
- Amazing Shriheeran!, I've always wanted to learn my native language (but couldn't due to speaking problems). I'm confused when it comes to the alphabets. There is a project in en.wikiversity where there is a 1/4 finished Tamil-learning project which you can pick up and start off of. It'd be a definite help to learn Tamil as I would like to speak to my family in Tamil. It'd be a dream come true for this reality to come alive. Thanks. --Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 00:37, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
- My apologies if you want to work at ta.wikipedia only, I was talking about a project in en.wikiversity (clarifying) --Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 00:39, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
- That's goog and happy new year to you. Where are you living now. In Sri Lanka or abroad--Shriheeran (talk) 00:40, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
RE:Delete my page on this test wiki
- Done --Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 12:29, 3 March 2017 (UTC)
Username changes/Dwarf Vader
Hello Atcovi, I wish you in good health , I change the position of Dwarf Vader request to the suitable place and replay in it, and this due to that people who requests username changes some time made a mistake and put the request in unsuitable place! hope you understand me. regrades --Alaa :)..! 10:56, 26 April 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, I saw it. Personally I'd like for the user to do it himself, but hey it's alright! Thank you and I wish the same for you :) Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 10:58, 26 April 2017 (UTC)
Unsuccessful global renamer request
Hello, congrats on your successful request. I have granted the global sysop flag to your account. Please re-read gs, subscribe to the mailing list, and then get to work keeping the small wikis clean :-)
- @Atcovi: I've just send you an email. Please take a look at it and reply. Trijnsteltalk 12:07, 30 January 2019 (UTC)
Do you make money here?
- @Hamzah Mq.: No. If I was making money based off my contributions to the WMF, I would've made a clear disclosure on my userpage that I was being payed per WP:Paid-contribution disclosure. As my userpage says, "I feel like editing Wikimedia is a time well spent.", this sentence implies that I edit the Wikimedia Foundation solely due to a huge interest in it and not for money. Thanks. —Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 00:57, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
GS: fewer than three administrators have made a logged action within the past two months. pswiki just has one active sysop, so I can not understand why not within the scope of GS activity wiki. (｀・ω・´) (talk) 14:09, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- "By default, global sysops may use this global user group's permissions on wikis" - it's up to our interpretation, but if there already is an active sysop on the wiki, we tend to let the local sysop deal with spam/vandalism pages unless in the case of an emergency (a spammer creating pages by the minute, for example). But in regards to the page you've linked, I've deleted it as the one active sysop hasn't done so in the last few days although he is actively editing. Thank you. —Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 14:35, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
Congratulations, Dear Administrator!
Congratulations, Atcovi! You now have the rights of an administrator on Meta-Wiki. Please take a moment to read the Meta:Administrators page and watchlist related pages (in particular Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat, and Meta:Requests for deletion, but also Talk:Spam blacklist and Talk:Interwiki map), before launching yourself into page deletions, page protections, account blockings, or modifications of protected pages. The majority of the actions of administrators can be reversed by the other admins, except for history merges which must thus be treated with particular care. Please feel free to join us on IRC: #wikimedia-adminconnect. You may find Commons:Guide to adminship to be useful reading although it doesn't always completely apply here at Meta. Please also check or add your entry to Meta:Administrators#List of administrators and the Template:List of administrators. You're also allowed to subscribe the metawiki admins private mailing list. Again, congratulations and welcome to the team. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 14:00, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
Wikimedia Foundation Community Board seats: Call for feedback meeting
The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is organizing a call for feedback about community selection processes between February 1 and March 14. While the Wikimedia Foundation and the movement have grown about five times in the past ten years, the Board’s structure and processes have remained basically the same. As the Board is designed today, we have a problem of capacity, performance, and lack of representation of the movement’s diversity. Direct elections tend to favor candidates from the leading language communities, regardless of how relevant their skills and experience might be in serving as a Board member, or contributing to the ability of the Board to perform its specific responsibilities. It is also a fact that the current processes have favored volunteers from North America and Western Europe. As a matter of fact, there had only been one member who served on the Board, from South Asia, in more than fifteen years of history.
In the upcoming months, we need to renew three community seats and appoint three more community members in the new seats. This call for feedback is to see what processes can we all collaboratively design to promote and choose candidates that represent our movement and are prepared with the experience, skills, and insight to perform as trustees? In this regard, it would be good to have a community discussion to discuss the proposed ideas and share our thoughts, give feedback and contribute to the process. To discuss this, you are invited to a community meeting that is being organized on March 12 from 8 pm to 10 pm, and the meeting link to join is https://meet.google.com/umc-attq-kdt. You can add this meeting to your Google Calendar by clicking here. Please ping me if you have any questions. Thank you. --User:KCVelaga (WMF), 10:30, 8 March 2021 (UTC)
Invitation for Functionary consultation 2021
I'm letting you know in advance about a meeting I'd like to invite you to regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and the community's ownership of its future enforcement. I'm still in the process of putting together the details, but I wanted to share the date with you: 26 June, 2021. I do not have a time on this date yet, but I will let you soon. We have created a meta page with basic information. Please take a look at the meta page and sign up under the appropriate section.
Thank you for your time.--BAnand (WMF) 14:04, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
Znauri (Qornisi) is part of Georgia and now is occupied by Russia, and there is non-recognized republic South Ossetia, I have made change in this page, I have just written that it's territory of Georgia but administrator of os.wiki has reverted my edit and now I am not able to edit this page because this user has defensed this page, please help me https://os.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%D0%97%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%83%D1%8B%D1%80&type=revision&diff=494522&oldid=494521 --ჯეო (talk) 10:28, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
- Comment Forum shopping, posted to at least 16 talk pages. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk) 19:47, 10 July 2021 (UTC)
Notice of review of adminship
Hello Atcovi. In accordance with Meta:Administrators/Removal and because it looks that you have made fewer than ten logged administrator actions over the past six months, your adminship is under review at Meta:Administrators/Removal/October 2021. If you would like to retain your adminship, please kindly sign there before October 16, 2021. Regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 11:03, 9 October 2021 (UTC)
How we will see unregistered users
You get this message because you are an admin on a Wikimedia wiki.
When someone edits a Wikimedia wiki without being logged in today, we show their IP address. As you may already know, we will not be able to do this in the future. This is a decision by the Wikimedia Foundation Legal department, because norms and regulations for privacy online have changed.
Instead of the IP we will show a masked identity. You as an admin will still be able to access the IP. There will also be a new user right for those who need to see the full IPs of unregistered users to fight vandalism, harassment and spam without being admins. Patrollers will also see part of the IP even without this user right. We are also working on better tools to help.
We have two suggested ways this identity could work. We would appreciate your feedback on which way you think would work best for you and your wiki, now and in the future. You can let us know on the talk page. You can write in your language. The suggestions were posted in October and we will decide after 17 January.
Thank you. /Johan (WMF)
18:17, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
Global block of LTA Lampung.....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/184.108.40.206/16 AdhiNG (talk) 11:23, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/220.127.116.11/17 AdhiNG (talk) 11:24, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
https://id.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istimewa:Kontribusi_pengguna/18.104.22.168/16 AdhiNG (talk) 11:25, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
https://id.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istimewa:Kontribusi_pengguna/22.214.171.124/17 AdhiNG (talk) 11:26, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
https://id.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Penyalahgunaan_jangka_panjang/Lampung AdhiNG (talk) 11:26, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- That sounds like a job for a steward. Please conduct further requests for gblocks at Steward requests/Global. —Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 19:38, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
@Atcovi: Sir hi:अलका नूपुर is protected but it requires improvement. None of local administrators is active. So kindly unprotect it so that IPs can edit it. Thanking in anticipation. 126.96.36.199 02:36, 12 April 2022 (UTC)
- None of the local administrators are active? There are four active admins that you can make this request to. I cannot use my global sysop permissions on hi.wikipedia as there are active admins. Please ask one of them to unprotect the page. —Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 02:39, 12 April 2022 (UTC)
Praxidicae has blocked for no real reason a
Praxidicae has bloced me for no real reason to boost other wikipedias , a attemp to pages , its no rocket science , i need to unlboced for so.wikiepdia and 1 week is fine 1 month is fine 1 year no way thiers no reason to be blocked , she just made up some ramdom excuse.so/wikipedia will reach many pages , i did major oil pages , and foods and other topic
Notice of removal of adminship
I regret to inform you that, in accordance with Meta:Administrators/Removal and as a result of your inactivity, administrator rights have been removed from your account. Please see Meta:Administrators/Removal/October 2022 for details. Kind regards, MF-W 16:34, 2 October 2022 (UTC)