Wikimedia LGBT/2021-06-01

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This online meetup is open to all members of the LGBT+ User Group, and is intended as an opportunity to discuss shared opportunities, challenges, and issues.

  • Date: Tuesdays 1 June 2021
  • See your local time here
  • GCal: link
  • Location: Zoom Meeting ID: 837 3660 2547 Passcode: WMLGBT+6

Please help us take rolling notes - Wikimedia LGBT etherpad (it will be transferred to wiki (below) after every meeting)

The Wikimedia Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct will be followed for this meeting.

Agenda[edit]

Please add your agenda item and who will lead its discussion:

  1. Welcome, Quick reminder of Friendly Space and UCoC, new introductions, and Agenda Review (FULBERT, 3 min)
  2. Interim Team (Fae, 10 min)
  3. QW Planning Team (Owen, 15 min)
  4. QW2021 Coordination Team learning points (FULBERT, 10 min)
  5. AOB

Planning to Attend[edit]

Attendees[edit]

Minutes[edit]

  • Governance
    • Governance proposal approved, time-limited to replacement with something voted on by the user group at QW2022. If no such meeting has occurred within 2 years, the governance proposal needs re-approval by the user group
    • Need to agree responsibility about the User group's logo (at some point)
    • Aside: Need to set up risk register and action list — Owen and Fæ to discuss in the next ~2 weeks
  • QW2022
    • Atm we don't have agreed names on grant writers or project managers. We need someone to bring together the vision for the conference and be a bubbly, upbeat, positive marketing/PR person. Our main task, currently, is to find that person — Owen to draft something this week, Jeffrey will review
    • Deadline end-Sept
    • Concern that hybrid model will be more difficult, but we don't need to solve that right now, just budget for doing so once we're setting everything up
    • Worth bearing in mind that WMF is not the type of funder we need to convince to give us money, so much as just convince them we're reliable
    • Concerns around the percieved positivity of the planning team aside, not getting a proposal together would also cause significant reputational damage
  • QW2021 Coordination Team learning points
    • UG met with WMF Research team; see Notes on Etherpad
    • Main topic was discussing problems with several recent surveys, with Leila from WMF Research and Christel from WMF T&S
    • Agreed to set up Centralized place with some expectations set where people can complain about problems with surveys
    • Seems like WMF unlikely to be able to set up an Ethics board (IRB) anytime soon
    • Conscious that there's a bunch of organisational change at WMF atm; probably need to wait for new CEO and for middle-management changes to settle down
    • Meeting definitely showed power of the UG as being a key stakeholder and voice for LGBTQ+ Wikimedians
    • Action for Leila due today (1 Jun 2021) to propose a draft solution — this is overdue; Jeffrey to follow up
    • Action for Christel to schedule a follow-up meeting in the week of 7 Jun 2021 — Jeffrey to follow up
  • Follow-ups from QW2021
    • We have not yet met with Chen at WMF Events team, so (format of) learning points not yet clear. (Need to remember to include those points in the QW2022 grant proposal)
    • The Organising team need to review the draft write-up from Stuart

Previous meetings[edit]

2021

2020

2019