Wikimania 2016 bids/Esino Lario/Meeting rooms/Villa Monastero
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Address: Varenna
- Owner: Province of Lecco
- Cost: Full rate 2.250,00 euro per day (including meeting rooms and accommodation)
- Distance from Villa Clotilde (information desk and registration site): around 30 minutes by car (Villa Monastero is in Varenna).
- Website: http://www.villamonastero.eu/index.php/en/
Villa Monastero is an astonishing beautiful villa on Lake Como. It is a public building (owned by the Province of Lecco) with a conference centre in Varenna and with some rooms.
Conference and meeting rooms (5 rooms)
|The Fermi Hall||65-88||Theatre|
|The Council room||15||Single table|
|The black room||25||Theatre|
|The multimedia room||25||School|
|The Polvani room||30||Horseshoe|
12 bedrooms with view of the lake (4 single and 8 double).
Wikimania Esino Lario venue
We have booked Villa Monastero to use it for
- GLAM event.
- Press conferences.
- Presence in Varenna - a major hub coming from Milan.
- Back up plan for the hackathon in case of difficult connectivity in Esino Lario. Villa Monastero regularly hosts the national conference of physics and it has access to the GARR, a fast connectivity of the Italian national research centre.
Villa Monastero on Wikimedia Commons
Inside the villa