|← Wikimedia committees||भाषा समिति|
|यह पृष्ठ भाषाओं पर गठित समिति के बारे में जानकारी प्रदान करता है।|
|For requesting users|
|Closing projects (voluntarily)|
The Wikimedia Foundation language committee is in charge of developing a clear policy and documentation for new language projects and their proposal, processing those requests, and supporting and coordinating new projects to optimize their success.
The Language Committee mainly acts in the Requests for new languages process by reviewing the requests, giving advice and eventually recommending the creation of new language versions to the Board. Individual Langcom members also take care of the proposals for closing projects. If you have any questions (for example about the possible requesting of a new language version), please direct these to the talk page or directly to any member.
समिति का उत्तरदायित्व निम्नलिखित प्रकार से है।
- The development and maintenance of:
- a clear step-by-step policy (based on quantitative indicators) for evaluating the feasibility of new language wikis, with an automated procedure for project development;
- support and policy development for script and localization related problems;
- documentation to support new language communities towards a stable growth rate;
- support and coordination for cross-language projects, helping smaller communities share resources and maximize their results;
- support and coordination to maintain compatibility among the different MediaWiki installations, in order to reduce the amount of development needed to upgrade the program base as far as localization is concerned.
- The processing of requests for new language subdomains of existing Wikimedia projects, providing it gives the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees four days advance notice before approving a request.
The goals of the committee are to:
- minimize the political aspects connected to the release of new projects, moving the focus towards purely quantitative decision criteria;
- minimize the need of localization-related funding and development by providing a common shared policy;
- maximize the reuse of proven marketing techniques among different editions;
- maximize the co-operation level among different language communities by providing common fields of activity;
- achieve the widest possible localization level for MediaWiki at the lowest cost, in order to maintain and improve its leading role as an open-source content management system.
- The whole set of activities of the language committee is public, and any advice from the community is welcome.
- The committee values the fact that projects are a property of the single editors who make it and considers users' necessities as the primary source for policy.
- The committee is especially interested in hearing those who proposed a new wiki in the past and got either refused or approved.
If you want to make a proposal to the committee, for example to approve a certain project, please do so on the talk page.
Anyone can follow the discussions of the language committee by subscribing to the public mailing list langcom at lists.wikimedia.org, on which the internal proceedings are made. गैर-सदस्यों को आम तौर पर चर्चा में भाग नहीं लेना चाहिए। When it is necessary however, they can send a mail which a list administrator will need to accept manually.
Prior to April 2013, the discussions happened on a private mailing list. From June 2011 to April 2013, members of the community could ask to become "langcom observers". They then received copies of the e-mails sent to the internal committee mailing list.
The committee resumed the use of a private mailing list for the discussion of personal matters in 2017.
यदि आप सदस्य बनने में रुचित हैं, तो कृपया langcom-llists.wikimedia.org को एक ई-मेल भेजें।
|Amir E. Aharoni (Amire80)||he, ru, en-4, ca-3, eo-2, es-2, fr-2, it-2, ar-1||Middle East, Israel, Jerusalem
Europe, Russia, Moscow (until 1991)
|André Müller (N-true)|
|Antony D. Green||en, de-4, fr-2, ga-1, cy-1||Europe, Germany, Berlin
North America, United States, Texas (formerly)
|Maor Malul (Maor X)||es, en-5, lad-4, pt-4, de-3, he-3, ca-3, af-2, guc-2, ar-1||Middle East, Israel, Jerusalem
South America, Venezuela, Caracas (until 2013)
|Gerard Meijssen (GerardM)||nl, en-3, de-1||Europe, Netherlands, Flevoland|
|Jon Harald Søby||nb, en-4, nn-3, sv-3, da-2, de-2, sw-2, eo-1, es-1, ro-1||Europe, Norway, Trondheim|
|Karen Broome (Karen)||en-N, jp-2, fr-2, cs-2, de-1, he-1||North America, USA, California|
|— (MF-Warburg)||de, en-3, fr-2, la-2, tet-1, es-1||Europe, Germany, North Rhine-Westphalia
Europe, France, Occitania (formerly)
|Michael Everson (Evertype)||en, da-3, de-3, es-3, ga-3, fr-2, et-1, it-1, nl-1, nn-1,
no-1, pt-1, ro-1, ru-1, sv-1, tlh-1, yi-1
|Europe, Ireland, County Laois
North America, United States, Pennsylvania (formerly)
|Milos Rancic (Millosh)||sr (hr, bs, sh), en-3, ru-2, mk-2, sl-2, bg-2,
cu-2, uk-1, be-1, ry-1, sk-1, cs-1
|Europe, Serbia, Belgrade||Closing projects|
|Oliver Stegen (Baba Tabita)||de, en-4, sw-3 nl-1, fr-1||Europe, Germany, Siegen
Africa, Tanzania, Kondoa (formerly)
|Robin Pepermans (SPQRobin)||nl, en-3, fr-2, af-1, de-1||Europe, Belgium, Flemish Brabant||Closing projects|
|Santhosh Thottingal (santhosh.thottingal)||ml, hi-3, en-3, ta-2||Asia, India, Chennai (Madras)|
|Satdeep Gill||pa, en-4, pnb-4, hi-3, ur-3, fr-3, es-2, fa-1, io-1||Asia, India, Punjab|
Steven White (StevenJ81)
|en, fr-3, he-2, lad-1||North America, USA, New Jersey||Closing projects|
- James Heilman (Aug 2017 - )
|Akash Shah (Aksi great)||2007–2008|
|Maria Fanucchi (Arria Belli)||2007–2017|
|Huib Laurens (Abigor)||2010–2013|
|Bèrto 'd Sèra||2006–2017|
|Jesse Plamondon-Willard (Pathoschild)||2006–2011|
|Michal Zlatkovský (Timichal)||2006–2008|
|Sabine Cretella (SabineCretella)||2006–2009|
|Shanel Kalicharan (Shanel)||2007–2017|
|Zacharias Diakonikolaou (ZaDiak)||2011–2017|
This is an unofficial log of the committee's progress. For a log of requests and closures, see requests for new languages.
Date Event Update 2006-06-06 policy SabineCretella draft proposed. 2006-07-03 langcom Subcommittee initially proposed, but the proposal is never received. 2006-09-16 langcom Subcommittee is proposed again, and accepted. 2006-11-11 policy Pathoschild draft unofficially proposed. 2006-11-21 policy Pathoschild draft implemented through the community without subcommittee approval. 2007-01-02 policy GerardM draft proposed. 2007-01-14 policy GerardM-Pathoschild policy draft proposed. 2007-02-06 policy GerardM-Pathoschild policy draft selected; discussion begins on adjustments needed before the final version. 2007-02-20 policy GerardM-Pathoschild policy draft finalized and forwarded to the Special projects committee for comment. 2007-02-26 policy GerardM-Pathoschild draft implemented. 2007-04-28 policy Subcommittee authorized to approve without board approval, given the board receives five days advance notice. 2009-01-20 langcom The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees decided that the Subcommittee becomes a Committee. 2011-05-13 langcom The committee holds its first-ever real-life meeting in Berlin. 2011-06 langcom Introduction of observers 2013-04-13 langcom switch to a public mailing list, mail:langcom
वयह भी देखें