Fundraising 2012/Translation/Donor information pages/mzn
|Pages for translation: [edit status]|
|Jimmy Appeal (source)
||Missing - Please Translate|
|Landing Page and Banner messages (source)
||Missing - Please Translate|
|Donor information pages (source) All languages||Continue to translate|
Cancel or change recurring giving
We appreciate your contribution to the Wikimedia Foundation and supporting free knowledge. We know that sometimes circumstances can change and it's not possible to continue a recurring contribution. To cancel or change your subscription please follow the instructions below. Please do not include your credit card number or other financial information when contacting us.
- You need to log into your PayPal account, go to your profile under "My Account", click "Account info" and then "Preapproved payments".
- Follow the on-screen directions from that point on. You can find more information on PayPal.
- Alternatively you can follow the credit card directions below. Please be advised however that we can only cancel PayPal donations and not change them.
- Please email givingwikimedia.org including what type of change you would like to make and as much information as you can about the original gift such as:
- Email that was used for the donation receipt
- Full name used
- You will receive an email confirmation when the change is completed.
If you are having problems with your donation or need to ask questions, please review our frequently asked questions. If you still have doubts or need help tracking your transaction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is this site secure?
- The Wikimedia Foundation donation website is extremely secure and powered by Verisign Trusted. After clicking a banner or following a donation link, the page you're taken to is on a secured site (https); all information is encrypted and handled following the highest standard of data protection.
- My preferred payment method is not yet offered by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- We're sorry that we're currently unable to offer your preferred method of payment; in future fundraisers, we hope to have better options for donation in additional currencies. We would, however, love to know what methods are the most used by you and your country - please send us an email with your feedback, mentioning your country and the name of the payment method.
- We will attempt to add these options in the near future. In the meantime, please look at the following URL for other options that may be available to you at this time: Ways to give
- Why did my credit/debit card donation get rejected?
- If your payment was rejected or if you were not able to enter your card information on our donation page, please check your debit/credit card for the following cases:
- Your credit/debit card should be enabled for International use. Cards that can only be used in country (AKA Domestic cards) may not be accepted at this time.Please call your bank and request international access to be enabled.
- United States, United Kingdom and Canadian credit cards will only be accepted in these respective countries.
- Not all Virtual Cards may be accepted at this time. Virtual cards are frequently used for online purchases to protect your physical card's sensitive information. However, rest assured that our donation processing is backed up by professional, fully compliant processors and your information is extremely secure. So if your virtual card gets rejected, please use your regular credit/debit card instead.
- If you are using your debit card, please notice that the security code (C V V) is optional. If your debit card doesn't have a C V V just skip that field.
- Your bank may have flagged the transaction. This is particularly likely if this is the first time you are donating to Wikimedia. Please call your bank and request they unblock future transactions to Wikimedia so that your future donations will be processed.
- Why did I get a warning/error certificate while trying to donate?
- Please don't worry if you see a warning/error certificate while trying to donate. It is likely due to an outdated version of your browser. Please update your browser to a newer version or use a different browser. If the problem persists, please email us at email@example.com
If for any reason you wish to have your donation refunded, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need the following information in order to process your refund:
- Date of donation (All refund requests must be made within 90 days of donation)
- Amount donated (Donations above USD $10,000 are considered major donations and are subject to the applicable grant agreement between the Foundation and the donor)
- Full name
- Payment method used (credit card, bank transfer, E-wallet, ...)
- Country of origin
- Reason for the refund
Please note that some payment methods may not support refunds, or require refunds to be made through the payment method (card) utilised, so additional information may be required to process your refund. All refunds will be processed as quickly as possible, but processing times may vary depending on the payment method.
Matching Gifts are a great, easy way to double or even triple your donation to the Wikimedia Foundation. Many companies support employee philanthropy by offering matching gift programs. By taking advantage of your corporate matching gift program, you can maximize the value of your gift at no additional cost. Please check with your HR department to see if your employer will match your gift to the Wikimedia Foundation.
How does this program work?
Although programs may vary from company to company, the process is usually very simple:
- Confirm that your company has a matching gifts program and obtain the appropriate Matching Gifts Form from your employer
- Complete the form and send it to the Wikimedia Foundation at our address:
- Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
- P.O. Box 98204
- Washington, DC 20090-8204 USA
- or email: email@example.com
- The Wikimedia Foundation will verify your donation and send the form back to your company
- Your company will send a matching gift contribution to the Wikimedia Foundation
- Matching gifts should be directed to:
- For your reference, our United States Tax ID is:
Combined Federal Campaign
The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. is on the United States 2011 Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) Charity List as a national/international independent organization. Our code is: 61478.
Organizations that have supported the WMF through the generosity of their employees
Many people and their employers have already partnered in donating to the Wikimedia Foundation. We are grateful for their support and generosity. If someone has already donated a matching contribution, you can find more information about their matching gifts program here: