User talk:Drbug

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Прощайте дружище[edit]

Непрофессионализм админов перешёл критическую черту. Моё терпение лопнуло. Всего вам хорошего. --Schekinov Alexey Victorovich 20:31, 25 March 2011 (UTC)

  • Вот цитата:

    Одно только недавнее разжигание межнациональной вражды Schekinov Alexey Victorovich на форуме стоило блокировки за деструктивное поведение, по совокупности давно достаточно на прогрессивку... Victoria (A) 21:12, 25 марта 2011 (UTC)

Меня только что безаппеляционно обвинили в уголовном преступлении, что в силу беспочвенности является также преступлением и не на пространстве вики, а в УК, и что - этот человек забанен? А вот и нет. Ибо это админ. А админу можно выходит и УК РФ нарушать и из корпоративной солидарности все молчат. Ну не добавить-не убавить. Жесть! --Schekinov Alexey Victorovich (talk) 21:53, 25 March 2011 (UTC)

Press release[edit]

Editing on the meta version of the press release has effectively stopped. Please finalize your version of the press release. We may be distributing them as early as Monday the 29th. --maveric149 22 Sep 2003

Русская Вика в дауне. Я добавил   в http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Mainpage между словами "Заглавная" и "страница". Для того, чтобы в меню они не переносились на другую строку. В итоге, из-за знака ";" вся русская Вика ушла в даун с сообщением:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/local/apache/common-local/php-new/includes/Skin.php on line 872
Не знаете как всё можно исправить? Я пишу админам и девелоперам в английской вике, но они пока молчат. --Ctac
Не знаю, кто всё починил. Но Вика вновь заработала. Ура!--212.5.125.25 11:38, 21 Aug 2004 (UTC)

Science pearls[edit]

Hi,

I address you as the ambassador of your wikipedia. Please notice the above project.

This project, more than other projects, will benefit from inter-wiki cooperation. Can you post a message regarding this project at your wikipedia village pump?

Thanks for your help, APH from the English wiki

Question concerning Soviet Copyright[edit]

Hi. I fear you were asked this question a million times before, but I still hope you'd give me an answer. The English Wikipedia lists a certain category of images that are flagged as PD, due to their release prior to May 1973. Could you confirm the information that these pictures are PD ? And do you know anything about the legal situation in Germany concerning these pictures?

Greetings an Best Wishes. - http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Nasiruddin , German Wikipedia, Portal Imperialism and World Wars


Trust in Wikipedia[edit]

this is Cathy from Hong Kong working on a research about trust on Wikipedia. I wonder if you would kindly contact me at researchingmedia@gmail.com? I'd like to chat with you about Wikipedia of your language. Would you kindly drop me your email or IM (Skype, MSN, AIM or ICQ)? It wouldn't take more than ten minutes, but it would help enormously for us to understand the overall trust-based social landscape of Wikipedia. Thank you!

Disputed image[edit]

Dear Dr Bug, I don't know why your (and anyone else's) honour should be under discussion for such a case.
I admit I gave an opinion based on Jaroslavleff's words only and without knowing in detail the policies of ru.wiki.
On it.wiki we started to be very cautious and began to remove many pictures for which the situation is not crystal clear. We allowed few exception after discussion, but they mainly refer to "public" information only (coat of arms, road signs and so on).
The cleanest way to solve the problem is to ask the user who uploaded the picture to send an email to permissions@wikimedia.org in which he/she declares under his/her responsibility to have obtained the agreement of the "Olimp" company to use the picture.
Hope this helps. Bye. --Paginazero 13:50, 19 July 2006 (UTC)

По поводу падонкоффской вики[edit]

Вы пишете "If there's a space for "Siberian language" in the wiki, there should be a space for the "Padonkian language", too. Despite none of them should be treated seriously, in my opinion."
Но при этом голосуете за падонкоффскую, но против сибирской, как вас понимать? Ответьте, пожалуйста.--Kojpiš Anton 16:22, 18 August 2006 (UTC)

Уважаемый Антон, я уже написал своё мнение - создание обеих подразделов примерно одинаково неуместно. За "падонкафкую" я проголосовал просто потому что так захотела моя левая пятка. Можете свободно цитировать это моё высказывание... Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 05:24, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
Огромное вам спасибо за честный отрвет.--Kojpiš Anton 17:33, 19 August 2006 (UTC)

Thanks![edit]

Rosetta Barnstar.png The Rosetta Barnstar
Thanks for your help with translations! Evrik 01:06, 3 September 2006 (UTC)

Ref.

You're welcome! Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 07:13, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
And thank you for the Rosetta Barnstar! :-) Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 07:14, 3 September 2006 (UTC)

Check User mailing list[edit]

Unfortunately I'm just a subscriber of the list as you are. I cannot answer about the delay. Please wait for a while and, if necessary, write again. Sorry. Bye. --Paginazero - Ø 12:58, 4 September 2006 (UTC)

(Sorry - I confused the topic) - yes, the list is moderated. Please be patient for a while. Bye. --Paginazero - Ø 13:00, 4 September 2006 (UTC)

Transbabel[edit]

Hi, Drbug, would you like to put Transbabel besides babel templates? It indicate you as so-and-so lang combo translators and help to generate a translator list automatically.

Thank you for your consideration! The preceding unsigned comment was added by Aphaia (talk • contribs) .

Dear Naoko, thank you for this informaion. But is it possible to do this withoud user box? I don't like user boxes, and if there is some plain text template or category, I would prefere to use it. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 10:00, 15 September 2006 (UTC)

Stewards/elections 2006-2[edit]

Paginazero хочет, чтобы мы исправили его переводы на русский. Да и сами можем переводить данные о кандидатах на русский или любой другой нам доступный язык. --Obersachse 16:54, 15 November 2006 (UTC)

Переводы[edit]

Спасибо. :o) --Paginazero - Ø 17:47, 15 November 2006 (UTC)

Translation_teams/ru[edit]

Привет! я добавил тебя в Translation_teams/ru - думаю, не зря --Kaganer 16:06, 22 May 2007 (UTC)

Да, ты не ошибся. Спасибо! Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 20:35, 22 May 2007 (UTC)

Re: Я хочу подать иск в АК[edit]

Привет Drbug! Спасибо за помощь. Я не знал что есть Ombudsmen Commission на ru.wiki. :o) Пока. --Paginazero - Ø 20:57, 24 May 2007 (UTC)

Добрый день, Paginazero! эта комиссия Ombudsman_commission - здесь, на Мете... У нас там (в ruwiki) пока только Арбитражный комитет :-). Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 21:12, 24 May 2007 (UTC)

Привет еще Drbug. Тебе ничего смотреть эту просьбу проверки пользователя [1]? Большое тебе спасибо. --Paginazero - Ø 18:10, 1 June 2007 (UTC)

Не за что! Написал. Правда, и без проверки, по modus operandi понятно, кто это... Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 15:45, 8 June 2007 (UTC)

Translations[edit]

Thanks for translating the candidate statements to Russian! If you could, when you're done translating, it would be great if you could add links to the translations in Template:Election candidates 2007/quickview ML, like this, so that others can find them more easily. Thanks again! —METS501 (talk) 12:19, 13 June 2007 (UTC)

Hi, welcome to the coordinator team and thank you for your enormous translations! If you or your friends have posted something to Russian projects, please list those postings on Board elections/2007/Translations/en#Wikimedia projects, our distribution list. Thanks again! --Aphaia 00:14, 15 June 2007 (UTC)

Ok, I will do this tomorrow! Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 19:07, 23 June 2007 (UTC)

Chapter stuff[edit]

Hello Vladimir,

One first comment. There seem to be a confusion in your assessment of what a chapter *is*. Chapters are *not* chapters of the Wikimedia Foundation. They are simply Wikimedia chapters. They are independant legal entities that just share a name and overall goals with the Foundation.

To go back on your list:

  • Management of content rights:
    • Gathering of written GFDL confirmations from authors (to send them to WMF).
      • I don't see that as a necessity from chapters, since this is taken care of by the community, but why not?
        • I mean, to do this in some systematic way. It's quite easier to Russian authors to send letter to Russian address.
    • Issuing approvals for commercial organisations to allow them to use Wikipedia/etc content.
      • Not so much to use the content as to use the trademark. Remember, content is free ;-)
        • Content is of course free, but no one will seriously work in Russia not having a paper with signature (and stamp) allowing him to use the content. So most need some written document confirming that the content is free. What do you think about this? It is a question of responsibility, indeed...
          • Then noone will work with Russia. You have to realize (and I realize that every day) that Wikipedia is a new "way of doing things". No organisation, whether the Wikimedia Foundation or the chapter, should ever take responsibility for a content that's widely known as "user generated content". If they're not going to do anything without a written paper, then...nothing will be done ;-)
    • Commercial activity such as printing Wikipedia/etc or publishing on DVD.
      • Never ever ever. Chapters (as well as the Foundation) should NEVER engage in publishing activities of any kind, print or offline. It is a very important basic point to remember. Authors are responsible for the content. The chapters and the Foundation may work in partnership with publishers so as to help them with publishing the content of the projects (such as the project I talked about on the village pump of a Russian DVD), never become a publisher themselves.
        • It's just due to my bad wording :-). I meant, to arrange agreements with publishers to promote them to publish the products. Again, few here will use here free content non having an agreement at hands.
          • OK.
    • To represent WMF in courts (subject to additional POA from WMF on per case basis).
      • Again, this should never happen. Chapters are legally independant organisations from the Foundation. Although they might assist the Foundation in understanding a legal case, they should never represent the Foundation to avoid the Foundation be liable in a country where it is not by default liable. Having the chapters act as representatives in their country of origin would extend the scope of laws under which the Foundation had to operate. So when the first chapters have been founded, we've made sure that they stayed completely independant from the Foundation. It is our most important line of defence.
        • It's again wrong wording case from me. I meant, to assist WMF in Russia whenever WMF decides it is resonable. For example, in cases of WMF's trademark violations, etc.
        • Then OK :-)
  • Promotion of Wikipedia/etc and of free content ideology.
    • Advertising.
      • Why not ;-)
    • Organisation of meetings and conferences.
      • Yes
    • Lobbying of Copyleft/other free licenses-friendly changes in legislation.
      • Yes
    • To represent WMF in different forums.
      • No, again please forget the "representation" idea. In local forums, Wikimedia Russia would represent Wikimedia Russia. End of the story ;-).
        • I think it's bad wording again. Chapters can not avoid somehow representing WMF and its projects, because they have WM in their title :-). I'll try to explain in more details, what I mean. What if Russian Wikipedia is nominated to some prize? It's some kind of officiality, so prize organizers may need some Russia-registered artificial person to represent the project. How should it be managed? Should local chapters care of it or they should avoid any national prizes?
        • Of course, Wikipedia/etc are community-driven. However, it's sometime inconvient or even impossible to act without having some registered artificial persons, that should somehow represent the community. If it shouldn't be chapter, it's ok with me, but I just a bit in doubt, if chapters can not represent the community at some minor extent, who could? (It's not a rhetoric question, I really interested in answer!)
          • Then the better wording is "act as a real-life emanation of the community when needed". Yes, you're right, getting a prize and stuff can be one of those things. But it also can be that Wikimedia Russia pays the train trip to any random or designated community member ot go and get the prize for example, on behalf of the Wikipedia community. I think the tricky word her eis "representation". A better word would probably be that a chapter will be mandated by the community to do things. It does not by default take the place of the community. If that makes sense.
  • Local technical maintainance:
    • Local cashing servers infrastructure.
      • If the need arises and the chapter does not become liable by hosting content, yes, such as the help that has been provided by Wikimedia Germany in Amsterdam.
    • Local service servers (for bots, mailservers, etc).
      • I would see that as a service to the community, so why not, yes.
        • Of course, to the community. I suppose, everything the charter does, is for the community - either for those who are already users of Wikipedia/etc, of who may become user of it :-).
  • Finances.
    • Managing donations, fundraisings.
      • Yes.

Hope my answers help.

Please have a look at Wikimedia Chapters, Local chapters FAQ as well as Step-by-step chapter creation guide for more info. You can also direct your questions at the Chapters committee or write to me directly at dmenard [zat] wikimedia [punto] org. notafish }<';> 15:34, 5 July 2007 (UTC)

Thank you very much. I've looked there earlier! I just tryed to say in my own words how I understand it, to avoid and fix any discrepancies! Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 16:29, 5 July 2007 (UTC)
Hope my further answers clarify some of the dark points. notafish }<';> 15:48, 17 July 2007 (UTC)

Письмо Кэри Бассу[edit]

Примерно так:

Сообщество русской Википедии организует первую Викиконференцию - см. ru:Википедия:Викиконференция 2007 (пока, к сожалению, только по-русски). Она должна состояться 27-28 октября в Санкт-Петербурге (Россия). Как только будет определённость с местом проведения, будет сделан краткий пресс-релиз, который мы обязательно переведём на английский язык (ориентировочно - в начале следцующей недели).

Для общения с различными организациями орг. комитету очень помог бы e-mail вида "ruwikiconference(at)wikimedia.org". Можем ли мы попросить Фонд выделить нам такой e-mail хотя бы временно, на период конференции? Это нужно для использования в пресс-релизах и переписки с потенциальными участниками - ВУЗами и иными консервативными организациями.

На наш взгляд, это мог бы быть адрес, перенаправляемый на специальный лист рассылки, участниками которого будут члены оргкомитета. По нашему мнению, это не должно согздать большой нагрузки на сервера Фонда.

Можно ли рассчитывать на такую помощь ?

С уважением, и т.п.

--Kaganer 17:09, 10 September 2007 (UTC)

Ok, here is the translation with my minor adjustments, I will copy it to Cary:

The Russian Wikipedia (and other mediawikis) community is organising its first WikiConference (ru:Википедия:Викиконференция 2007 - unfortunately, in Russian only yet; it might be something like Wikimania 2006). It is planned on October 27-28 in St.Petersburg (Russia). As soon as we make a final choice where exactly it will be held, we will issue a short press-release, which we are going to translate in English (hopefully in beginning next week).

In order to contact various organisations, a e-mail like "ruwikiconference(at)wikimedia.org" would be quite useful for the organisation committee. Could we ask the Foundation to grant us such an address at least temporarily? We need it for use in press-releases and when writing to potential participans like universities and other rather conservative institutions.

As we see it, it could be a e-mail address redirected to a mail list used by the wikiconference organisation committee members. We suppose it couldn't cause any significant load on the Foundation's servers.

Could you please advise us if we could get a help like this, or how we would handle this problem else?

Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 19:18, 10 September 2007 (UTC)

Спасибо. Я там за нас обоих подписался ;) --Kaganer 15:34, 11 September 2007 (UTC)

О НП[edit]

Сэр, Срок голосования по учредителям был установлен 8 октября, сегодня 20, я в очередной раз спустился с гор, через неделю мне на вахту недели на две уезжать. Давайте завершать, тем более я остался один под вопросом :-). Надеюсь, этому есть технические причины. --Egor 13:43, 20 October 2007 (UTC)

Да я думаю, что DrBug ждал, пока все выскажутся. А они тормозят. Я попросил Айвола и Стаса определиться - думаю, этого будет достаточно. --Kaganer 11:28, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
Спасбо, Павел! Мне хотелось дождаться чтобы было не совсем на грани. Поскольку возражений нет, то теперь всё понятно. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 17:59, 22 October 2007 (UTC)

Events[edit]

Посмотри Events#Wiki-Conference in Russia. Если есть поправки - вноси. --Kaganer 00:41, 9 November 2007 (UTC)

Wikimedia Russia[edit]

I saw that you now have finished the translatioon of your By-laws. Are you planing to contact Chapcom for their recommendation fro approval soon? Anders Wennersten 18:05, 29 March 2008 (UTC) (ChapCom member)

I finished my revision. Wulfson 19:28, 31 March 2008 (UTC)

Кстати, я написал в Talk:Wikimedia Russia/Устав про "Президента" - мне кажется, что это зря затеяли, уж очень претенциозно выходит. --Kaganer 08:46, 1 April 2008 (UTC)

Ответил. В принципе, я даже не знаю. С одной стороны хорошо, с другой - плохо. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 11:50, 1 April 2008 (UTC)

Выборы[edit]

А ты не забыл проголосовать ?

)--Kaganer

Falsification by ru.wikipedia.org checkusers[edit]

Thank you very much for finally revealing to the public the terrible behavior of ru.wikipedia.org checkusers.

I would like to follow up on that. This is regarding falsifications by ru.wikipedia.or checkusers and the so-called "arbkom". I already wrote about this to Kv75, but he did not reply.

I was accused of having the following sockpuppets which do not belong to me and cannot have any intersection with my IP address (and you know my IP address): :ru:User:+Shipilov, :ru:User:VirginiaRules, :ru:!WaMu, :ru:User:!MaiBan, :ru:User:Parrots, :ru:User:Popinjay, :ru:User:NSB, :ru:User:Попугай 1973, :ru:User:WaiFai2. In particular, here Kv75 attributed an account to me. Recently DR attriburted another account to me, and preveiously he found an intersection of one of these accounts with some other "active use", not me, but refused to report who that was.

So, my request to you is to check these accounts and the checkuser logs, investigate and explain who orchestrated these falsifications and why. SA ru 15:02, 16 February 2009 (UTC)

OK. Let me put it little differently. Given your own words:

Если бы спросили, то получили бы ответ, который я неоднократно давал, в том числе на выборах в Арбком почти два года назад (там пояснение сформулировано сразу под под «пьедесталом изложения подходов»): флаг проверяющего нужен мне для следующих вещей:

  • контролировать отсутствие нарушений со стороны других проверяющих;
  • принимать участие в разрешении сложных случаев, что приводит к более разносторонней оценке ситуации;
  • иметь возможность компенсировать выпадение из работы других проверяющих (я имею возможность продемонстрировать это на примере флага бюрократа: пока был активен Томас, моя постоянная активная работа не требовалась; сейчас, когда у Томаса возникли проблемы, я оперативно выполняю все необходимые действия).
I conclude that you knew very well that the above named accounts did not belong to me. Nonetheless, you approved the falsification, which makes you a falsifier yourself (which is not a big surprise after the story with :ru:User:Kavel). SA ru (talk) 06:29, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
Sorry for delay. Unfortunately, I can't help you now: I've suspended by checkuser actions. I didn't check +Shipilov and others. However, I don't understand why are you interested in those checks. Whether or not theses +Shipilov, etc. were controlled by you, it currently doesn't change fate of your account. If you wish it to be unblocked at ru, you should apply to Arbcom... Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 16:21, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi Drbug, Let's not pretend to be crazy here. I need your confirmation that +Shipilov and others is not me because I want to get the record straight. Falsification is a serious misconduct. You are a checkuser, so please go ahead and check these accounts or read the log. This is your job. Unblocking me in ru.wikipedia.org would be also good because I am a good author and I did not deserve to be blocked (I did not violate any rules as you know very well). You are a sysop; you can unblock me if you want. I do not care about the "arbcom" because at least 3 arbiters are not trustworthy. Please check out this page and leave your comments. SA ru 17:29, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
You are quite active in your political games in ru.wikipedia.org these days, but cannot respond to a simple checkuser request. By the way, I do not believe your explanation ("отмазке") that you know nothing because you did not conduct the check. According to your own declaration, you had access to the logs for a long time (and on some other occasion you stated that you check the logs regularly, as a control function), so you saw the sockpuppet IP addresses. If you lost the logs, ask Kv75 to give them to you. Of particular interest is the "accidental" intersection of one of ru.wiki users to one of the puppets (DR concealed the user name). So, who was that user? SA ru 14:49, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
У ДрБага осталась вся чекюзерская рассылка где обсуждается кто чей виртуал. Итоги проверок есть у Kv75 безусловно, он их сохранил на случай перепроверки у стюардов или омбудсменов. Serebr 17:11, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
Of course Drbug has all the logs in his disposable, and he can inspect these checks without any problem. As a matter of fact, it would be wise of him to send these documents to the ombudsman committee and honestly report all the misconduct of ru.wikipedia.org checkusers. SA ru 18:30, 21 February 2009 (UTC)

Ok, I'll check on wednesday next week if you remind me. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 20:03, 21 February 2009 (UTC)

Thanks. Don't forget to get the name of the active user who "accidentally" intersected with his puppets. SA ru 23:47, 21 February 2009 (UTC)

Reminder[edit]

I am reminding you upon your request. SA ru 00:21, 26 February 2009 (UTC)

  • Присоединяюсь. Serebr 16:51, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
Thank you for the reminder!
I didn't remember any details on +Shipilov incindent.
However, as for :ru:User:VirginiaRules and others, I remember these. I participated the discussion and confirm that findings of checkusers are quite reasonable.
Now I find that +Shipilov is tied with these accounts, and conclude that the findings look to be correct.
Of course, CheckUser is not magic wiki pixie dust, especially recalling The Avsyannikov case.
However, I don't see any possible cause for mistakes in these contested cases, sorry. From the checkuser point of view, the conclusion looks quite firm.
If you are sure that it wasn't you, it means that there is one who knows too much about you, who is quite powerful, who wishes to set up you, and who passes the duck test in all imaginable aspects. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 23:02, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
"Попугайчики" продолжили свою деятельность, и Смартассу удалось показать свой IP параллельно с подражателем, ранее прошедшим "утиный тест" в арбкоме. Таким образом, предыдущие выводы чекюзеров оказались опровергнутыми, формального подтверждения чего от Вас и просят. Serebr 00:22, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
Собственно Вас просили не написать очередную отписку а поднять ВСЕ логи проверок Смартасса (его записи - Smartass2008, Smartass2009, Smartass2010, InkognitoIzPeterburga) и его подражателей - полный список тоже можно попытаться вспомнить, и написать обоснованный честный итог. Serebr 00:28, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
OK. You confirmed our original suspicion that you are a liar. That's a good thing that you are no longer a checkuser and hopefully all other flags will be soon removed from you. In your provocative statement you missed one "little" piece of information: these sockpuppets do not intersect with my IPs and have a different geographical location. Of course we do not know where they are located (you know, though), but from you avoiding even speaking about the IP addresses it is clear that this location is quite distant. Additionally, we have very good memory and remember what you wrote 2 or even 3 years ago. Comparison of those statements to the present one permits to make certain conclusions about you. Good bye and once again I hope you are removed from Wikipedia "administration" soon. SA ru 13:13, 27 February 2009 (UTC)

If I had disclosed any specific information on IPs and geolocations, you would have been the first in line to condemn me for disclosing your private information. I would like to repeat once more: if it wasn't you, it was someone who knows too much about you, including your geolocation, of course. If you consider this a mistake, and if you wish to fix it, you should behave quite differently than you actually do. For example, if you are interested in unblocking under mentorship, I could try to assist, despite you offend me. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 14:53, 27 February 2009 (UTC)

I would be certainly the first in line to condemn you for disclosing my private information which is not of anybody's business (including you and Wulfson for this matter). If you disclosed the IP of +Shipilov I personally would not worry too much, but you are certainly bound by the privacy policy. All what was needed from you is just a simple confirmation that +Shipilov's IP addresses do not match mine. This would not break any policy, and nobody would condemn you for telling the truth. Yes, I was disappointed by you because at the bottom of my heart (so to say) I hoped that some honesty is left in you. I got this impression from reading your writings lately. Well... Who knows, may be there is still hope. Why don't we try to communicate normally for starters, without any pretence? Checkuser logs are not rocket science, you know; and I can assure you that I have nothing to do with those sockpuppets. Just confirm that there is no IP match, and this will be enough. All the speculations about "someone knowing me very well" are inappropriate for several reasons. The first reason is that, to quote yourself, this would be trying to invade too much in my personal affairs. Second, you yourself fit this description perfectly (I hope you do not need to be reminded why). Since you are not me (I hope you believe in that) then this could be any person with highly developed curiosity like you. What do I have to do with that? This is beyond my control. In any way, let's close that particular topic; you yourself explained very well recently that such issues should be out of checkuser scope. Regarding your proposal of unblocking me, why not? I am a reasonable author, I would not mind participating in another project. I even share some of your opinions which you recently expressed (or, better, repeated something that I proposed several years ago). My only concern is about the arbitration committee. If you could negotiate this deal privately, without any shows like arbitration committee hearings, that's fine with me. Let' continue talking about this deal on this page. SA ru 16:51, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
Your question sounds bizzare. Of course, evidently, there was no direct digit by digit match, otherwises the reports would sound quite differently. Disclosing any details on +Shipilov would inevitably disclose your private information, it's why I neither agree to disclose any more details nor I see any faults in the findings. Believe me, +Shipilov is really close to you. Therefore checkusers and anyone who would probably inspect them conclude that it's your creatures indeed, and nothing on the Earth could change this conclusion. So, I agree, let's close this topic. Let's better take as basis my assumption of your good faith, and try to go forward.
Of course, I could first try to discuss the unblocking privately. But the final hearings should be public anyway. I guess that you won't be allowed to make edits ouside the main space and your user/talk page, and it will be prohibited to use them in manner as you used to do. I can't describe it in right words, but I guess that you understand what it means - no things like "APE" and "smartassisms"... Which limitation do you agree to suffer? Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 20:00, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
Part 1. My old friend Drbug! Are you trying to play with me or something? (I do remember that you said once that you often say stuff just to observe the other person's reaction.) You are saying that my questions sound bizarre, but I did not ask you any questions. I just commented on your speculations about "someone who knows me very well" and noted that you and Wulfson after repeatedly checking on my private information know me pretty well. Since this private information was given to the checkusers (7 people), arbiters (up to 10 people) and other undisclosed users, the number of potential suspects (of the kind you describe) can be pretty high. This is not something bizarre, this is just a simple comment on you statement. In any way, as I explained, knowing me very well is not the checkuser business (you and Wulfson in particular), and I would not advise you continuing your inquiries. The fact of the matter is that I have nothing to do with +Shipilov and Co. I repeated this to you several times. I take your statement that "there was no direct digit by digit match" as an acknowledgment that the IP addresses did not match. Thank you. Further, according to your checkuser friend (or whom you consider your friend or whatever), the distance between +Shipilov and me is 870 km. He wrote about this to someone, and that someone gave this information to me. I do not know whether this is true or not true, but this statement clearly contradicts your assurance that +Shipilov is very close to me. 870 km is not close. (Distance from St Petersburg to Moscow, isn't it?) You should remember once and forever that after I was banned in ru.wiki I did not make appearances there with the exception of a few edits by Smartass2009, Smartass2010 and IncognitoIzPeterburga which were made simply to show the checkusers my real IP address. Actually, if your were more observant you would notice that the distance between IncognitoIzPeterburga (at the time of registration) and yet another sockpuppet blocked by DR (I do not remember the name; can get it if you want) was not 870 km, but much more. Actually, there was one more recent edit -- by safari just to tell a few words to Wulfson. That was it. Since I am not involed in the project, I do not appreciate these stupid accusations in sockpuppetry. They are especially annoying for me because I do not have any control over this stuff. It seems that each time Shipilov edits, his edits are automatically attributed to me. This is not good. I do not want to share authorship with this creature. Hopefully we can reach some understanding here. SA ru 21:44, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
Part 2. Regarding "limitations that I agree to suffer", I actually do not agree to suffer any limitations. I did not violate Wikipedia rules to at an extent that would justify an indefinite block. Certainly, my past actions could be classified as "trolling" or whatever, but they were not much different from what other people did, and this stuff was considered permissible at the time. I know how to play by the rules, and I do not see any point in limiting my rights in any way. So, this is out of question. As far as my activities outside Wikipedia (making fun of you guys), I may be agreeable to change those. This should not be a problem. I certainly do not agree to any "public hearing" because that's complete nonsense. Just have whoever blocked me unblock me, and this should be it. Since you are trying to lead the project, you should understand that removing good authors is not a good idea. Compare, for example, yourself to me. You contribution to encyclopedic content is about zero. If you are blocked tomorrow nobody would even notice. On the other hand, if I re-enter the project, I would write articles and have a solid contribution to the encyclopedia. It is obvious that I am a much more valuable author compared to you. From this point of view, your proposal to restrict my edits sounds simply ridiculous. SA ru 21:57, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
Evidently you are not interested in my assistance, as I see no your point in insulting me. Well, it's up to you.
Anyway, you are smart enough to understand that any attempt to unblock you without restrictions imposed has zero chances to be accepted by the Arbrom and by the community. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 06:05, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
I am mostly interested in law and order in Wikipedia. If one checkuser (Kv75) tells someone in private mail that +Shipilov resides in a place 870 km from me, and the other (Drbug) claims that +Shipilov is real close to me, that's not law and order, my friend. This is called lying and breaking the rules. I am not playing this game, and this is exactly why I am not accepting any restrictions on my rights as a wikipedian. Wikipedia is a free project where anyone is free to edit as long as he follows the rules. Wikipedia is a project that guarantees user anonymity and where checkusers are supposed to follow privacy policy. If someone tries to create a different model -- call it "arbcom" or even "community" -- that's not law and order. You may think that law and order have zero chances, but you will see, they will be restored. SA ru 14:10, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
Ok, I wouold be happy to see law and order... Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 22:23, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

User agent?[edit]

I thought about your obscure statements a bit more and also remembered something what Wulfson (better Molchalin) wrote in livejournal, and it donned on me that the intersection between me and +Shipilov may be through the user agent. I think I understand now what you think. You presume that I use a laptop to connect to the internet when I travel, and the user agent is the same as I had several years ago. However, this is completely wrong. I did have a laptop, but it broke ~2 years ago (or even more), and currently I do not own a laptop. Well, if +Shipilov reproduced the user agent from that laptop, then that's very bad. This means that one of the checkusers copied my former user agent and used it for those provocations. One of you guys may be involved: you, Wulfson, Codemonk, EvgenyGinkin, Wind or DR. EvgenyGenkin looks the most suspicious to me. That's a pity that you do not have the checkuser flag anymore. I would recommend that you check EvgenyGenkin thoroughly. In any way, this once again shows that having checkusers as a conspiracy that conducts private investigations is very bad. Instead of conducting investigations you should have simply asked me, and I would have clarified all your questions. SA ru 15:56, 28 February 2009 (UTC)

Now I assume your good faith. So you don't need to prove me anything - I assume that you have nothing common with these accounts.
On the other hand, I see that there are no chances to convince those who is unable to assume good faith.
I agree that the conspiracy should be reduced, and I'm going to try to do it slowly... Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 22:15, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
I am actually not particularly interested in what you assume about me. From the way you answer to my questions it is clear to me that you are a liar. This conversation is finished. Good bye. SA ru 17:38, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
As you wish. Farewell. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 01:36, 6 March 2009 (UTC)

4 месяца?[edit]

А вы уверены, что его можно ограничивать только на четыре месяца? Всех остальных вандалов и нарушителей русской Википедии, которые в последнее время подавали иск о разблокировке или разблокировались после обсуждения на ФА (Джулай), ограничивали в правке дополнительных пространств на срок 1 год с возможным пересмотром через 6 месяцев. --85.25.71.227 13:49, 24 April 2009 (UTC)

Уверен. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 15:03, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
Меж тем арбитры Википедии уже отклонили иск в связи с сообщением недостоверной информации. А он мог наверное помочь улучшению содержательной части Википедии — если, конечно, именно это входит на самом деле в его планы. --85.25.71.227 13:48, 26 April 2009 (UTC)

О нездоровой нравственной атмосфере в Википедии[edit]

Я не могу писать на Вашей странице обсуждения в Википедии, потому что Alex Smotrov, якобы находящийся в вики-отпуске, заблокировал мой IP-адрес. Если Вы считаете, что названный администратор Википедии злоупотребил своими полномочиями, тогда разблокируйте мой IP-адрес.

Галактион 94.26.144.199 22:15, 6 August 2009 (UTC)

По моему мнению, в "сообществе" бытуют странные представления об этике:

0) Вы написали на Вашей странице обсуждения, что к Вам можно обратиться,
1) я пишу Вам о нездоровой нравственной атмосфере в Русском разделе Wikipedia,
2) из вики-отпуска появляется Ваш приятель Alex Smotrov и блокирует возможность обращения к Вам.

Галактион 94.26.144.199 05:43, 7 August 2009 (UTC)

Насколько я понимаю, заместитель главного редактора "Компьютерра" И. Щуров не только практик, но и теоретик борьбы с "деструктивным" и "неэтичным" поведением в Русском разделе Wikipedia. Например, И. Щуров полагает, что названный раздел Wikipedia - это "страшное место" (цитирую И. Щурова).

Я не удивился. когда названный пропагандист "свободной энциклопедии" как "страшного места" воспользовался Википедией для "разоблачения" "уважаемого Галактиона" как лица с "деструктивным поведением".

Вы присутствовали при этом "разоблачении".

Галактион 94.26.144.199 09:43, 8 August 2009 (UTC)

Добрый день!

Да, давайте подумаем, что можно сделать. Я, честно говоря, пока не вижу. Вы хотите добиться разблокировки Вашей учётной записи? Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko)

Happy New Year! Галактион. 94.26.144.199 17:23, 1 January 2010 (UTC)
Thank you very much! Happy New Year in return! :-) Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 20:45, 1 January 2010 (UTC)

Письмо[edit]

Просьба посмотреть письмо, отправленное не через вики-почту (про Арбитражный комитет). Вы его получили? --Xste74 11:07, 30 May 2010 (UTC)

Здравствуйте! Нет, не обнаружил. Пошлите просто по почте vladimir.medeyko@gmail.com Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 21:34, 30 May 2010 (UTC)

Письмо[edit]

Вам было адресовано письмо, просьба ознакомиться и ответить. -- Brokemiles74 13:10, 23 November 2010 (UTC)

wr:drbug[edit]

I confirm the identity. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 09:44, 30 January 2011 (UTC)

RuWiki History2/Russian/Welcome[edit]

Хочу вас специально пригласить поучаствовать, возможно заинтересуетесь моим подходом. Хотелось бы как то получить санкцию (одобрение) Wikimedia RU, к которой я понимаю вы имеете отношение. Я отобрал (объективно, на сколько это возможно) 50 участников и хотелось бы хотя бы часть из них опросить, думаю вы со многими более знакомы чем я и сможите в этом помочь ? --SergeyJ 16:51, 22 February 2011 (UTC)

Я подготовил интервью RuWiki History2/Russian/Interview questions‎, прошу Вас самого ответить на вопросы этого интервью. И буду благодарен если Вы попросите ответить на него наиболее знакомых для вас людей из списка RuWiki History2/Russian/User. Заранее, спасибо. --SergeyJ 12:36, 24 February 2011 (UTC)

Wikimedia Venezuela[edit]

Hello,

I am writing to ask you a question regarding the status of our still pending request of Wikimedia Venezuela to become a local Wikimedia Chapter. We have started gathering people and ideas since October 2010, organised a series of lectures for Wikipedia TEN. Our proposed bylaws have been reviewed by members of the ChapCom as early as May 2011. We were informed that in June-July 2011, our proposal was scheduled to be submitted to voting and, as of October 2, 2011, we are yet to receive a notification, either approval, rejection, suggestions...we have received only silence. What is going on? What has delayed the ChapCom to close the voting on our case? Working groups in other countries have submitted their proposals/requests to form a local WikimediaChapter more or less at the same time that we did, and they have been approved already. Why not Wikimedia Venezuela? What is wrong with us? If we were told what is wrong with us, we could work it out and fix whatever is needed...but with no input, we are left sitting in the waiting room for months..

Could you please tell us what is delaying our approval? What do we have to do?

Our people (37) is anxious and wondering what is going on. We were more people, but we feel dissapointed and discouraged, and this doesn't help us at all. Could you please give us an update?

Many, many thanks in advance from Venezuela.

--Jewbask 01:32, 3 October 2011 (UTC)

Dear Jewback,
thank you very much! I will reply you soon! Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 19:10, 6 October 2011 (UTC)

Wikimedia Kazakhstan[edit]

Уважаемый Dr.Bug!

Прошу Вас помочь в проеснении ситиуации по поводу нашей анкеты. Мы подали анкету для принятия нас в качестве отделения Фонда Викимедиа летом текущего года (Июль 2011). Во время Викимании 2011 в Хайфе нам сообщили, что вопрос уже вышел на обсуждения членами Чапкома. Однако уже ноябрь, а мы еще не получили каких-либо рекоммендации или предложений. Ответили на все вопросы на странице обсуждения казахского отделения.

Хочу сообщить, что сейчас деятельность по продвижению вики проектов в Казахстане ведется зарегистрированным юридическим лицом, некоммерческой организацией "Общественный Фонд "WikiBilim". Также мы участвовали на саммите Creative Commons в Варшаве. Процесс солгосования с СС подходит к завершению.

Хочу попросить Вас, как активного члена Чапкома, содействовать в решении нашего вопроса в кратчайшие сроки. Надеюсь на Ваше понимание и содействие.

С уважением,

--Ashina 05:55, 10 November 2011 (UTC)

Спасибо!

Законное уведомление (биография Д. Медведева смешана с грязью)[edit]

Здравствуйте, Владимир Медейко младший. Речь о премьер-министре и лидере политической партии Единая Россия ("партия жуликов и воров", согласно информации из статьи про партию в русской Википедии, статья посещается сотни раз ежедневно). Не только о Медведеве. Много деталей открылось недавно.

Вы можете ознакомиться с этими материалами, уважаемый руководитель Викимедии РУ, зарегистрированной как юридическое лицо в РФ, с обязательствами уважать законы этого государства: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9E%D0%B1%D1%81%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5_%D1%83%D1%87%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0:%D0%A1%D0%B8%D0%BC%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD#.D0.AF_.D0.BF.D1.80.D0.BE.D1.88.D1.83_.D0.92.D0.B0.D1.81_.D1.83.D0.B1.D1.80.D0.B0.D1.82.D1.8C_.D1.80.D0.B0.D0.B7.D0.BD.D1.83.D1.8E_.D0.B3.D1.80.D1.8F.D0.B7.D1.8C_.D0.BF.D1.80.D0.BE_.D0.BF.D0.B0.D1.80.D1.82.D0.B8.D1.8E_.D0.B2.D0.BB.D0.B0.D1.81.D1.82.D0.B8_.D0.95.D0.B4.D0.B8.D0.BD.D0.B0.D1.8F_.D0.A0.D0.BE.D1.81.D1.81.D0.B8.D1.8F (материалы не только при переходе по этой ссылке, их много в разных местах русской Википедии). Викимедия РУ является куратором русской Википедии, куратор несёт ответственность за деятельность того, что он курирует, независимо от любых оговорок (законы России выше любых оговорок и им подобных попыток уйти от ответственности). Когда русская Википедия во Флориде, Викимедия РУ в Москве. Спасибо за внимание. Копии всех материалов сохранены, включая эту тему здесь. Страница обсуждения - в Вашем списке наблюдения, как очень широко известно. - Edin2151 (talk) 20:11, 6 October 2014 (UTC).

Research:Ideas/FlaggedRevs unregistered users engagement[edit]

Hi, given your past involvement in discussions of FlaggedRevs I thought you might be interested in this idea. If you are, please ad your questions (or answers)! --Nemo 14:04, 1 January 2015 (UTC)

GLAMify has completed a report for you! :)[edit]

Hullo!

GLAMify has just completed a report you asked for, with suggestions for integrating media from commons:Category:Echo of Moscow voice samples.

The report is waiting for you here. :) Please note that the report pages may get deleted after 60 days, so if you'd like to keep these results around, copy them somewhere else.

Your faithful servant,

Ijonbot (talk) 20:29, 26 January 2015 (UTC)

GLAMify has completed a report for you! :)[edit]

Hullo!

GLAMify has just completed a report you asked for, with suggestions for integrating media from commons:Category:Echo of Moscow voice samples.

The report is waiting for you here. :) Please note that the report pages may get deleted after 60 days, so if you'd like to keep these results around, copy them somewhere else.

Your faithful servant,

Ijonbot (talk) 20:29, 26 January 2015 (UTC)

Wikimedia CEE Spring 2015 2nd meeting[edit]

Dear Drbug,

I am contacting You as a contact person of Russia for the Wikimedia CEE Spring 2015 event and to announce that the second meeting for the Wikimedia CEE Spring organisation team will take place on the 28th of January 2015. There will be 2 discussion groups for the meeting, as to get as much people involved (some of us have other engagements during the daytime and others are not available during the evenings).

The first group will start the discussion 12:00 CET (13:00 EET, 14:00 MSK/FET, 15:00 AMT/AZT, 17:00 ALMT, 3:00 PST).

The second group will start the discussion 18:00 CET (19:00 EET, 20:00 MSK/FET, 21:00 AMT/AZT, 23:00 ALMT, 9:00 PST).

During the discussion both Skype call and IRC will be used. For more details see event meetings page! Wikimedia Eesti will be responsible for moderating the groups, however all contributions to the etherpad protocol are more than welcome!

Thank you for your kind attention and CEE you soon! --Kaarel Vaidla (WM EE) (talk) 12:29, 27 January 2015 (UTC)

Wikimedia CEE meeting on Wikimedia Conference 2015[edit]

Dear Drbug,

You are attending Wikimedia Conference 2015, but have not registered on the participants list of Wikimedia CEE meet-up.

Hereby I inform You that the event will take place Friday, May 15 6.00 p.m.-9.00 p.m. at the conference venue (Verlag Der Tagesspiegel, Askanischer Platz 3, Berlin). You can find more information about the meeting here. I hope You are interested in attending!

Thank you for your kind attention and CEE you soon! --Kaarel Vaidla (WM EE) (talk) 22:55, 13 May 2015 (UTC)

Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 December[edit]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum(_AT_)wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 21:20, 28 September 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

Глобальная блокировка[edit]

Здравствуйте! Вы написали письмо в мою защиту в адрес Vituzzu, за что я благодарен Вам

I guess there were good reasons for Vituzzu to globally block this range. But it seems that it also may block legitimate users from Lipetsk. At least we got a message from a user, and he also wrote to Vituzzu publicly: [2]. The reading on the Vituzzu's talk page recommends to write the requests here instead. I checked the ISP that owns the range, and it seems that it's definitely NOT hosting provider only. The requester to my best knowledge, ФВ is legitimate, have written a lot of articles and never have been blocked. Could you please check the situation and unblock the range, or maybe I shoud provide him IP blocks exempt (however there may be other legitimate users from Lipetsk as well)? Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 15:15, 9 February 2018 (UTC)

  • Inaction is inappropriate. Appreciate those who create content! JukoFF (talk) 00:33, 10 February 2018 (UTC)
@Drbug: from what I can see p3.ru is a colo facility. The range doesn't seem to be allocated to residential customers do you know of more users caught? If only ФВ is caught it may be caused by some malware affecting ФВ's devices. --Vituzzu (talk) 13:04, 11 February 2018 (UTC)

Он ответил нечто невнятное (на мой взгляд). Что же дальше? Распрощаться с Википедией окончательно или всё же есть какое решение?--ФВ (talk) 07:39, 12 February 2018 (UTC)

Разблокирование в РуВики[edit]

Привет Drbug.

Прошу Вас посмотреть мою глобальную личную страницу и дать мне свои предложения о том, что ещё необходимо оттуда удалить, чтобы Вы могли разблокировать её видимость из РуВики (удалить установленную там заглушку с того места, где не должно быть моей локальной личной страницы).

Вторая, более существенная, просьба: снять своим единоличным решением все блокировки в РуВики, или хотя бы согласиться стать там моим наставником. Блокировки были наложены за нарушения правила ОРИСС, а наставничество потребовано в связи с якобы непониманием мной этого правила. Однако правило это я, на мой взгляд, понимаю абсолютно ясно, и намерен его строго соблюдать в дальнейшем в РуВики, если туда вернусь.

Пояснение по правилу ОРИСС. Некоторые темы без его нарушения раскрыть, на мой вгляд, просто невозможно (большинство других - можно). Поэтому я не собираюсь вносить существенных правок в РуВики в статьи, аналогичные тем, в которые я вношу существенные правки в Викиверситете, где ОРИСС считаются допустимыми. Перечень этих статей Викиверситета Вы можете увидеть на моей глобальной ЛСУ здесь на мете.

Обращаюсь именно к Вам по двум причинам: во-первых, на мой взгляд, у Вас в РуВики есть хоть какой-то иммунитет, а во-вторых, на мой взгляд, я исчерпал все другие возможности (обращения к заблокировавшему администратору, другим администраторам и в арбитраж РуВики; последнюю мою заявку здесь на мете арбитр прочитал, обещал обсудить, но потом просто перестал отвечать, и я был вынужден ту заявку отозвать).

С уважением и надеждой на взаимопонимание, Victor Manohin (talk) 08:18, 13 August 2019 (UTC)

Email[edit]

--Pharos (talk) 14:55, 15 July 2020 (UTC)

Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Strategic flock of Wikimedians heading in a new direction.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 18:14, 20 August 2020 (UTC)

Sunday September 20 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Birds of a feather flock together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August SWAN meeting and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday September 20, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 02:05, 19 September 2020 (UTC)

Sunday October 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Friendship is a movement value.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the September and August SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday October 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 16:42, 22 October 2020 (UTC)

Sunday November 29 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Take flight with us.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, and October SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday November 29, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of 03:00 UTC and 19:00 UTC are the same as before, although a number of places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 01:27, 27 November 2020 (UTC)