User talk:Biyanto Rebin (WMID)

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Re: ASBS[edit]

Hello! Re: this edit, I don't think I have you as the primary representative for Wikimedia Mexico :) but I also don't think I have you as the first contact for WMID either? Double checking so that private and public records align. Thanks. --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 13:49, 19 April 2019 (UTC)

Elitre (WMF) indeed not reps for Wikimedia Mexico, but instead for Wikimedia Indonesia. Seems to be a mistake. Please remove it if you can :) .--AldnonymousBicara? 13:53, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
Aldnonymous, the thing is that I have a different name for WMID anyway. I need to understand who is really primary and who is secondary anyway. If User:Biyanto Rebin (WMID) could email me, that'd be appreciated! --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 13:56, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for noticing my mistake. I will send the email to you, Elitre. --Biyanto Rebin (WMID) (talk) 14:43, 19 April 2019 (UTC)

Wikimedia 2020[edit]

Hello - I just saw the page where you are bidding to host this event. I have no idea of the process or timetable or how users support an application. Best wishes Charlesjsharp (talk) 14:00, 30 July 2019 (UTC)

A barnstar for you[edit]

Special Barnstar Hires.png The Special Barnstar
What a fantastic template this is: Template:WMID APG report. I really liked this one. Thanks and regards. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 18:17, 27 September 2019 (UTC)

@Tito (CIS-A2K): actually, I copied from Wikimania 2019. Thanks to WMSE team. :) --Biyanto Rebin (WMID) (talk) 08:57, 29 September 2019 (UTC)

Nomination for the Movement Strategy Transition Design Group[edit]

Hi Biyanto. To help the movement transition from the release of the Wikimedia 2030 recommendations into implementation, a transition process will take place virtually from September to November. This is where community members and other stakeholders will collectively prioritize and sequence among the recommendations, and discuss related resourcing needs and partnerships to carry forward implementation. To create this virtual transition process and develop an inclusive transition plan, a Design Group is being convened. You were nominated for the ESEAP region. Your regional experience and your expertise would be valuable assets for these discussions. The design discussions will be open and shared on-wiki, so community members and strategy enthusiasts can provide input in parallel as well.

Starting next week, June 29, until early August, the task will entail:

  • Working with a diverse group of people from across the movement to design a series of online events
  • Participating in weekly 2-hour calls (6 planned at the moment) happening on Mondays 16:00-18:00 UTC
  • Carrying out some asynchronous work in between, supported by a small Transition Support Team

Is this something you'd be interested in and have the time for? If timezone is a barrier for you, I would be more than happy to identify an alternative way to facilitate your weekly participation, although it may be necessary to join some of the calls, e.g. the first and the final calls.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thank you very much. MPourzaki (WMF) (talk) 19:52, 24 June 2020 (UTC)

Dear @MPourzaki (WMF): I would be happy to participate as I can bring the new perspective from our region. About the time barrier, let us see how it goes. It is 11 PM-1 AM in my time zone, I will join the meeting for the first time, and I will let you know if I feel comfortable or not, because it is already late, and I am afraid that I will not be in my best mind during the meeting.--Biyanto Rebin (WMID) (talk) 03:23, 25 June 2020 (UTC)
Dearest @Biyanto Rebin (WMID): Your perspective from ESEAP and your expertise in the movement would be huge assets for the transition design discussions. Thank you so much. I completely understand regarding the time zone and I like your idea. After the first call when everyone is introduced to each other and oriented, we can see if you feel comfortable or if you'd prefer a separate 1:1 call, which I would be more than happy to organize with you. Thank you so much. Looking forward to it. MPourzaki (WMF) (talk) 13:11, 25 June 2020 (UTC)
Hello @MPourzaki (WMF): looking forward to working together again! --Biyanto Rebin (WMID) (talk) 02:48, 26 June 2020 (UTC)

Thank you for helping to create the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations[edit]

Wikimedia 2030 Celebration Image Wikimedia 2030
Thank you very much for everything you did to help create the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations! I am especially grateful for the enormous amount of work you did in the Revenue Streams working group and all the care and commitment you brought to the process. --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 12:51, 25 June 2020 (UTC)

Growth features on Indonesian Wikipedia[edit]

Hello

I'm Trizek (WMF). I'm one of the Community Relations Specialists, and I work with the Growth team at the Wikimedia Foundation.

I'm looking for your help about Indonesian Wikipedia. :)

The Growth team's goal is to create tools that would help newcomers. Our goal is to help newcomers when they edit for the first time. The objective is to increase the retention of new editors.

This is the newcomer homepage (displayed using Czech language)

We have created several tools to help them, and also to help community members who help them :

  • Newcomer tasks: a feed of task suggestions that help newcomers learn to edit. Newcomers have been making productive edits through this feed!
  • Newcomer homepage: a special page that hosts the "newcomer tasks" and is a good place for a newcomer to get started.
  • Help panel: a platform to provide resources to newcomers while they are editing. If they do suggested tasks, they are step-by-step guided.

We would be interested to work with you community, since your Wikipedia already has some initiatives around newcomers, like an help desk and some mentors.

I already left a message on the proposal page for Indonesian Wikipedia, but this message has no success. I wonder if you can help me finding the right people to talk with.

Let me know if you have any question!

Best, Trizek (WMF) (talk) 14:46, 12 August 2020 (UTC)

Dear @Trizek (WMF): I inform this to our community team, she will inform the community. @Cahyo (WMID): and @Hillun Vilayl Napis (WMID):. --Biyanto Rebin (WMID) (talk) 05:34, 19 August 2020 (UTC)
Great, thank you very much! Trizek (WMF) (talk) 15:23, 24 August 2020 (UTC)

Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Strategic flock of Wikimedians heading in a new direction.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 23:26, 19 August 2020 (UTC)

Sunday October 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Friendship is a movement value.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the September and August SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday October 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 16:41, 22 October 2020 (UTC)

Global Conversations registration reminder[edit]

Hi Biyanto Rebin (WMID),

This is a reminder that if you have not yet registered for the Global Conversations on Nov. 21 and 22, please do so! Register here. Registration closes by Nov. 20. We will email you the login information for Zoom prior to the call. Thank you. Looking forward to welcoming you this weekend.

MPourzaki (WMF) (talk) 16:25, 17 November 2020 (UTC)

Sunday November 29 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Take flight with us.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, and October SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday November 29, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of 03:00 UTC and 19:00 UTC are the same as before, although a number of places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 01:26, 27 November 2020 (UTC)

Sunday January 10 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Into the blue.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, and November SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including SWAN input on Interim Global Council and Movement Charter, this month we are meeting on Sunday January 10, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To start the exchange of ideas on the IGC early, and to help prepare before the SWAN calls, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this etherpad. If you like a more interactive way of discussing, we have also made a jamboard. Check here for more details.

--Pharos (talk) 14:50, 4 January 2021 (UTC)