|प्रवेशद्वार||उपक्रम||व्यवसाय||इतिहास||सहभागी & समर्थक||गुप्तता||साधनसंपत्ती||चर्चा|
विकिमिडिया एलजीबीटी हा अविकार्य(थेमॅटिक) संस्था स्थापनेचा प्रस्ताव आहे.याची उद्घोषणा प्रथम विकिमॅनिया २०१२ मध्ये झाली. विकिमिडिया प्रकल्पातील आशय सुधारणेसाठी,जी एलजीबीटी समाजाची अभिरुची आहे त्यास, ही संस्था प्रोत्साहन देईल.
- एलजीबीटी सांस्कृतिक संस्थांना विकिमिडिया प्रकल्प वापरण्यासाठी उत्तेजन देणे व मुक्त संकृती व खुल्या प्रवेशाचा(पोहोचेचा) स्वीकार करणे.
- एलजीबीटी समाजास बळकट करण्याचे साधन म्हणून विकिमिडिया प्रकल्पांना प्रोत्साहन देणे.
- Create and expand content of interest to LGBT communities on Wikimedia projects and to increase the overall quality of such content in all languages.
- Improve the editing experience for all contributors by ensuring that LGBT+ related harassment is dealt with by simple policies in a prompt manner regardless of sexuality.
- Ensure that non-discrimination policies related to gender and sexuality are effective across all Wikimedia projects, and participate in discussions of discrimination of all types.
- Provide support networks for the LGBT+ community and allies, including welcoming IRC and OTRS support.
- Provide a sympathetic appeal mechanism when dispute resolution has failed and a contributor would prefer a self identified LGBT+ mediator or arbitrator to handle their case.
- Create a safer environment for LGBT+ readers of Wikimedia projects, with a special interest in improving the experiences of LGBT+ youth on Wikimedia projects.
- Build greater community among LGBT+ Wikimedians.
- Coordinate cross-wiki efforts among WikiProjects engaged in specific LGBT+ content development.
Wikimedia LGBT+ will fulfill its mission in the following ways:
- Provide training to organizations and individuals so that they can contribute content to Wikimedia projects.
- Create, collect, process, and present the sorts of metrics which describe usage statistics and quality of content of LGBT+ interest on Wikimedia projects.
While Wikimedia LGBT+ members will always be welcome to contribute content of LGBT+ interest themselves, the scope of the work which the project seeks to complete can only be engaged if many LGBT+ outreach programs all contribute their expertise to developing the content in their fields. The general practice ought to be that any educator of LGBT+ populations anywhere who is performing outreach in any field ought to share their information on Wikipedia if any of their target demographic uses the Internet as a source of information. When such an educator recognizes this, then that person ought to be able to contact Wikimedia LGBT+ and get appropriate training to enable them to share their information on Wikimedia platforms.
- Increased participation and visibility by LGBT+ communities at Wikimania 2012 - building towards even greater engagement at future Wikimanias.
- Increased (open) participation by members of the LGBT communities on all Wikimedia projects.
- Coordination of LGBT+ WikiProjects:
- Guidelines on Outreach for recommending and improving policies across Wikimedia projects:
- Chapter and WMF safe space policies to cover all events specifically ensuring any complaints of apparent LGBT+ related harassment are dealt with effectively and promptly.
- Guidance for new LGBT+ editors (and those that edit LGBT+ topics) on how to stay safe and how to find help when things go wrong.
- Simple guide to responding to LGBT+ related harassment or threats on all Wikimedia projects and IRC.
- Access to LGBT+ specific help on-wiki, IRC and email (for example, access to LGBT+ identified OTRS volunteers via lgbtwikimedia.org and gaywikimedia.org).
- Independent and expert assessment of the Wikimedia projects and the Wikimedia Foundation's effectiveness at handling homophobic harassment cases.
- Commissioned surveys and statistical reporting on LGBT+ participation and perception of editing experience in order to support planned improvements.
- Model for future minority population based thematic organizations:
- Ideally going into Wikimania 2013 with at least four such projects - LGBT+ among them.
Activities associated with Wikimedia LGBT+:
- Community building and outreach, with efforts focused at LGBT+ events, Wikimania, and other Wikimedia events.
- Promoting collaborations with other Wikimedia projects and with external organizations, such as WikiProject LGBT studies (English Wikipedia), the LGBT Free Media Collective (Wikimedia Commons), and Wiki Loves Pride.
- safe space development, including the "It Gets Better" campaign and a request for Wikimedia Foundation board resolution on homophobia.
- Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group Recognition - September 2014
- Renewals from 2015 WMCon Eligibility Renewal Sprint - December 2015
- "Wikipedia Series "Edit-a-Thons"". Guru Mavin. July 7, 2014.
- Phadnis, Renuka (July 7, 2014). "!!FUZZY!!". The Hindu.
- Milliken, Alice (July 7, 2014). "Wikipedia holds Pride ‘edit-a-thons’ to improve LGBT-related content". Pink News.
- Redmond, Jim (July 8, 2014). "Wiki Loves Pride Edit-a-thons Improve LGBT Content on Wikipedia". Towleroad.
- "Wikipedia Holds Wiki Loves Pride Event". American Library Association. July 10, 2014.
- Lasrado, Svetlana (July 15, 2014). "Wikipedia does its bit for sexual minorities". The New Indian Express.
- Moore, Jason; Howard, Dorothy (July 18, 2014). "Wiki Loves Pride 2014 and Adding Diversity to Wikipedia". Wikimedia Foundation.
- "Wikipedia Pride Month Celebrations in India culminate with edit-a-thons in various cities". Gaylaxy. July 20, 2014.
- Moore, Jason (June 17, 2016). "Help expand Wikipedia’s coverage of LGBT communities during Wiki Loves Pride". Wikimedia Foundation.
- Weaver, Madison (October 20, 2016). "Librarians work to make Wikipedia more inclusive with ‘Wiki Loves Pride’ event". The Bucknellian.
- Caballero, Lucía (15 March 2017). "La española que ha llegado a vicepresidir Wikimedia defendiendo al colectivo LGBT". eldiario.es (in Spanish).