Need help? See the Translation FAQ or Meta:Babylon. All translators should also subscribe to translators-l to be kept up-to-date (and to ask questions).
General Fundraising Translation Guidelines: Fundraising 2010/Translation.
Usein kysytyt kysymykset 2010
- 1 Minne rahani menevät?
- 2 Pähkinänkuoressa, mikä on Wikipedia?
- 3 Mistä löydän lisää taloudellista tietoa?
- 4 Onko Wikimedia Foundation yleishyödyllinen järjestö?
- 5 Miksi minun pitäisi lahjoittaa Wikimedia Foundationille?
- 6 Mitkä ovat suunnitelmanne? Minne tämä johtaa?
- 7 How do you balance keeping Wikipedia open with making it more reliable?
- 8 Mikä on Wikimedia Foundation?
- 9 Mitä hankkeita tuette?
- 10 How is the Wikimedia Foundation run?
- 11 Kuinka Wikimedia Foundation on rahoitettu?
- 12 Kuinka paljon rahaa toivotte keräävänne?
- 13 Kuka muu tukee teitä tässä päämäärässä?
- 14 Where can I learn more about your recent activities?
- 15 Kuinka lahjoitan?
- 15.1 Minne lähetän shekit?
- 15.2 Minne lähetän lomakkeita, kuten kirjeitä tai muuta materiaalia Wikimedia Foundationille?
- 15.3 Can I make a stock donation to the Wikimedia Foundation?
- 15.4 Ovatko lahjoitukseni verottomia?
- 15.5 If I make a donation, how do I get my tax receipt?
- 15.6 Can I give you a targeted or restricted donation to be used for something very specific?
- 15.7 Why is there a minimum donation?
- 16 What can I do to help you spread the word?
- 18 Kuinka voin ottaa yhteyttä säätiöön?
Minne rahani menevät?
To people and technology. Even though Wikipedia and its sister projects are one of the top five most-visited websites in the world, we employ only 302 people; see our staff overview. Roughly half work on technology, a small team supports our public outreach and volunteer cultivation activities, and the remaining staff work in fundraising and administration. In addition, your support helps to pay for the technology infrastructure (servers and bandwidth) that keep Wikipedia running and growing.
Fundamentally, the Wikimedia Foundation exists to support and grow the enormous network of volunteers who write and edit Wikipedia and its sister projects -- more than 100,000 people around the world.
Pähkinänkuoressa, mikä on Wikipedia?
Wikipedia on maailman isoin ja suosituin tietosanakirja. Se on verkossa, ilmainen käyttää ja vapaasti muokattavissa. Wikipediassa on yli 16 miljoonaa vapaaehtoisvoimin kirjoitettua artikkelia yli 298:lla eri kielellä, ja siellä vierailee yli 430,000,000 miljoonaa ihmistä joka kuukausi, tehden siitä viidenneksi suosituimman sivun maailmassa. Se on yhteistöyn luomus ja se on lisätty ja muokattu miljoonien ihmisten avulla viimeisen yhdeksän vuoden aikana: kuka tahansa voi muokata sitä, milloin tahansa. Wikipedia on suurin kokoelma jaettua tietoa ihmisen historiassa, ja ihmiset jotka tukevat sitä ovat yhdistäneet lukemisen rakkautensa, älyllisen uteliasisuutensa ja tietoisuutensa, sillä me tiedämme enemmän yhdessä, kuin kukaan meistä yksin.
Mistä löydän lisää taloudellista tietoa?
The 2008–2009 Wikimedia Foundation Annual Report covers the previous fiscal year (July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009) with a look-ahead to the next. This is our second annual report. The Wikimedia Foundation Annual Report is a summary of the organization's financials, program activities, milestones and accomplishments.
- Launch of Wikimedia's Usability Initiative
- Wikimedia joins the Creative Commons
- Wikimania conference in Alexandria, Egypt
- Wikimedia's open strategy planning process begins
- Successful fundraising and expansion of core operations
Download the 2008-2009 Annual Report:
Onko Wikimedia Foundation yleishyödyllinen järjestö?
Kyllä. The Wikimedia Foundation on 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA. You can review our letter of tax-exemption and our financial reports and annual filings.
Miksi minun pitäisi lahjoittaa Wikimedia Foundationille?
The job of the Wikimedia Foundation is to provide easy access to information for people all over the world—free of charge and free of advertising. We are a non-profit that depends on your financial help to do that. Your donation directly supports some of the most popular collaboratively-edited reference projects in the world, including Wikipedia, one of the world's top five most-popular sites and the largest encyclopedia ever compiled in human history.
Mitkä ovat suunnitelmanne? Minne tämä johtaa?
As the organization's founder, Jimmy Wales, put it: "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge." That’s where it’s going — and we need your help to get there.
Joka kuukausi, enemmän kuin 430,000,000 miljoonaa ihmistä ympäri maailmaa käyttävät Wikipediaa. Se on saatavilla verkossa, mobiililaitteessasi, DVD:llä, kirjoina ja monina muina muotoina. We aspire to reach even more people, and to continually improve the quality of information that we provide. To do that, we are:
- making it much easier to contribute knowledge. We've recently launched a large-scale initiative to improve the user experience both for adding text and multimedia. You can find more information on the project website.
- creating learning and training resources to recruit more contributors: teachers, professors, students, photographers, filmmakers, scientists, librarians, archivists, curators, hobbyists, and many others. We're working with a growing network of 40 grass-roots Wikimedia chapter organizations around the world to reach out to these people, and encourage them to help us make Wikipedia better. More information can be found on the project website.
- developing new technologies and processes for quality assurance that do not conflict with Wikimedia's fundamental openness. For the technically interested, this includes technologies for flagging edits and for detecting potentially problematic changes.
- consulting with our global community of editors as well as experts, volunteers and thinkers around the world to develop innovative strategies for reaching more people, with higher quality resources, and for increasing the number of volunteers. More information about our five-year strategy project can be found on the project website.
- building a rich dashboard of metrics to support the work of the Wikimedia movement. See our monthly report card and our statistics portal.
Finally, it is our mission to protect the work that has been done so far: to reduce the risk that disaster or technical failure could eliminate portions of our work, and to ensure that it is regularly copied in many places. We're not an excited start-up company that will fade away in two years -- we're in this for the long term.
How do you balance keeping Wikipedia open with making it more reliable?
We believe increased participation makes Wikipedia better. At the same time, we must maintain the tough standards that have made Wikipedia respected by scientists, academics, journalists, and foundations.
Mikä on Wikimedia Foundation?
The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. is the parent organization of various free-content projects, most notably Wikipedia, the award-winning online encyclopedia. Jimmy Wales founded Wikipedia in January 2001 and created the Wikimedia Foundation in June 2003. From the beginning, we have existed for one reason: the free and open sharing of knowledge. We don’t sell information and we don’t accept advertising. Your donation makes our work possible. We bring the educational content from these projects to people in as many forms as possible. In particular, we help disadvantaged communities with limited connectivity to access and contribute free educational content.
We own more than 400 servers used to run our projects, along with all the associated domain names and trademarks. We support strategic software development on the MediaWiki software and related tools, which allow more people to participate and the existing volunteer community to work more effectively. This includes tools specifically related to ensuring high quality. We develop learning resources, support workshops and strive to think intelligently about other ways to bring in new contributors and to grow Wikimedia as an international movement for free knowledge.
In all this, we are supported by local chapters organized in many different countries.
Mitä hankkeita tuette?
The Wikimedia Foundation supports Wikipedia, an online encyclopedia and one of the five most-visited websites world-wide. From the founding of Wikipedia in January 2001, and the incorporation of the Wikimedia Foundation in June 2003, our growth has been staggering. The English-language Wikipedia, our first project, has expanded to more than 5,500,000 articles today. All Wikipedia languages combined contain more than 47,000,000 articles.
Besides Wikipedia, the Wikimedia Foundation also supports:
- Wikimedia Commons, a media repository containing more than 43,000,000 freely usable images, videos, and sound files
- Wikibooks, a project to create free textbooks
- Wiktionary, a multilingual dictionary and thesaurus
- Wikisource, a library of source documents
- Wikinews, a citizen news website
- Wikiversity, an interactive learning platform
- Wikiquote, a collection of quotations
- Wikispecies, a directory of life on Earth
We lead and support the development of MediaWiki, the open source wiki software behind all our public websites. We help to organize outreach and community events to encourage people to contribute to our projects, and we provide downloadable offline copies and database archives of Wikipedia content.
More information may be found on the page about our projects.
How is the Wikimedia Foundation run?
The Wikimedia Foundation has a staff of 302, led by the Executive Director, Sue Gardner. The staff supports the work of the hundreds of thousands of volunteers who contribute content to the Wikimedia projects. The Wikimedia Foundation is also supported by countless volunteers participating through committees, as interns, or on an ad hoc basis.
The Board of Trustees articulates the mission and vision of the Wikimedia Foundation, reviews and helps to develop long term plans, provides oversight, and supports the Wikimedia Foundation's fundraising efforts. It is the ultimate organizational authority of the Wikimedia Foundation as defined in its bylaws. See Meetings for published Board minutes and Resolutions for published Board resolutions. The Board is partially elected from the community of contributors to the Wikimedia projects.
We have an office, located in San Francisco, California (USA), where most of our employees are working. All board members and remaining staff work remotely.
Kuinka Wikimedia Foundation on rahoitettu?
The Wikimedia Foundation receives donations from more than 50 countries around the world. The average donation is quite small, but their sheer numbers have ensured our success. People make contributions year-round, and once a year the Wikimedia Foundation makes a formal request for donations.
We are not considering advertising as a source of revenue.
The Wikimedia Foundation has 501(c)(3) tax exempt status in the United States. Donations made from other nations may also be tax deductible. See deductibility of donations for details. Click here for details on how to make a donation via PayPal, MoneyBookers or by postal mail. For all other types of donation, please contact us through donatewikimedia.org.
Kuinka paljon rahaa toivotte keräävänne?
The 2010-11 plan posits revenue of $20.4 million, a 28% increase over projected revenue of $15.9 million for 2009-10.
Kuka muu tukee teitä tässä päämäärässä?
Suurin osa rahoituksista tulee yksilöiltä -- ihmisiltä kuten sinä. Me saamme avustuksia myös yhteisöiltä ja yksityisiltä säätiöiltä, kuten myös maksut yhtiöiltä. Ne ovat näkyvissä meidän Benefactors sivuillamme.
Where can I learn more about your recent activities?
For the fiscal year 2008-09, please Download the 2008-2009 Annual Report: PDF version (2.0 MB)
To donate, please visit our fundraising page. You can donate using any major credit card (including VISA, Mastercard, Discover or American Express), PayPal, Moneybookers, bank transfer, or by sending a cheque to the Foundation. Our donation options support most (although not all) currencies.
Minne lähetän shekit?
Lähetä shekit suraavaan osoitteeseen:
- Note: donations by check are processed directly at our centralized lockbox location which is in Washington, DC.
Our preference is for checks in U.S. dollars, drawn on U.S. bank accounts. Checks in currencies other than U.S. dollars, or from bank accounts outside the U.S., can be very expensive for us to process, which reduces the value of your gift. If you do not have a U.S. bank account, you can maximize the value of your donation by giving via Paypal or wire transfer.
Minne lähetän lomakkeita, kuten kirjeitä tai muuta materiaalia Wikimedia Foundationille?
Ole hyvä ja lähetä kaikki vastaavat, mukaanlukien Pauroll Deduction anomukset ja Matching Gifts lomakkeet turvalliseen postilokero-osoitteeseemme:
- Note: donations by check are processed directly at our centralized lockbox location which is in Washington, DC.
Can I make a stock donation to the Wikimedia Foundation?
The Wikimedia Foundation accepts stock donations. You can make a donation by transferring stock from your brokerage to ours by providing your broker with our name, investment account number and DTCC clearing number.
- Account holder name: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
Financial broker: Smith Barney
Investment account number: 546-0356C-14-782
DTCC Clearing account number: #0418
Ovatko lahjoitukseni verottomia?
Please refer to the list of countries for the details of tax-deductibility.
If I make a donation, how do I get my tax receipt?
If you donate by PayPal or credit card, you'll receive a tax receipt by e-mail, as long as your e-mail address was included with your donation. Donations by check over $50 will receive a tax receipt by mail, if you gave us your return address. You may also request a tax receipt for your donation by writing us at givingwikimedia.org (please include your contact information, the method you used to donate, and the amount of your donation).
Can I give you a targeted or restricted donation to be used for something very specific?
Charities based in the United States, including the Wikimedia Foundation, are required to honor restrictions requested by donors. This means that if you specify your donation needs to be restricted for a specific use, we will either honor your request or return your donation. But before you decide to do that, please consider that unrestricted donations are much more useful for us. Every restriction imposes administrative overhead and planning costs, and increases internal complexity.
Why is there a minimum donation?
The minimum donation amount is $1. We receive small donations from people who don't have much money, and we are really, really grateful to those donors. Truly, if the gift is meaningful to you, it's meaningful to us. But, it's not uncommon for people to use donation mechanisms such as ours to test stolen credit cards to see if they work. Those people typically use a very small dollar amount for their testing: we find a $1 minimum donation amount seems to deter them.
What can I do to help you spread the word?
Spread the word any way you can! Tell your friends and family. Tell them what Wikipedia means to you. Ask them if they use it and if so, what it means to them. Use this text as the signature file on the bottom of your emails:
We’ve created the greatest collection of shared knowledge in history. Help protect Wikipedia. Donate now: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Support_Wikipedia/en
Kuinka voin ottaa yhteyttä säätiöön?
Katso yhteydenottosivulta lisätietoja.