Wikimedia movement affiliates/Portal/it
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page lists important resources for Wikimedia chapters, thematic organisations and user groups.
Overview of Wikimedia affiliation models
- Capitoli Wikimedia
- Incorporated independent non-profits representing the Wikimedia movement and supporting movement work globally, focused within a geography. Chapters or national/sub-national organizations use a name clearly linking them to Wikimedia and are granted use of Wikimedia trademarks for their work, publicity, and fundraising.
- Wikimedia thematic organizations
- Incorporated independent non-profits representing the Wikimedia movement and supporting work focused on a specific theme, topic, subject or issue within or across countries and regions. Thematic or focused organizations use a name clearly linking them to Wikimedia and are granted use of Wikimedia trademarks for their work, publicity and fundraising.
- Wikimedia user groups
- Open membership groups with an established contact person and history of projects, designed to be easy to form. User groups may or may not choose to incorporate and are granted limited use of the Wikimedia marks for publicity related to events and projects.
- Movement partners
- Like-minded organizations that actively support the Wikimedia movement’s work. They are listed publicly and granted limited use of the marks for publicity indicating their support of and collaboration with Wikimedia. Unlike the other models, this one is not well defined by the Affiliations Committee. Please comment on this model on its own page.
- Wikimedia offices
- A list of all Wikimedia organisations that have offices, including location, number of staff (keep updated).
- Mailing lists
- Overview over all existing Wikimedia mailing lists, each chapter should have one plus several global lists. Subscribe yourself to any lists interesting for you.
- List of official microblogging handles
- Overview over chapters' twitter and identica handles (keep updated).
- List of official Facebook pages
- Overview over chapters' Facebook pages (keep updated).
- List of several Strategy Plans
- Summarises strategic and previous strategic plans of Wikimedia affiliates (keep updated).
- Project-specific grants, given by the WMF to individuals, groups or organisations. Reviewed by the Grant Advisory Committee, a group of volunteers, approved by WMF staff.
- General budgets for annual plans given from movement funds (donations) to Wikimedia organisations (chapters, Foundation) on an annual basis. Reviewed by the Funds Dissemination Committee, a group of volunteers and Wikimedia Foundation staff and board members, approved by the WMF board.
- Wikimedia chapters/Reports
- Monthly reports of Wikimedia chapters — the place where WMF/FDC looks for reports.
- Annual activity and financial reports of Wikimedia committees and chapters (summary)..
- Wikimedia chapters/Summaries
- Currently state of the chapters.
- — currently outdated and marked obsolete – shouldn't this page be revitalised by yearly updates according to the "State of the Movement" at the Wikimedia Conference?
- Wikimedia chapters/Overview
- Current figures (members, staff) of all Wikimedia chapters (keep updated).
Teams and committees
- Affiliations Committee
- Formerly “Chapters Committee”, reviews applications from entities to become a Wikimedia chapter, Wikimedia thematic organization or Wikimedia user group.
- Wikimedia Chapters Association (2012–13)
- A formalised structure of Wikimedia chapters to organise exchange and facilitate regular communication among them.
- Wikimedia Conference
- Annual internal meetings of Wikimedia organisations for exchange.
- Affiliate-selected Board seats
- The Wikimedia chapters and thematic organisations can select two members of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
- WCA Chapters Manual
- Step-by-step affiliate creation guides
- Movement affiliates FAQ
- Boards training workshop proposal
- Chapter Agreements
- Trademark Agreements
- Fundraising 2011/Chapters/Fundraising Agreement
- Only three chapters (CH, DE, FR) are still allowed to participate in the WMF fundraiser.
- – is there an update of this document around?
- Standard responses to misdirected requests for user data and content takedown
- How to reply to misdirected takedown requests received by movement organizations.
- Meta pages to be updated by affiliates
- A checklist of pages sorted by event and category.