He mahalo mai ka mea nāna i hoʻokumu o Wikipikia, ʻo Jimmy Wales
E ka poʻe heluhelu,
Mai Iulai 1, ua lūlū 125,000 mua o ʻoukou i ke kālā 4 miliona. In addition, we've received major gifts and foundation support totaling $2 million. This combined revenue will cover our operating expenses for the current fiscal year, ending June 30, 2009.
Your donation makes you a key supporter of the free culture movement, and pays for:
- Day-to-day operations: servers, hosting, bandwidth, our staff of just 23 people.
- Continued development & improvements of open source software that powers all Wikimedia projects.
- Outreach events like Wikipedia Academies: in-person workshops where you can learn more about how to use and edit Wikipedia.
- Volunteer support: helping our international volunteer community to grow and to continue to do amazing work.
You can still get involved:
Any donations beyond our $6 million goal are put in a reserve fund, which will help us to offset operating costs beyond the current fiscal year. Your continued support will also serve as a much-needed financial safety net if economic conditions continue to worsen globally.
You have proven that Wikipedia matters to you, and that you support our mission: to bring free knowledge to the planet, free of charge and free of advertising. You've helped make and keep Wikipedia available for the whole world.
Mahalo nui loa au no kou kākoʻo ʻana.
E ʻOluʻolu, E Lūlū Mai »
- How is the revenue spent?
- How is the Wikimedia Foundation funded?
- What are the Foundation's specific goals?
He Mahalo Mai Mai Ka Mea Nāna
i Hoʻokumu o Wikipikia, ʻo Jimmy Wales