Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat/Archives/2014-07
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created on 01 July 2014, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
Hi all! I would need some help to create a CentralNotice banner for the I Editatón Ambiental de Mendoza planned by Wikimedia Argentina in Mendoza, next July 6th. The banner should be based on the design available here.
We want to try the following campaign:
- link: //es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Encuentros/I_Editatón_Ambiental_en_Mendoza
- from July 1st to 6th, 2014.
- logged-in and anonymous users.
- only in Argentina, only in Spanish projects.
- text1: ¿Editás Wikipedia y vivís en Mendoza? ¡Vení al I Editatón Ambiental de la provincia!
- text2: Te esperamos este 6 de julio en ciudad de Mendoza.
- @Nicolás Miranda (WMAR): I see it's already in CentralNotice/Calendar. Thanks. I created a campaign and a banner. Would you mind checking the settings and previewing the banner before enabling it? PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:46, 30 June 2014 (UTC) (edit: fixed preview link)
Hi PiRSquared17, I saw the banner running perfectly yesterday but for some reason it's no longer showing today, would you happen to know the reason for that? Thanks again,Nicolás Miranda (WMAR) (talk)
- I'd guess it has to do with the Wikimania banner, but I may be wrong. Pcoombe_(WMF) may be able to help. I tried increasing the priority.  PiRSquared17 (talk) 17:55, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
MediaWiki:Visualeditor-ca-editsource/uk correct translate is "Редагувати код", see http://translatewiki.net/wiki/MediaWiki:Visualeditor-ca-editsource/uk//. ("Править викитекст" is in russian language).
- I just left a message on your talk page. --Glaisher (talk) 16:33, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
Copyright violation in Ukrainian wikipedia
I want to report about copyright violation in Ukrainian Wikipedia. I'm a freshman to Wikipedia. On July 5 I've mistakenly created an article Kuroda Yoshitaka. I took the text for the article from my Ukrainian book "Samurai chronicles" (Курода Йосітака // Коваленко О. Самурайські хроніки. Ода Нобунаґа. — К.: Дух і Літера, 2013. — 960 с. з іл. ISBN 978-966-378-293-5) P. 877–878. which is copyright protected. Because the article didn't fit the spelling standarts adopted in Ukrainian wikipedia and there were no any official permission (neither from me nor publishing house) to copy my book or parts from it, I've asked local administrators to delete the article basing on Wikipedia:Criteria for speedy deletion. G7. Author requests deletion. The article was quiclky deleted on July 5th. But then on July 10 it was restored by admin Aced. My protest was ignored, saying G7. rule is invalid. Several times (on 10th, 11th and 13th) I've made aditional requests to delete the article because of author requests and copyright violation. But the article was again restored by Ukrainian admins and I was blocked for 3 days because of "editing war". Please help to delete article which violates copyright. Adminstrators in Ukrainian ignore my requests.--O. Kovalenko (talk) 13:55, 13 July 2014 (UTC)
- Has nothing to do with Meta's admins and 'crats. See the same discussion Wikimedia_Forum#Copyvio_in_Ukrainian_wikipedia --Base (talk) 18:40, 13 July 2014 (UTC)
MassMessage rights request
I was directed here from Meta:MassMessage senders because I wish to make use of the Special:MassMessage page across multiple Wikis. Working with the medical translation project: en:WP:MEDTRANS I often find myself needing to contact several users on other Wikis from 1 to 10 users.
Additionally I am editor of the Medical Translation Newsletter, and may in the future also take on en:WP:MEDs The Pulse newsletter. To spread the newsletters I have previously been in contact with administrators engaged in the project, but they are very busy, and it would be helpful to be able to do it on my own.
- Thank you for your request, which seems like a reasonable use of the MassMessage tool, so I have added the right onto your user account. If you have any problems using the tool or have any questions, feel free to ask on this page. Thehelpfulone 21:21, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
Request "MassMessage sender" user right
Hello, I am working on developing a Newsletter for Learning and Evaluation team, part of Grantmaking department at WMF. I need to have MassMessage sender user rights, in order to enable a subscription option to our new outlet and send messages across wikis. This work in progress is expected to be published on the week of July 20-26. Thanks for your help! MCruz (WMF) (talk) 20:15, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
- Hi María, I've added the user right onto your account until the end of the month (31 July), if you need to use the tool for a longer period please just leave a message on this page and it will be extended. Thehelpfulone 21:24, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
I request a bureaucrat to close this, as there has been no objection for over one week. This is particularly time sensitive, since a banner is supposed to go up on July 16 per the calendar and I have not been able to design/test it yet. Thank you! harej (talk) 22:53, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the ping, Done. Thehelpfulone 22:54, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
On Special:Contributions footer there's a dead TS-link Edit counters: vvv's yaec
- Parameters: user, project (either meta.wikipedia or metawiki)
- Example: http://tools.wmflabs.org/xtools/ec/?user=Thehelpfulone&project=metawiki
Request for block
CentralNotice translation updates
So, once again, we have a totally-global central notice, with a link inviting everyone to “Help with translations!”, but when they do, the translations are ignored.
Could any admin (or whoever else with the proper permissions) publish those 17 translated banners?
- I have published the translations of Wikimania2014Final banners which appears to be correct. Thanks to various users across various wikis who helped in translating and reviewing them. Also sorry for the extremely delayed response. TOU amendment campaign have ended already. :-( --Glaisher (talk) 17:17, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, you are required to perform a NULL edit in case you want to get that updated immediately. Vogone (talk) 12:49, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
Request "MassMessage sender" user right
Hello. I am a long time Wikipedian, English Admin, Education and GLAM outreach person, etc. I am applying for the Mass Message right as the project manager for the The Wikipedia Library. I am responsible for communicating new partnership sign ups from our different language branches to other Wikipedia languages. We would like to see greater impact across non-English languages, and having access to this tool is part of reaching editors in other communities, Sadads (talk) 19:17, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
Request MassMessage Sender User Rights (Urgent)
Hello, I was granted MassMessage Sender User Rights some weeks ago because I need to send the Learning & Evaluation Quarterly Newsletter. I need to do that *today*. I thought I would still have the rights today, but I don't. Can someone please grant me the right again? Thank you very much! Greeting, MCruz (WMF) (talk) 13:09, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
- @MCruz (WMF): Temporary or permanent? --Glaisher (talk) 13:12, 31 July 2014 (UTC)