Jump to content

User talk:MassiveEartha

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
(Redirected from User talk:Eartha78)
Latest comment: 13 days ago by Sissela Björk (WMDE) in topic WIKIMOVE

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello, MassiveEartha. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 12:32, 14 September 2012 (UTC)Reply

This Month in GLAM: May 2016[edit]





Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

This Month in GLAM: June 2016[edit]





Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

This Month in GLAM: July 2016[edit]





Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

This Month in GLAM: August 2016[edit]





Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

This Month in GLAM: September 2016[edit]





Headlines



Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

This Month in GLAM: October 2016[edit]





Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

This Month in GLAM: November 2016[edit]





Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

This Month in GLAM: December 2016[edit]





Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

This Month in GLAM: January 2017[edit]





Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

This Month in GLAM: February 2017[edit]





Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

This Month in GLAM: March 2017[edit]





Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

Whose Knowledge?: [April 2017][edit]

Whose Knowledge News
April 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 2
Activities and Events:
Dalit History Month Events; Wikimania 2017 submissions
Resources:
Resources lists
Wikimedia Movement:
Wikimedia Strategy: Knowledge is Global
About Whose Knowledge?
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.

We hope you enjoy this issue of the Whose Knowledge? News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 1 May 2017 (UTC)Reply

This Month in GLAM: April 2017[edit]





Headlines
  • Argentina report: End of contest, new heritaged donated and digitizing workshop
  • Basque Country report: Students working on literature with new Wikipedian in Residence
  • Belgium report: Brussels writing weeks; Dutch Language Union workshop; Civic Lab Brussels start; Edit-a-thon Leuven
  • Brazil report: Wikimedia Conference, gender and International collaboration
  • Germany report: You may only harvest after putting a grain
  • Ghana report: GLAM Ghana duly launched
  • Italy report: Open Data for Cultural Heritage
  • Macedonia report: 12 Peaks hiking challenge
  • Netherlands report: The Netherlands and the World: Photo hunt Chinsurah; Photohunt public library Tilburg; Wikipedian in Residence for UNESCO's Memory of the World programme in the Netherlands; Picture books from Koninklijke Bibliotheek
  • Spain report: Management and dissemination of cultural heritage
  • Sweden report: GLAM-EduWiki collaboration awarded Pedagogy Award of the year at Swedish museums; Connected Open Heritage
  • UK report: Bio-Medical History Residences
  • USA report: New connections at the Library of Congress and Smithsonian
  • Wikipedia Library report: Books & Bytes
  • Wikidata report: Federation and new datatypes
  • WMF GLAM report: DPLAFest and Beyond
  • Calendar: May's GLAM events
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

This Month in GLAM: May 2017[edit]





Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

Whose Knowledge?: [July 2017][edit]

Whose Knowledge News
July 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 3
Activities and Events:
Okvir pilot in Bosnia and Herzegovina; Wikimania 2017
Resources:
Emancipatory Design Research
Wikimedia Movement:
Letter from Buenos Aires
About Whose Knowledge?
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.

We hope you enjoy this issue of the '''Whose Knowledge?''' News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:18, 2 August 2017 (UTC)Reply

Wikipedia Library User Group is being renamed![edit]

Hello! In the past few months, the Wikipedia Library User Group has been undergoing some major planning and developments. We just finished our very first open call with the user group members, which was a great success (see the meeting minutes). If you joined us during the meeting, we’d like to thank you for your interest. If not, not to worry, we have lots of things planned for the user group in which you can participate.

This message is to inform you that based on the input received from the user group members and the founding members, it was agreed that the Wikipedia Library User Group’s name be reconsidered by a voting process. As a valued member of the user group, we’d like to invite you to vote on the list of potential names. You can vote by following this link. The poll will run for a timeframe of two weeks. Sent by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 02:59, 17 October 2017 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election[edit]

Hi MassiveEartha! As promised by the Wikipedia Library team at the inception of the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group, we are conducting an open-election for the steering committee with 5 to 8 positions. Nominations will be accepted from 3 January 2018 to 9 January 2018. If you are interested in being a part of this committee, you can nominate yourself starting January 2nd next year. This position should attract Wikipedians and librarians with dedication and time to lead the user group in its first year. The elections will happen following the nominations phase starting from 10 January 2018 to 23 January 2018. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact WikiLibraryUG [at] googlegroups [dot] com. A message will be sent shortly before the dates linking to the venue for nominations and election. Thank you! On behalf of the user group founding members--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 04:39, 13 December 2017 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination Phase[edit]

Hello again MassiveEartha! As stated in our previous message, nominations for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group steering committee elections are now open and will remain open until the 9th. If you are interested and have read the instructions, please nominate yourself on the election page. Please forward your queries to libraries(_AT_)lists.wikimedia.org, and for private correspondence, please get in touch with one of the founding members. And finally, wishing you a prosperous and happy new year on behalf of the user group founding members! On behalf of the user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:00, 3 January 2018 (UTC)Reply

Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1Ref[edit]

Hi everyone, two quick but important updates:

Timeline for nominations and voting[edit]

  • Nominations are extended until 12 January 2018.
  • Candidates will be lightly vetted by the Founding Members (excluding those who are candidates) to help form a well-functioning committee.
  • Vetting will happen from the 13th up to 21 January 2018.
  • Voting will begin on the 22nd of January and end on the 4th of February.
  • To be able to vote, editors must have joined the usergroup before the 21st of January.
  • Results will be announced on or before the 10th of February.

How you can support #1lib1ref[edit]

On behalf of the Founding Members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:50, 10 January 2018 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase[edit]

Hello once again! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2018 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group by 21 January 2018, you are eligible to vote. As mentioned under the instructions for voters, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.

On behalf of the Founding Members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:24, 22 January 2018 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Results[edit]

Hello everyone! The steering committee election for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group is finally over and the results you were patiently awaiting for is here! We had many great candidates with awesome skillsets and experience, unfortunately not everyone could make it to the final eight. We are grateful to all the candidates for stepping up and boldly throwing their hat in the ring. It was a difficult choice and they made it. Now, the results. The candidates who made it to the final eight are,

On behalf of the founding members, the TWL team and the user group members, we congratulate the candidates on their successful run and welcome them to the committee. The steering committee and the founding members will soon meet to discuss the handover and next steps of the user group. Thank you--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:56, 16 February 2018 (UTC)Reply

What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group[edit]

Hi MassiveEartha! Greetings from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group. Yes, you heard that right! We are now officially known as the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group (previously, Wikipedia Library User Group). New group contacts are User:Merrilee and User:Sodapopinski7. The elected steering committee has been meeting twice a month ever since their election, working on the organisation and details of user group functioning. Progress is being made and we'd like to keep the members updated.
  • The committee decided to use the libraries(_AT_)lists.wikimedia.org and has started making announcements on the list. Please join the list for future announcements and for internal discussions and communications.
  • The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (May 14-15, 2018) is now available on Meta.

On behalf of the steering committee,

Aaron,

via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 27 May 2018 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and Wikimania[edit]

Hi MassiveEartha! Greetings from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group. Thank you for participating in the poll to help the steering committee plan activities for the year 2018. We received 84 responses, and the results can be found on the resources page. In addition to that, there are a few more things we'd like to share with you.

If you are attending Wikimania,

Bon voyage and have a wonderful Wikimania!

If you are not attending Wikimania, we have you covered too!

  • Please help us plan activities for this year by sharing your suggestions on how to implement the top two ideas from the poll results. The discussion is open on the user group talk page.
  • The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (June 28-29, 2018) is now available on Meta.

On behalf of the steering committee,

Aaron,

via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:02, 14 July 2018 (UTC)Reply

Join us on The AfroCine Project[edit]

Greetings!

This is to introduce you to a new Wikimedia project called The AfroCine Project. This new project is dedicated to improving the coverage of the history, works, people, places, events, etc, that are associated with the cinema, theatre and arts of Africa, African countries, the Caribbean, and the diaspora. If you would love to be part of this (or you're already active in this area), by coordinating local programmes around African cinema (independently or otherwise) in your community or local Wikipedia, kindly list your username or organization as a participant on the meta project page here.

Furthermore, In the months of October and November, we are organizing a global contest and edit-a-thon tagged: The Months of African Cinema. If you would love to join this exciting event, also list your username as a participant on the English Wikipedia page. If you would love to lead this contest (or any other relevant program) for a non-English Wikipedia community, please feel free to translate the English Wikiproject page to your local language Wikipedia, or you can create one from scratch!

If you have any questions, complaints, suggestions, etc., please reach out to me personally on my talkpage or the project talkpage! Cheers!--Jamie Tubers (talk) 20:50, 5 September 2018 (UTC)Reply

Sign-up for Whose Knowledge? on-line newsletter[edit]

Hi everybody,

We are leaving the wiki newsletter format behind and venturing into the email newsletter format. We'd love to keep sharing our projects and adventures with you all! You can sign up here to make that happen.

See you all there!

With love & solidarity,

Claudia - and the WK? Comms Team using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:45, 17 September 2018 (UTC)Reply

Welcome to the Months of African Cinema![edit]

Greetings!

The AfroCine Project welcomes you to October, the first out of the two months which has been dedicated to improving contents that centre around the cinema of Africa, the Caribbean, and the diaspora.

This is a global online edit-a-thon, which is happening in at least 5 language editions of Wikipedia (en, he, es, it, bn) and Wikidata. Join us in this exciting venture, by helping to create or expand articles which are connected to this scope.

On English Wikipedia, we would be recognizing Users who are able to achieve the following:

  • Overall winner (1st, 2nd, 3rd places)
  • Country Winners
  • Diversity winner
  • High quality contributors
  • Gender-gap fillers
  • Page improvers
  • Wikidata Translators

For further information about the contest, the recognition categories and how to participate, please visit the contest page here.

If you'd love to organize this contest for your local wiki or organize in-person events centred around this project, or you need further information about the AfroCine Project, please leave a message on the project talkpage. See you around :).--Jamie Tubers (talk) 22:50, 03 October 2018 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase[edit]

Hello MassiveEartha! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2019 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group before 28 February 2019, you are eligible to vote. Not unlike last year, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.

On behalf of the steering committee,

Aaron,

via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:43, 20 February 2019 (UTC)Reply

Thank you for participating in the September 2019 Wikimedia Café[edit]

핫초콜릿 (Hot chocolate)

Thank you for attending the Wikimedia Café. Archived meeting notes are at Wikimedia Café/minutes 2019 09, and you are welcome to make corrections or additions if you think that there is a need to do so. ↠Pine () 21:28, 28 September 2019 (UTC)Reply

AfroCine: Join the Months of African Cinema this October![edit]

Greetings!

After a successful first iteration of the Months of African Cinema last year, we are happy to announce that it will be happening again this year, starting from October 1! In the 2018 edition of the contest, about 600 Wikipedia articles were created in at least 8 languages. There were also contributions to Wikidata and Wikimedia commons, which brought the total number of wikimedia pages created during the contest to over 1,000. About 9 in-person events were also organised for the edit-a-thon in different parts of the world.

The contest is organized by a Wikimedia project called The AfroCine Project, which is dedicated to improving the coverage of the history, works, people, places, and events, that are associated with the cinema, theatre and arts of Africa, African countries, the Caribbean, and the diaspora.

If you would love to join this exciting event, please list your username as a participant on the English Wikipedia contest page. If you would love to lead this contest for your country or community, please list your name in the coordinators' page here. The rapid grants team would be accepting proposals throughout October and November, in case you'd need funds to run local edit-a-thons or some other activities related to this event. Upon listing your name on the coordinators' page, you'd be contacted to talk about the resources you'd need to run the event in your community. You can also contact me directly for any clarifications.

Finally, We also need volunteers to handle some aspects of the AfroCine project. These aspects include:

  1. Community Liaison: This role essentially involves closely engaging with local communities to support their activities within the scope of Afrocine.
  2. Communications: This involves the communications aspects of the project. Sharing relevant information on mailing lists and social media would be the responsibility of this person.
  3. MAC Jury: This role involves joining the jury of Months of African Cinema contest. We need as many people as we can get 🙂.
  4. Tools: Going forward, we would need relevant tools to better track the metrics and also analyse the general impact of these events. We are calling for Wikimedia volunteers who can navigate wikimedia tools that can be useful for the project.

If you would love to help with any of these roles, or some other roles that have not been mentioned, please contact me directly or on: samoye_(_AT_)hotmail.com

If you have further questions, complaints, suggestions, etc., please reach out to me personally or right here or the project talkpages.

Thank you!--Jamie Tubers (talk) 17:10, 30 September 2019 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for your support to Noircir Wikipédia project![edit]

Bonjour, nous avons obtenu le Grant! Merci pour le support et ta participation au projet! On continue! A bientôt! --AfricanadeCuba (talk) 12:01, 1 June 2020 (UTC)Reply

@AfricanadeCuba: De rien! ♥ Bonne chance pour ton projet! MassiveEartha (talk) 19:47, 1 June 2020 (UTC)Reply

Invitation to participate in Universal Code of Conduct survey - WikiWomen's User Group[edit]

(You are receiving this message as you signed your interest to participate as part of the WikiWomen's User Group)

Hello, my name is Mervat Salman, a UCoC Facilitator, Trust and Safety team.

As you know, the WMF Board of Trustees ratified the Universal Code of Conduct early in February. That's the beginning; the policy itself cannot be used if the enforcement pathways are not defined. The implementation and enforcement of the UCoC requires the continuous cooperation to define clear definitions of enforcement pathways and processes. This needs to be done in a way that does not contradict with the internal bylaws and codes of conduct currently in place, but rather to support them and complement their deficiencies, if any.

In this phase of the process, we would like to invite you to share your ideas, thoughts and concerns about the UCoC implementation, reporting and enforcement pathways using this survey:

Notice: This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement <https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/UCoC_Affiliates_Survey_Privacy_Statement>.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact msalman-ctr@wikimedia.org.

Best regards,

Mervat (WMF) 17:00, 9 April 2021 (UTC)Reply

WIKIMOVE[edit]

The first episode of WIKIMOVE, the new podcast about the changing Wikimedia movement has now dropped! With our guests Tochi Precious and Guillaume Paumier we talk about Knowledge as a Service. Find the audio podcast and a shortened video version on our Meta page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIKIMOVE/Podcast Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 15:48, 13 April 2022 (UTC)Reply

The 2nd episode of WIKIMOVE, the new podcast about the changing Wikimedia movement has now dropped! Our guests Erica Azzellini and Luca Piantá from Wiki Movimiento Brazil talk about “communitizing” strategy. Find the audio podcast and the video version with English and Portuguese subtitles on our Meta page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIKIMOVE/Podcast Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 14:50, 16 Mai 2022 (UTC)

The 3rd episode of WIKIMOVE has now dropped! In this new episode we talk with Kannika Thaimai and Ivana Madžarević about innovation and explore the opportunities created by the UNLOCK accelerator within our movement and beyond. Don't hesitate to react on our meta page! Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 14:50, 16 Mai 2022 (UTC)

Check out our new WIKIMOVE episode about content and knowledge gaps in the Wikimedia projects with Lucy Crampton-Reid, Daniel Bögre Udell and Kiril Simeonovski!Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk)

Check out our new WIKIMOVE episode about mutual aid and peer support in our movement with Rebecca O’Neill and Jessica Stephenson and share your reactions on our meta page!Eva Martin (WMDE)

We launched WIKIMOVE six months ago, now it’s time to evaluate! Please share your feedback and ideas for improvement with us in this survey. Thank you for helping us improve WIKIMOVE! Eva Martin (WMDE) 14:44, 31 October 2022 (UTC)Reply

In our latest episode we receive Johnny Allegre and Natalia Szafran to discuss their ongoing hub activities in Asia and Eastern Europe and imagine what a movement of hubs could look like. Check it out on our meta page or in your favorite podcast app! Eva Martin (WMDE) 13:54, 22 2022 (UTC)

In our latest episode we talk about growing communities with Anass Sedrati and Pepe Flores. Check it out on our meta page or in your favorite podcast app! Eva Martin (WMDE) 14:42, 12 December 2022 (UTC)

Wondering what the movement strategy is about and how to contribute to it? Check out our newest WIKIMOVE episode! We answer questions from volunteers who recently joined the movement about the goals and the vision behind our strategy 2030 - Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 11:06, 8 February 2023 (UTC)Reply

Check out our latest about Abstract Wikipedia with Denny Vrandečić and Lydia Pintscher on our meta page! - Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 12:31, 13 March 2023 (UTC)Reply

Check out our latest about the Governance of Wikipedia with Florence Devouard and Martin Rulsch on our meta page! - Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 12:16, 4 April 2023 (UTC)Reply

Check out our latest about Decentralization with Claudia Garad and Guillaume Paumier on our meta page! Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 16:09, 11 May 2023 (UTC)Reply

The latest WIKIMOVE episode of the season has dropped: Wikimedia Deutschland for the Movement, a conversation with WMDE‘s Chair and Executive Director, about the role of our organization in the implementation of movement strategy Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 16:46, 12 June 2023 (UTC)Reply

The WIKIMOVE Podcast is back with a season 2! In this new episode, we talk with Pax Ahimsa Gethen and Tamzin Hadasa Kelly about overcoming harassment and the transgender gap on the Wikimedia projects. You can find this podcast on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk) 12:14, 6 October 2023 (UTC)Reply

Check out the latest WIKIMOVE episode where we talk to a movement veteran, Andrew Lih, and Wikimedia Norge’s Executive Director, Elisabeth Carrera about the past, present and future of Wikimedia Affiliates! You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)

The latest WIKIMOVE episode brings you back to the story behind Movement Strategy recommendation #4: “Ensure Equity in Decision Making”, which set the path for writing a charter and creating a global council. Whether you're new or a long-time Wikimedian, this episode offers insights into the journey towards a stronger and more inclusive Wikimedia movement. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)

Join us for an WIKIMOVE episode where we revisit highlights from our conversations throughout 2023 - we’ll discuss and replay snippets from our guests that left lasting impacts on us. We’ll also take a look ahead, and our hosts will share intriguing predictions and thoughts on the trajectory of our Movement in 2024. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)

The first WIKIMOVE episode of the year is here! We talk about Grants and Hubs with two women who have been instrumental in implementing Movement strategy, Yop Rwan Pam and Barbara Klen. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)

The latest WIKIMOVE episode is all about Wikimedia events. Felix Nartey and Željko Blaće share their thoughts on the current event structure and start drawing a picture of what events could look like that are aligned with our strategy. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk) 12:23, 12 March 2024 (UTC)Reply

Check out our latest WIKIMOVE episode. In this episode we talk about the Wikimedia Movement Charter with two members of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee, Ciell and Daria Cybulska, and a community member involved in the original strategy formation, Alek Tarkowski. We touch upon the history of the Charter, the motivation and work that went into it. We learn what if affirms and what it adds. We also find out why it ended up being a short document!Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk) 08:46, 10 April 2024 (UTC)Reply

The WIKIMOVE episode "The Global Majority Speaks Out on Tech!" is now live ! In this episode, Nikki and Eva speak with two of the initiators behind the recently published manifesto “Global Majority Wikimedia Technology Priorities", Tanveer Hasan and Éder Porto. This document addresses decision making about technology in the Wikimedia Movement - particularly when it comes to creating technology that is designed for users of the Global Majority and in emerging communities. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk) 13:02, 4 June 2024 (UTC)Reply

Sunday May 8 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swans are musical creatures.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including 2022 Board of Trustees Call for Candidates, Movement Charter/Content preliminary narrative, Human Rights Policy Community Conversations, Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan Feedback, IP blocking and Open Proxies discussion, Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 May 20-22 + local events, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday May 8, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and , note that some areas recently experienced daylight savings time changes).--Pharos (talk) 18:57, 4 May 2022 (UTC)Reply

Sunday June 5 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swan impressions.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter, Hubs Global Conversation this June, WMF Proposal for Movement Strategy Forum, New rounds of WMF Conference Funds including in-person events, WMF Proposal for Sound Logo Contest, WMF Elections Analysis Committee selection, wikimania:Program submissions due June 10 (scholarship and local event grants due June 3) and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 5, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and ).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:19, 1 June 2022 (UTC)Reply

Sunday July 3 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swan celestial.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter, Hubs Global Conversation last week, Affiliate voting period to shortlist WMF Board candidates (July 1-15), Wikimania updates, Desktop improvements, Wikimedia Enterprise first customers, Call for program submissions and updates for a global diversity of regional/linguistic Wiki-Conferences, Wikidata:Wiki Mentor Africa and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 3, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and ).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:58, 30 June 2022 (UTC)Reply

Whose Knowledge? Drop-in July 2022 invitation[edit]

Whose Knowledge? logo

Over the next 2 weeks, we want to invite Whose Knowledge? User Group members to a community conversation about the upcoming Board of Trustees election. We’re also testing these drop-ins as a great way to be in touch, and establish periodic check-ins with our community.

There will be 2 informal drop-in sessions on different days and times. Please come to the session that works best for you:

  • Drop-in 1: Thursday, July 7, 2022 - 12pm UTC
  • Drop-in 2: Monday, July 11, 2022 - 6pm UTC

To learn more, visit the event page. If you can't join us, but you are interested in the conversation, we’d be more than happy to hear from you on our Talk page!

Just a gentle disclaimer: You are getting this message because you have signed up as a member of Whose Knowledge? User Group. We will send invitations like this from time to time, but we promise not to burden your Talk page. Feel free to unsubscribe from the distribution list.

--Mariana Fossatti (WK?) (talk) 18:19, 29 June 2022 (UTC)Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


--09:56, 17 July 2022 (UTC).

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 7[edit]

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 7, July-September 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the 7th issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News! The newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the implementation of Wikimedia's Movement Strategy recommendations, other relevant topics regarding Movement governance, as well as different projects and activities supported by the Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team of the Wikimedia Foundation.

The MSG Newsletter is delivered quarterly, while the more frequent Movement Strategy Weekly will be delivered weekly. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive future issues of this newsletter.

  • Movement sustainability: Wikimedia Foundation's annual sustainability report has been published. (continue reading)
  • Improving user experience: recent improvements on the desktop interface for Wikimedia projects. (continue reading)
  • Safety and inclusion: updates on the revision process of the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines. (continue reading)
  • Equity in decisionmaking: reports from Hubs pilots conversations, recent progress from the Movement Charter Drafting Committee, and a new white paper for futures of participation in the Wikimedia movement. (continue reading)
  • Stakeholders coordination: launch of a helpdesk for Affiliates and volunteer communities working on content partnership. (continue reading)
  • Leadership development: updates on leadership projects by Wikimedia movement organizers in Brazil and Cape Verde. (continue reading)
  • Internal knowledge management: launch of a new portal for technical documentation and community resources. (continue reading)
  • Innovate in free knowledge: high-quality audiovisual resources for scientific experiments and a new toolkit to record oral transcripts. (continue reading)
  • Evaluate, iterate, and adapt: results from the Equity Landscape project pilot (continue reading)
  • Other news and updates: a new forum to discuss Movement Strategy implementation, upcoming Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election, a new podcast to discuss Movement Strategy, and change of personnel for the Foundation's Movement Strategy and Governance team. (continue reading)

RamzyM (WMF) 01:39, 18 July 2022 (UTC)Reply

Wikimania Session Alert![edit]

Come listen to the members of the leadership development working group share updates about their work, goals and vision at Wikimania 2022: The Festival Edition! Learn how you can get involved with their efforts to create a shared leadership definition for the Wiki movement!


Panel Session:

Leadership Development Working Group: What are we doing and why?

Saturday 13th August

8.45am - 9.30am UTC


Bring your questions! Cassie Casares (talk) 00:17, 13 August 2022 (UTC)Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


--18:12, 15 August 2022 (UTC).

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

The Movement Charter Drafting Committee explains: what is the purpose of a 'movement charter'?
  • Wikimedia Summit 2022: The Drafting Committee will present three brief drafts of sections from the Movement Charter for discussion at the Wikimedia Summit on 10 September. The drafts will also be posted publicly on Meta.
  • Movement Charter video: The Committee and the MSG team created a short video (~8 minutes). The video briefly explains what the Movement Charter is, and introduces the Drafting Committee members. This video was streamed during Wikimania.
  • Learn about the Movement Charter Drafting Committee's work in August: The Committee released its regular monthly update from August 2022, including highlights about the Movement Charter drafting process and the upcoming Wikimedia Summit.


Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


11:59, 6 September 2022 (UTC)

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

The Movement Charter Drafting Committee at the Wikimedia Summit in September.
  • Movement Charter Drafting Committee's participation at the Wikimedia Summit: The MCDC members presented initial drafts of the three chapters of the Movement Charter: Preamble, Values and Principles, and Roles and Responsibilities. The three chapters were prioritized to lay the groundwork for the rest of the Charter. MCDC members attended breakout rooms to discuss the progress with all attendees - both online and offline. The drafts received valuable feedback from the affiliates in many sessions. The Committee also launched a survey to gather feedback and suggestions on the Movement Charter development. Report for the Wikimedia Summit can be found here.
  • Learn about Movement Charter Drafting Committee’s work in September: The Committee released its regular monthly update from September 2022. It includes highlights about the Committee's progress in creating the Movement Charter content, results of the Wikimedia Summit, and an important announcement about membership.

Coming up:

  • Community consultations. In November the MCDC will be organizing events to hear your thoughts on the first three drafts. There will be onboarding sessions for community members to learn about Movement Charter and ask their questions to the Committee members. Community members will be able to share their thoughts and feedback via open and anonymous surveys, along with Meta pages, MS Forum and email. Details to be communicated by the MSG team.
  • Conference engagement. MCDC members will be attending the following conferences in October/November:
    • WikiArabia (28 - 30 October): Anass, Ravan, Reda will facilitate a discussion about the Movement Charter. Additional sessions include a conversation about the roles & responsibilities, and a conversation about hubs. .
    • WikiIndaba (4 - 6 November): Anasss will present a Movement Charter update.
    • WikiCon francophone (17 - 20 November): Anass, Georges and Reda will present a Movement Charter session.
    • WikiConNL (19 November): Ciell will present an Movement Charter update.
  • Movement Charter Ambassadors Package. Individuals and/or groups from various communities will be able to get resources and support to help increase the engagement of community members in the Movement Charter. The details to be shared by the MSG team.


--15:24, 25 October 2022 (UTC).

Sunday November 13 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

bestiary (Q830560)compendium (Q1459574)reference work (Q13136).

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Wikimedia Research Fund, 2023 Ombuds commission and Case Review Committee appointments process, feedback on consultation and community session of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee, various Wikimania topics: (ideas/suggestions for Wikimania 2023, expressions of interest for Wikimania 2024 and beyond, expressions of interest to join Wikimania Steering Committee), and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday November 13, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and
UTC times are different from before, and also note that some areas may have recently experienced daylight savings time changes.).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:59, 9 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Ask Me Anything session introduction (12 November), presented by a Movement Charter Drafting Committee member.
  • MCDC members attended the “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” sessions to provide more information about the Movement Charter, its goal, why it matters and how it impacts the communities. Recordings of the presentations in different languages can be found here.
  • The Movement Charter Ambassadors Program: Movement Charter Ambassadors (MCA) are individuals or groups interested in helping to ensure that their communities are fully engaged in community consultations. MCA are interested in supporting their communities to understand the content of the Movement Charter as well as ensuring that their communities can easily provide feedback. Anyone can become a MCA! Dedicated funds are available to support the MCA and their activities. Are you interested in becoming a Movement Charter Ambassador for your community? Sign up here!
  • The Movement Charter Drafting Committee will close membership: The  Committee decided not to add new members or replace those who step down after 1 January 2023, unless for exceptional reasons.
  • Learn about Movement Charter Drafting Committee’s work in October:  The Committee released its regular monthly update from October 2022. It includes highlights about the Committee's progress in drafting the Movement Charter content, its upcoming community consultation and participation at Wikimedia events.

Coming up:

  • Regional feedback conversations: The MCDC’s community consultations to collect feedback on the first three sections of the Movement Charter will take place between November 20 and December 18, 2022. You are invited to join one of the regional conversations planned for the eight regions (and various languages) of the Movement. Please note that interested people can share their feedback in different ways, including on the Meta talk page, on the Movement Strategy forum, filling out a survey (anonymously) and sending an email to: movementcharter(_AT_)wikimedia.org.
  • Sign up here to become a Movement Charter Ambassadors from your community and help ensure that your community is aware of the conversations around the Movement Charter! 


--13:37, 20 November 2022 (UTC).

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Presentation about the Values & Principles chapter by MCDC member Georges Fodouop.
Presentation about the Roles and Responsibilities chapter (statement of intent) by MCDC member Manavpreet Kaur.
  • Learn about Movement Charter Drafting Committee’s work in November: As usual, the Committee released its regular monthly updates from November 2022. This month’s updates include highlights about the external facilitator hiring, next in-person meeting of the Committee and updates about the new drafting groups, among others.
  • First community consultation period: From mid November to mid December 2022 the Committee members took part in 8 regional feedback sessions. Committee members joined the sessions to provide clarifications and answer to questions that came from different language communities on the Movement Charter.
    • Recordings of the presentations shared during the regional meetings are available here for those interested.
    • A list Frequently Asked Questions that came up in the calls is available on Meta.
    • If you have not shared your feedback on the drafts of the Movement Charter yet, please do so by filling out this anonymous survey, which is open until January 2, 2023 and is available in more than 12 languages.
  • The Movement Charter Ambassador Program received over 15 proposals. The ambassadors are currently putting their initiatives into action in various local communities. The Movement Charter Ambassadors Program will once again be opened for applications in the second quarter of 2023, in preparation for the next  round of Movement Charter consultations. Both individuals and organizations will be able to apply. Those interested in becoming Movement Charter Ambassadors are encouraged to sign-up.

Coming up:

  • Community Conversations summary: The Movement Strategy and Governance team of the Wikimedia Foundation will prepare and publish the final summary report of the community feedback in January 2023. The report will be shared with the MCDC and the communities on different channels of communication.
  • Feedback on the Movement Charter: There will be additional ways to engage with the Movement Charter content, including the early feedback on the proposed ratification process and a new set of draft chapters in the second quarter of 2023.


--14:27, 22 December 2022 (UTC).

We need your feedback on a tool from the Wikimedia Summit[edit]

Reminder: the guide to using Baserow, presented during the Wikimedia Summit.

Hi! I'm contacting you as one of the participants in the Wikimedia Summit 2022, to kindly ask for your feedback through a 5-10 minute survey to evaluate 'Baserow' (note: the survey is on a Google form).

Baserow was a tool through which participants in the Summit co-created a database of Movement Strategy activities. We hope to learn from you how useful it may be to keep using it in the future to help document and connect on Movement Strategy work.

You are welcome and encouraged to fill out the survey in any language. Your feedback would be very appreciated --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 14:24, 16 February 2023 (UTC).Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Coming up:

  • Community feedback on the ratification methodology proposal of the future Movement Charter. The feedback was postponed until March 2023. The communities will be able to review the ratification methodology and share their early input on the open questions.  
  • The MCDC will soon announce a “Call for Advisors”. The call will be an invitation for interested individuals with relevant expertise and knowledge to participate in drafting the Charter. Advisors will be considered non-voting members.
  • Responses to the community consultation feedback by the MCDC. The Committee has been carefully reviewing feedback collected in the consultation from November & December 2022, and will publicly share responses to the feedback by March.  


--14:20, 22 February 2023 (UTC).

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Coming up

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


--11:34, 21 March 2023 (UTC).

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Committee's meeting in New York, in early March.

Coming up:

  • Revised chapters: The Committee is preparing to publish the revised draft chapters of The Preamble, Values & Principles, and Roles & Responsibilities intentions statement, based on the community feedback received in November and December 2022.
  • Inviting advisors and experts: The Committee is preparing to welcome a number of advisors from outside the Committee. All interested Wikimedians were invited to apply earlier (you can still apply here!). Additionally, the Committee is planning and scheduling meetings with individuals with specific sets of expertise in various topics, including stewards, movement committees, Wikimedia Foundation and affiliate staff, and others.

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


--19:18, 15 April 2023 (UTC).

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Updates:

  • Charter Ratification Methodology proposal conversations: The Movement Charter Drafting Committee recently held the first conversations regarding the ratification methodology for the Movement Charter. The MCDC has received valuable feedback from different communities and the Committees during the community input period. The report of the community input will be shared in May, while the updated version of the ratification methodology will be presented between September and November 2023.
  • Communication evaluation: The Communications sub-committee of the MCDC together with the support staff conducted an evaluation of the communications. The Communications sub-committee appreciates the time and input of the community members who shared their opinions during the interviews. Several recommendations are going to be implemented in the upcoming period based on the valuable input.
  • Learn about the MCDC’s work in April: The MCDC continues to draft additional chapters: The Global Council, Hubs, Decision-making and Roles & Responsibilities. Alongside the drafting work, the MCDC is planning their in-person meeting scheduled for 2-4 June in Utrecht, Netherlands with the aim of advancing the charter's content.

What’s coming up?

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


Your Feedback On The Leadership Development Plan is Important![edit]

Hi MassiveEartha,


I am reaching out to you specifically on behalf of the Leadership Development Working Group (LDWG) who recently published the Leadership Development Plan, a practical resource for emerging and existing leaders across the Wikimedia movement who want to develop themselves and others. Your perspectives will be really helpful in making this resource useful. Any opinions, feedback or ideas that you share would be appreciated. You can give feedback through the short survey, MS Forum, talk page or email at leadershipworkinggroup@wikimedia.org.


The review period closes on Sunday May 28, 2023.


Thank you!


Best, Cassie Casares (talk) 23:23, 22 May 2023 (UTC)Reply

Reminder to Share Feedback: Leadership Development Plan[edit]

Hi MassiveEartha,


You have a few days left to share your feedback! The Leadership Development Working Group (LDWG) would love to hear your thoughts on the Leadership Development Plan.


The review period closes on May 28, 2023, end of day. Share your feedback via survey, MS Forum, talk page or email at leadershipworkinggroup@wikimedia.org.


Thank you!


Best,


Cassie Casares Cassie Casares (talk) 00:27, 27 May 2023 (UTC)Reply

Sunday July 16 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting (Global Council focus, now available in ar, es, fr!)[edit]

SWAN: The Next Generation

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Wikimania Singapore, Future of SWAN, Movement Charter/Content new sections (particularly Movement Charter/Content/Global Council), other activities you submit, and we will top it all off with a grand finale AI Happy Hour / Doom Hour!

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 16, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

UTC meeting times are and
Note that we are now meeting on Zoom, with interpretation in the 2nd session in (Arabic) (Spanish) (French)--Pharos (talk) 02:44, 12 July 2023 (UTC)Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

This newsletter combines content from both June and July, due to a delay in sharing out the previous newsletter.

Updates:

  • Learn about MCDC’s work in May & June: as usual, the update includes information about the meetings held by the Committee in this month, as well as about the work that was completed and the ongoing work & discussions.

What’s coming up?

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


--12:25, 30 July 2023 (UTC).

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter: August 2023[edit]

Updates

  • Community consultation: The community consultation on the Global Council, Hubs, and the Glossary drafts is ongoing. We value your input, if you have not already, please take a moment to review the draft chapters and share your thoughts with the MCDC. We’ve posed open questions we would like your opinion on. Feel free to engage in a way that is most comfortable for you and your community. Learn more on our Diff blogs about the Global Council and Hubs.
  • Launch Party: On July 30 we hosted a Launch Party to share the Global Council and Hubs draft chapters. It was an inspiring event where we had the opportunity to listen to your feedback and address some of your questions. If you missed it, you can catch the recording on YouTube.
  • Community Conversations: We want to hear from as many people as possible. On July 16, the SWAN meeting opened its doors and offered an opportunity to interact with the MCDC members regarding the new drafts of the charter. Notes are available here. On July 28, a regional conversation with the Francophone community was held. Here comes a short summary here in English and French. Additionally, on August 2 we had a fruitful conversation with the LATAM region.
  • MCDC’s Work in July: As usual, the update includes information about the meetings held by the Committee in this month, as well as about the work that was completed and the ongoing work & discussions.

Upcoming

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta-wiki


MCDC Support Team, 23:53, 14 August 2023 (UTC)

Invitation to participate in the photo contest Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports 2023[edit]

English Dear MassiveEartha,

We’re excited to share with you our first-ever art and photo contest for this year’s #VisibleWikiWomen, on Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports!

We’re inviting submissions of photos, illustrations, and other forms of art depicting womxn and non-binary people in sports — as athletes, fans, cheerleaders, referees, journalists, and much more. Our #VisibleWikiWomxn contest celebrates the bodies of womxn in sports by centering their voices, images, stories, and experiences in all their diversity, plurality, and glory.

You can find all the information on our landing page: Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports

Spanish Hola MassiveEartha,

Queremos invitarte a participar de nuestro primer concurso de arte y fotografía "Cuerpos plurales en el deporte" en el marco de la campaña #VisibleWikiWomen de este año.

Estamos convocando a presentar fotos, ilustraciones y otras formas de arte que representen a mujeres y personas no binarias en el deporte - atletas, personas aficionadas, animadoras, árbitras, periodistas y personas ligadas al deporte en todos los aspectos. Nuestro concurso #VisibleWikiWomxn celebra los cuerpos de las mujeres en el deporte centrándose en sus voces, imágenes, historias y experiencias en toda su diversidad, pluralidad y gloria.

Puedes encontrar toda la información en la página del concurso.

Portuguese Olá MassiveEartha,

Ficamos felizes em convidar você a participar de nossa primeira Wiki-competição de arte e fotografia, como parte da campanha #VisibleWikiWomen deste ano, sobre "Corpos plurais no esporte"!

Estamos recebendo fotos, ilustrações, e outras formas de arte que retratem mulheres e pessoas não-binárias nos esportes — como atletas, torcedoras, juízas, jornalistas, e muito mais. Nossa competição #VisibleWikiWomxn celebra os corpors de mulheres e pessoas não-binárias e coloca ao centro suas vozes, imagens, histórias, e experiências em toda sua pluralidade e glória.

Você pode encontrar todas as informações necessárias em nossa página: Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports.

Mariana Fossatti (talk) MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 15:49, 20 October 2023 (UTC)Reply