Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- In course of our Wiki Loves Butterfly in North-East India (WLB-NEI) project phase I which has nicely fulfilled the targeted goals and the report has been also submitted [here], we have covered many unexplored butterfly hotspots, forest areas and reserve forests of 14 districts of 5 States or provinces of North-East India. In our proposed 2nd phase of Wiki Loves Butterfly in North-East India project entitled Wiki Loves Butterfly in North-East India (WLB-NEI) Part-II project we have planned to cover the remaining hotspots and forest areas of the States already covered as well as coverage of hotspots and forest areas of new unexplored states of North-East India. This pattern of detailed coverage of previously covered States and new States of North-East India will maintain a nice balance in our findings of super vast North East India and simultaneously ensure vivid comb searching documentation process (that we ever follows) of the available butterfly species and sub species thereon.
The overall purpose of Wiki Loves Butterfly in North-East India project is to increase the amount of free license materials regarding the butterfly species available in North-East India and related documentation and photographs in Wikipedia articles (Bengali language) in this regard and particular documentation of butterfly species of North-East India to be contributed in Wikispecies and Wikidata.
The further aims of the Wiki Loves Butterfly in North-East India (WLB-NEI) Part-II is, as usual like the previous phases of Wiki Loves Butterfly projects, to ensure broad spectrum of outreach program, knowledge sharing and interest generation among people regarding the vivid world of butterfly and of Wikipedia, Wikimedia commons, Wikidata; in a word about the Wikimedia movement as a whole through contribution of quality images on butterfly related events to Wikimedia Commons and quality articles to Wikipedia, contribution to Wikidata and Wikispecies involving more uses of pictures. Moreover, the Wikimedia movement and local communities will gain visibility and impetus through the success of this Wiki Loves Butterfly in North-East India (WLB-NEI) Part-II project.
Specially to mention that we are going to include a new dimension in this proposed Wiki Loves Butterfly in North-East India (WLB-NEI) Part-II project. This time we have planned to include list and short description of butterfly host plants and nectar plants;- a new category providing and sharing knowledge about which host plants and nectar plants are related to which butterfly species and subspecies. This will also open up a new spectrum of related knowledge sharing about the world of Flora.
- Our project goal includes recruiting new wiki contributors as done before.
- Like earlier cases, this grant will boost us and provide us great help in accessing very distant and remote butterfly hotspots of North-East India which involve huge expenses in reaching, accommodating and documenting there on. The materialization of this grant shall highly benefit us to meet up the huge expenditure of transport, accommodation, Inner line permit (ILP), entry passes etc.
- This time also the butterfly documentation of North-East India shall be carried on species and subspecies level with a view to more vivid and detailed knowledge sharing.
- Side by side, as we have done in WLB NEI phase I, we shall carry on extended butterfly documentation of the districts of West Bengal which shall enrich Wikimedia by way of catching up possible newer findings and newer knowledge sharing the vast zone of West Bengal that had been covered and documented earlier by us.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Plans have been set in broad spectrum to cover the North East butterfly diversity hotspot by hotspot, forest by forest, district by district, state by state. Of the 8 provinces of North East India, we have covered in WLB NEI Part I 14 districts of 5 Provinces or States. In WLB NEI Part II, we have planned to cover remaining districts of previously covered States along with new unexplored States.
- This time also we shall have to face several challenges in the remote areas of North-East India like incessant rain , permit accessibility and so on Hence, we are frequently communicating with the local enthusiasts and authorities for our better field-work prospects (as far as possible) with all our dedication & enthusiasm.
- Plans are also set for extensive outreach programme targeting good number of incumbents and Wiki Editors.
- Plans of online editathon and photowalk are always kept in our plan schedule. Internet inaccessibility, severe network problem, high language diversity in most of the North East India places put up hindrances before us in solemnizing those items, still we are trying our level best involving special plans to materialize those items this time in WLB NEI Part II.
- Complete documentation shall be done in WLB-NEI Part II (like the previous phases of the project) with good number of quality photos, article creation in home wiki language about life cycle, habitat, behavioural activities, ventral and dorsal view of available butterfly species and subspecies.
- Targeted plans are there to endow great Wikimedia movement a high impetus through broader spectrum of activities in this project.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Notified about the completion of the first part of WLB project in different butterfly hotspots of West Bengal and its report submission in WP Village pump of my community Bn Wiki. 
- Notified about the 2nd part of the WLB project from 1st June'17 to 31st March'18 has also been done in WP village pump of Bn Wikipedia. 
- As it is a scientifically based project dedicated to species and subspecies level documentation of butterfly and related topics, WLB-NEI Part-II project strongly requires very special and specific knowledge and learning about butterfly species and subspecies
- The views, opinions and suggestions of Resource persons and/or experts of esteemed organizations like National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS), Nature Mates, Green Plateau, Butterfly and Moth of Sikkim (BAMOS) organization etc shall definitely enrich our knowledge and meet up our project quarries and thus enriching Wikipedia.
- Such interest groups are the best to be collaborated with and the worthiest to be brought under the preview of outreach programme.
- Notified in Bengali Wikipedia village pump - Done []
- Notified in West Bengal mailing list - Done
- Notified in Bengali Wikipedia mailing list - Done
- Notified in Wikimedia India Community mailing list - Done
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- At the end, WLB-NEI Part-II Project shall bestow direct support and contribution to Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons and Wikispecices and Wikidata in knowledge building and sharing along with the total development, creation of more active editors, good quality photo uploading, expanding outreach programme, close communication with special interest groups and local butterfly enthusiasts and so on.
- Strong involvement in the traditional Wikipedia communication, field-work and communication with special interest research groups targeting species and subspecies identification and multilingual description of species and subspecies to arise interest and knowledge among general people about Wikipedia and butterfly related matters.
- Discussion on the talk page of the project.
- Keeping close contact with the persons involved in the project through our already made up and maintained Whatsapp group and other social media groups. They shall be kept updated with latest Wikipedia events and workshops.
- Constant mentorship will be kept on to go on contributing in Wikipedia and Wikimedia commons in future by way of newer article development and newer photo uploading in course of their work in their respective areas.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of Edit-a-thon: 1
- Number of Photowalk locally: 2
- Number of total participants: 10
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable): 100
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable): 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable):25% of total number of photos uploaded
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Project manager: Ananya Mondal (Atudu)
- Member of core group: Sandip Das (Sandipoutsider), Shubhendu Khan
- Volunteering participants: Arjan Basu Roy, Tamaghna Sengupta, Arnab Bar, Rahul Biswas, Judhajit Dasgupta, Sayan Sanyal, Kalyan Mukherjee, Dipanjali Biswas, Gayetri Dutta. 
We have our high enthusiastic bent and significant studies and observation in the project related matter. Our experience and achievement of the previous butterfly projects, our knowledge about biodiversity area and butterfly infested hotspots, our strong teamwork, our rapid pace of photo documenting, our regular contribution to Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata and Wikipedia and our strong collaboration with special interest groups of experts and resource persons with their expertise and scientific support as well as to extend outreach in motivating them in reviewing proper citation along with image contribution-all these shall be our resources towards final success.
- Dr. Krushnamegh Kunte:He is a faculty at the National Centre for Biological Sciences(NCBS), Bengaluru, as a Ramanujan Fellow. A renowned lepidopterist, author of many books and research papers on butterfly. 
- Mr. Arjan Basu Roy: Butterfly experts, curator of different butterfly garden and parks maintained by the Govt. of West Bengal, Writer on Butterflies. He is also a founding member of a nature club called Nature Mates.
- Mr. Tarun Karmakar: Project Trainee of National Centre for Biological Sciences, specialist in butterfly taxonomy.
- Mr. Hemanth Ogale: Noted lepidopterist, macro photography expart attached with Malabar Nature Conservation Club, an NGO from Amboli, which conducts environment awareness programs in the local school 
- Mr. Rudra Prasad Das: He is a doctoral research fellow, doing research on butterfly communities of West Bengal. He is also attached with UNEP-GEF-ABS Project under The West Bengal Biodiversity Board as a Technical Assistant.
- Mr. Judhajit Dasgupta: Butterfly expert and first writer of books on Butterfly in Bengali language.
- Mr. Isaac Kehimkar: He is the deputy director of Bombay Natural History Society and author of many books and research papers on butterfly and wild flowers.
- Mr. Mansoon Joyti Gogoi: He is a doctoral research fellow, doing research on Butterflies of North-East India under the Department of Ecology & Environmental Science,Assam University.
- Nawang Gyatso Bhutia: Butterfly expert of Sikkim and president of Butterflies and Moths of Sikkim–Nature Conservation Society (BAMOS-NCS)
- Tamaghna Sengupta: Project Assistant of Rajabhatkhawa Butterfly Conservatory, West Bengal.
- Kalyan Mukherjee: Associated with Green Plateau Club.
- Shubhendu Khan: Associated with Green Plateau Club and Aranayak.
- Gayatri Dutta: Associated with Wildlife Institute of India.
No, we have never received any kind of support, in kind donation or additional funding from anywhere. We have received a rapid grant HERE from WMF for the Wiki Loves Butterfly in North-East India (WLB-NEI) part-I project. At the end of the project INR 8789 (127.68 USD) remained unspent which has been duly mentioned in the grant report HERE and we would like to use the remaining fund in this Wiki Loves Butterfly North East India (WLB NEI Part II) project.
Previous project reports
We have received a rapid grant HERE from WMF for the Wiki Loves Butterfly part-I project. At the end of the project our budget slightly exceeded, the reason and description of which has been duly mentioned in the grant report HERE. After that we have also received a grant HERE for the WLB part-II which this the continuation of the previous project and also submitted the interim report HERE and final report also submitted HERE.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
Expenses for covering National park for three (3) persons
|Sl no.||Item description||Total INR||Total USD|
|1||Flight (Economy class) and Train Up and Down||40000||581.08|
|2||Local Transportation by car and bus||50000||726.35|
|3||Permission for Entering the Reserve Forest (ILP), Camera charges||15000||217.91|
|4||Food and Accommodation||30000||435.81|
1 INR → 0.015 USD
- "WP Village pump of Bengali Wikipedia".
- "WP Village pump of Bengali Wikipedia".
- "List of Participants".
- "Faculty of National Centre for Biological Sciences".
- "Principal investigator of Biodiversity Lab: biodiversity research and conservation in the Indian Region".
- "The Butterflies of India team".
- "Nature Mates's Official Website".
- "Project Trainee of Biodiversity Lab: biodiversity research and conservation in the Indian Region,National Centre for Biological Sciences".
- "The team of UNEP-GEF-ABS Project under The West Bengal Biodiversity Board".
- "Isaac Kehimkar" (PDF).
- "Monsoon Jyoti Gogoi".
- "Monsoon Jyoti Gogoi".
- "Giant hopper seen after 7km walk &100 years- Three butterfly experts spot and click a rare species of butterfly at Tale valley in Arunachal Pradesh".
- Strong support - The WLB team has been executing this project for last 3 consecutive years with a very tight and minimal budget. It is very surprising to find that the grant proposal has still not been reviewed even after submitting more than 3 months back. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 13:28, 20 November 2019 (UTC)