Blind Wikimedians User Group
Blind Wikimedians User Group, formerly known as WikiBlind, is a new international online group in which our members, blind, low vision and sighted, can connect with each, and discover the options we most enjoy for participating in the free and open knowledge movement.
If you would like more information on options for joining us, we would love to include you! Please give us your name and email address in this very short Survey Monkey form.
Our group of volunteers started forming as a Facebook group called WikiBlind, starting on 24 April 2019. If you are on Facebook, please come join our group! WikiBlind group on Facebook
Everyone is welcome to join in the adventures, all ages, abilities and cultures. We strive to be radically welcoming and inclusive, and want to identify and overcome the barriers that stop people from being able to participate in this wild wiki world!
On May 15, we submitted our first Rapid Grant proposal to Wikimedia and would welcome your review, comments and endorsements. If you are interested in learning how you might be able to qualify for your own funding from the Wikimedia Foundation, please take a look at WMF Rapid Grants and message us to learn more.
We are also now set up as @wikiBlind on Twitter and we are looking for tweeters!
If you would like to be a part of the Blind Wikimedians User Group, you can add your username to this list. This is done by typing a number sign (#) below the list of names already here, then four tildes ("~~~~"), then clicking on Publish Changes. Try it!
- Graham87 (talk) 02:31, 26 April 2019 (UTC)
- DrMel (talk) 02:36, 26 April 2019 (UTC)
- Shabab Mustafa (talk) 21:18, 27 April 2019 (UTC)
- Ehollig (talk) 00:21, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
- Kayusyussuf (talk) 13:44, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
- WittiePenguin (talk) 07:44, 30 April 2019 (UTC)
- Rforrejin (talk) 13:20, 30 April 2019 (UTC)
- RexxS (talk) 17:51, 1 May 2019 (UTC)
- This is Paul (talk) 17:53, 1 May 2019 (UTC)
- Quiddity (talk) 19:29, 1 May 2019 (UTC)
- DrKirkAdams (talk) 20:18, 1 May 2019 (UTC)
- MatTheMusician (talk) 03:17, 15 May 2019 (UTC)MatTheMusician
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:00, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
- Academic Challenger (talk) 06:25, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
- Comp1089 (talk) 15:24, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
- Hello from Peter in San Diego County, CA, USA aka Vid2vid (talk) 21:24, 28 August 2019 (UTC)!
- KaraLG84 (talk) 19:43, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
- --RightCowLeftCoast (talk) 23:16, 9 May 2019 (UTC)
- --Vahidmasrour (talk) 20:45, 12 July 2019 (UTC)
- --DannyS712 (talk) 22:07, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Rotideypoc41352 (talk) 20:30, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
- --Filipinayzd (talk) 18:14, 17 October 2019 (UTC)
Skylar Covich (User:Academic Challenger) will be attending the National Federation of the Blind of California convention from November 7-10, in Milpitas, California. He will hand out WikiBlind cards and explain the process of editing Wikipedia.