Volunteer Supporters Network/VSN Training: Events and campaigns around gender gap
Volunteer Supporters Network is hosting a skillshare meeting around Good practices and ideas for organizing events and campaigns addressing Wikimedia gender gap. During the training organizers of events and campaigns from different parts of the movement will share their learnigns and tips for organizing offline and online events and campaigns around the Wikimedia gender gap. Through a series of lightning talks you will learn everything from preparing great topic lists to preparing amazing edit-a-thons.
- April 7th 3 PM UTC-4 PM UTC at Zoom (link will be sent to registered users before the meeting)
- Trainers and topics
- Tapping into existing networks, preparing a great worklist - Sara Thomas (WMUK)
- Queries to search for biographies of women that are not in your language - Constanza Verón (WMAR) Querys: https://w.wiki/52Yv , https://w.wiki/52Wb
- WikiGap beyond borders - how to organize edit-a-thons across affiliates and communities - Claudia Garád (WMAT)
- Implementing brave space guidelines in your edit-a-thons - Amanda Meeks (Art+Feminism)
- HerStory Walks as a part of edit-a-thons - Klara Sielicka-Baryłka (WMPL) sildes
- How to include writing with a gender perspective in your campaigns - Vic Sfriso (WMAR)
- Tracking metrics through Dashboard - Camelia Boban (WikiDonne UG) - slides
Register for the meeting!
You don’t need to be a member of the Volunteer Supporters network to participate in this online event! The number of participants is not limited. We ask for pre-registration (with Wikimedia username ~~~~). The event will take place on Zoom. We will send the link for the Zoom room to the participants in time before the meeting. Ideally, you should have activated the wiki mail function ("Send email to this user"). If you don't want to do this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can email the address directly to you. If it turns out that you can't participate, please remove yourself from the list.
I want to take part in the meeting
If you want to participate, just add yourself to the list below and we'll send you the link. You can also register via email by contacting Natalia (email@example.com)
- Hussein m mmbaga (talk) 13:57, 10 February 2023 (UTC)
- Natalia Szafran-Kozakowska (WMPL) (talk) 10:19, 31 March 2022 (UTC)
- Kamila Neuman (WMPL)
- --Jacek Broda (WMPL) (talk) 11:54, 4 April 2022 (UTC)
- Constanza Verón (WMAR) (talk) 17:41, 4 April 2022 (UTC)
- --AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk) 20:30, 4 April 2022 (UTC)
- Señoritaleona (talk) 21:21, 4 April 2022 (UTC)
- Klara Sielicka-Baryłka (WMPL) (talk) 10:34, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- --Camelia (talk) 12:50, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- --Raimund Liebert (WMAT) (talk) 13:17, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- Martin Rulsch (WMDE) (talk) 13:41, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- Sara Thomas (WMUK) (talk) 14:04, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- JStephenson (WMF) 17:47, 5th April 2022 (UTC)
- Godstime Elijah (talk) 16:21, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- - Shabab Mustafa (talk) 16:26, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- Tiputini (talk) 16:29, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- Manavpreet Kaur (talk) 16:33, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- RASharma (WMF) (talk) 16:40, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- Baah Thomas (talk)
- Bukky658 (talk) 17:15, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- Kabintie--Ms Kabintie (talk) 16:58, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- TaronjaSatsuma (talk) 17:28, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- Aliyu shaba]]Talk 19:22, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- Kitanago (talk) 21:14, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- --Basak (talk) 01:05, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- FromPunjab (talk) 06:16, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- --Claude Beier (WMDE) (talk) 07:53, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- --Rubén Ojeda (WMES) (talk) 08:35, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- Rosiestep (talk) 09:54, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- AJones (WMF) (talk)
- MurielMary (talk) 11:11, 6 April 2022 (UTC) I cannot attend at this time due to the time difference (it will be 3am in my timezone....). Please provide any notes or recordings or repeat the event at a different time. TIA!
- BJiang (WMF) (talk) 12:50, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- user:kirafaceKiraface (talk) 15:33, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- user:Md Nahid Islam Sumon (talk) 18:06 April 2022(UTC)
- Killy95 (talk) 19:17, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- Munkaila Sulemana (talk) 16:25, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- Mrb Rafi (talk) 16:32, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- daSupremo 16:58, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- i will like to register Sir Amugi (talk) 17:09, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- Micheal Kaluba (talk) ̴̴̴̴̴̴̴̴̴̴̴
- Astinson (WMF) (talk) 19:09, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- Yhhue91 (talk) 19:26, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- Rdrg109 (talk) 22:00, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- Mtheletter (talk) 2023-03-05 00:22:23
- Dnshitobu (talk) 05:27, 7 April 2022 (UTC)
- Mardetanha (talk) 07:24, 7 April 2022 (UTC)
- Justine Msechu (talk) 09:24, 7 April 2022 (UTC)
- Chinmayee Mishra (talk) 10:44, 7 April 2022 (UTC)
- Zblace (talk) 12:12, 7 April 2022 (UTC)
- Ishmam Ahbab (talk) 13:27, 7 April 2022 (UTC)
- edward ambele (user Talk: edward ambele|talk) 3:00, 7 April 2022 (UTC)
- --Anisa Kuci (WMIT) (talk) 14:27, 7 April 2022 (UTC)
- Núria Ferran (talk) 10:19, 31 March 2022 (UTC)
- CaliBen (talk) 13:23, 13 April 2022 (UTC)
- Gladys Gibbs (talk) 13:23, 13 April 2022 (UTC)
- Mary (talk) 13:23, 13 April 2022 (UTC)
- Hiperterminal (talk) 08:30, 14 September 2022 (UTC)
The meeting is a part of Volunteer Supporters Network 2022 program. Learn more about it here. You can also check other upcoming and past VSN meetings.
The Volunteer Supporters Network's safe space policy for video conferences
Basic rules for all participants
- Friendliness and mutual respect – contribute to a pleasant atmosphere and a climate of friendliness and fairness. Refrain from statements that are intimidating, degrading, offensive or discriminatory, or that could be understood as such, even if you are talking about non-participants. Threats of violence, incitement to violence and unwanted sexual attention are unacceptable.
- Openness – Be open for all Wikimedians to participate. Restrictions can be made for organizational or technical reasons. Persons on the Wikimedia Foundation Event Ban list are excluded from participating in the video conference.
- Identity – Do not attempt to impersonate another person. Do not misrepresent your affiliation with any individual or entity.
- Privacy – Respect the self chosen degree of anonymity of all participants. Allow participation with audio only (without video). Use the names of the participants, which they themselves indicate in the video conference. If video and/or audio recordings are planned, all participants must be informed of this, including the intended purpose, before the start of the meeting. Still images (screenshots) may only be taken during the video conference with the express consent of all participants concerned.
- Data protection – Do not collect any personal data of the participants in the context of the video conference. For instance, do not demand that participants send you wikimails or reply to your wikimails. In the case of written notes intended for publication, use quotations that can be individually assigned sparingly and carefully. Never disclose or threaten to disclose private information about a person without explicit consent.
- Recognizability – The participant in the facilitation role is automatically identified during the video conference (e. g. with a star symbol, as "facilitator" or as "administrator", depending on the platform). Ideally, the facilitator should be the person who starts or leads the video conference. If this is not possible for technical reasons or if the facilitation role has to change during a video conference, please point this out to the other participants.
- Technical role – During the video conference, the facilitator has extended technical rights. This includes the ability to exclude other participants.
- Social role – The facilitator is expected to support compliance with these rules with his or her extended technical rights and to coordinate additional measures if necessary. The facilitator may take any action to enforce these rules, including excluding participants and terminating the video conference.
- Personal responsibility – All participants are responsible for compliance with these rules to the best of their ability.
- Reporting – If you believe that someone else is not following this policy, you have the following options: (1) point out the terms openly, (2) inform only the facilitator (for example, by using the direct chat function) and/or (3) inform the Wikimedia affiliate that offers the respective video conference platform.
- Consequences – In case of violations, the facilitator can act immediately. The Wikimedia affiliate providing the video conference platform may subsequently exclude participants from funding and a future participation in video conferences as well as, in the case of particularly serious violations, also pass on data to third parties.